Tyrese Martin to UConn | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin to UConn

Reaction Score
Anyone who has actually seen him play loves this pickup. Very easy to see why he would transfer as playing along side low percentage gunner Fatts Russell looks like a miserable existence. A smart, athletic and productive offensive player who was held back at URI as he played with a PG who didn't always make the right reads. Huge get for the huskies!

Reaction Score
People's thoughts now on taking Nolley? Very hard decision but I do not think we can use a third scholarship on a guy who won't play next season, Martin and Akok the other two.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting over the next few days to see what names we become connected to more now. Hopefully Hurley can work some magic and get Martin eligible immediately and still go after Nolley

Reaction Score
People's thoughts now on taking Nolley? Very hard decision but I do not think we can use a third scholarship on a guy who won't play next season, Martin and Akok the other two.

You don't turn down a talent like Nolley regardless. An ideal world sees us with a grad transfer and a sit one, but it may just not be working out that way for us. Trust the staff.

Reaction Score
Fills a need, knows the system, good size and athleticism. Great depth added to the team.

One more ship left. Need a big man

Need either a big guard who can play the 3 or in small lineups the 4, or a big man. But MUST be able to play immediately. Cannot go into next season with 10 guys suiting up, two of them being Javonte who people aren't expecting much out of a freshman and Polley who is returning from an ACL tear.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
I may be mis-remembering, but didn't just about anyone who asked for a waiver get a pass last year? We just didn't ask with Cole because he didn't want to use a year alongside Gilbert. It gives me hope that even if the rule doesn't take effect this year, Martin still might get eligibility through a more relaxed waiver process.

Reaction Score
I'd still take Nolley if we can get him. He's the top-ranked available transfer and was effective as a freshman in the ACC. Too much talent to pass up although I acknowledge the potential pitfall if Polley doesn't come back healthy enough to contribute and we have the same injury issues we had last season. A chance worth taking to me.

Reaction Score
You don't turn down a talent like Nolley regardless. An ideal world sees us with a grad transfer and a sit one, but it may just not be working out that way for us. Trust the staff.

I get your point. But I think this team can be special with one more piece. Almost all top programs will have either 12 or 13 ready to suit up. We're immediately at a disadvantage if we only have 10.

Reaction Score
My issue is we’d be giving up a scholarship for this season for a Brendan Adams type (and I like Adams) player. We cannot afford to suit up 10 healthy guys again.

You're underestimsting what both being better than Adams and getting only the premium upperclassmen years means. And that's the worst case. Better than what Adams will be next year.

It's worth an opportunity cost year (if he doesn't get a waiver), because that's actually one less than normal.

Reaction Score
From Borges' recent article - doesn't sound like Nolley: Tyrese Martin, a big, scoring guard, transferring from URI to UConn

UConn will likely be looking for a power forward-type to fill what is currently the final scholarship spot, and it would appear likely the Huskies will concentrate on a player who will definitely be available for next season — either a grad transfer, junior college transfer or an incoming freshman.

Reaction Score
You're underestimsting what both being better than Adams and getting only the premium upperclassmen years means. And that's the worst case. Better than what Adams will be next year.

It's worth an opportunity cost year (if he doesn't get a waiver), because that's actually one less than normal.

My complaints are over now. He's a Husky. I have my reservations but nothing more I want than to see him succeed

Reaction Score
From Borges' recent article - doesn't sound like Nolley: Tyrese Martin, a big, scoring guard, transferring from URI to UConn

UConn will likely be looking for a power forward-type to fill what is currently the final scholarship spot, and it would appear likely the Huskies will concentrate on a player who will definitely be available for next season — either a grad transfer, junior college transfer or an incoming freshman.
what a rollercoaster ride. Brandon Johnson is the only player we're linked with that fits the criteria

Reaction Score

Sounds like the right plan but who is out there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom