OT: - TyTy Washington decommits from Creighton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: TyTy Washington decommits from Creighton

Reaction Score
You've gotten yourself pretty worked up about an incident about which you have no direct knowledge, and then proceeded to judge fanbases, including this one.

Tell us you've never said anything that didn't come out the right way or that you've never used a wrong phrase or words. Or, did you lose a job because of something stupid/inappropriate you once said and want your "pound of flesh" from McDermott?
(Oh, there goes my job with Yeshiva)

McDermott has been there a long time and had lots of players go through his program. If he's not Mike Rice, no pattern is evident and Creighton accepted an apology as the remedy for something he said, what qualifies you to demand more?

This is a great country, full of caring and forgiving people, but not all are as perfect as you seem to have anointed yourself.
You hit it on the head. This is an ego thing...an eating the apple from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil thing...a searching for purpose thing.

Reaction Score
I’d say we could use more common decency and kindness to one another, yes. That works both ways, including taking an apology at face value instead of reading into somebody’s mind and inducting them.
I must have missed it. Did Butch welcome McDermott to the Racism Hall of Fame?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’d say we could use more common decency and kindness to one another, yes. That works both ways, including taking an apology at face value instead of reading into somebody’s mind and inducting them.
You don't need to be a mind reader.

Reaction Score
You've gotten yourself pretty worked up about an incident about which you have no direct knowledge, and then proceeded to judge fanbases, including this one.

Tell us you've never said anything that didn't come out the right way or that you've never used a wrong phrase or words. Or, did you lose a job because of something stupid/inappropriate you once said and want your "pound of flesh" from McDermott?
(Oh, there goes my job with Yeshiva)

McDermott has been there a long time and had lots of players go through his program. If he's not Mike Rice, no pattern is evident and Creighton accepted an apology as the remedy for something he said, what qualifies you to demand more?

This is a great country, full of caring and forgiving people, but not all are as perfect as you seem to have anointed yourself.
I 100% believe our ancestors were what you call "black". Does that answer your questions? All races are genetic mutations that have origins in what people refer to as "black". Tight curls, dark skin, etc.

I see no value in racism or sexism. I've learned on my own that It's flat out stupidity. Sorry if you do think everyone is bigoted in some way.

Reaction Score
By the way, some of you are way misperceiving me and my words. I couldn't care to have any animosity towards McDermott. He's forgiven in my egomanical world. But he does have a job that involves a lot of people he offended.

For me, nothing personal, all professional. Those of you who are ironically judging me can feel free to look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
I 100% believe our ancestors were what you call "black". Does that answer your questions? All races are genetic mutations that have origins in what people refer to as "black". Tight curls, dark skin, etc.

I see no value in racism or sexism. I've learned on my own that It's flat out stupidity. Sorry if you do think everyone is bigoted in some way.

How can someone not see value in racism or sexism? And it certainly isn't just stupidity.

People perpetuate racism and sexism because it benefits them. Not every racist is a good old boy with 3 teeth and a 70 IQ. The trult pernicious racists are the conservative moderates with the intelligence to try to rationalize themselves out of racism.

Reaction Score
How can someone not see value in racism or sexism? And it certainly isn't just stupidity.

People perpetuate racism and sexism because it benefits them. Not every racist is a good old boy with 3 teeth and a 70 IQ. The trult pernicious racists are the conservative moderates with the intelligence to try to rationalize themselves out of racism.
Exactly. Boosts their own imaginary egos.

Reaction Score
All the 247 guys point Washington to Kentucky, including three "locks":

1620506084051.png

Reaction Score
After the Hickman decommit, I thought they were the trendy pick for Marcus Carr.

Still sucks for Creighton. Probs a struggle for them next year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
With mintz this past year, uks backcourt is courtesy of creighton these days

damn shame for the BE and jays fans

Reaction Score
Not good for the league.

This is likely to become an issue for the coach and Creighton. Recruiting is hard enough. Being labeled a racist (accurate or not) doesn't make it easier. Not sure if the coach can get past this. Wouldn't be surprised if Creighton makes a change.
I am not completely in the loop on McDermott's situation. Is his using the plantation reference the only charge as of now?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are a tolerant soul who looks at both sides of the equation
Given that McDermott has lost his team, I think he may be right, the energy level of his post notwithstanding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom