Tyler Harris to visit per John Rothstein | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tyler Harris to visit per John Rothstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not true. Brimah had a higher rebounding rate (6.7 per 40 to 6.0) and got a higher percentage of available rebounds (10.2 to 8.9), and Brimah was a bad rebounder this year. I see little utility in adding a worse rebounder. If we whiff on Miller, maybe. But he's not a priority.

Yes he's a weak rebounder but he can score at a much higher rate than both Nolan and Facey combined and that makes him valuable to UConn. He also has expierence that Enoch doesnt have. We can spread the floor like when we had DD at the 4 and run a pro sets that Ollie loves to run.

Miller would be preferable but I would make him and Miller priorities and hope we can land one of them.

Reaction Score
Not true. Brimah had a higher rebounding rate (6.7 per 40 to 6.0) and got a higher percentage of available rebounds (10.2 to 8.9), and Brimah was a bad rebounder this year. I see little utility in adding a worse rebounder. If we whiff on Miller, maybe. But he's not a priority.

I read someone here put 10 and 5 with much less minutes so after reviewing real stats you are correct.

Having said that besides shot blocking this kid is more polished than any of our bigs especially on the offensive end where we have no threats. He can handle it on the perimeter and knows the game a lot better than what we have (minus Enoch coming in). An absolute no brainer if possible, and if Miller is a no or unsure.

Reaction Score
what kind of list is that. youre a grad transfer, put out 3 schools. cut the hype

Reaction Score
the nba family is pretty tight knit and the harris' are all up in that. with channing frye being a cousin i can see zona making a push. KO and the elder harris might share some connections too that he didn't with JC. its been a while, but when he was in the circuit i remember him playing with his bro on a team and he was a stick who can really shoot. lately when i've watched its pretty much the same, like a softer daniels. average rebounding instincts and not much of a defender.

Reaction Score
Brimah is a 7 foot center and this kid is a 6'8 small forward who played with three other solid bigs who all rebounded fairly well so the comparison isnt great. Ollie isnt recruiting this kid for only rebounding he would just be another solid piece to the puzzle for one year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Looks like a point forward. Just kidding. More like a true stretch four and those guys do well in our system.

I think Ollie would have to sell him on the stretch four spot and how it would help[ him in the NBA draft the following year.
I unlike others think he would help, father and all.

Reaction Score
He's 6'9 but usually plays much smaller. Bad defense (slow feet) takes way too many stupid shots and likes to drive one on 3 (he was better at that last year). He is a black hole, the ball goes in to him, it NEVER comes out. He gets lots of points against bad teams, and disappears a lot in big games. If you could keep him around the rim, he might do OK, but he thinks he is a 3 point shooter. He isn't. The parting with Providence was mutual. Word is he wasn't welcome back. Cooley had had enough. Oh and the old man is a nightmare. Besides that...

Reaction Score
He's 6'9 but usually plays much smaller. Bad defense (slow feet) takes way too many stupid shots and likes to drive one on 3 (he was better at that last year). He is a black hole, the ball goes in to him, it NEVER comes out. He gets lots of points against bad teams, and disappears a lot in big games. If you could keep him around the rim, he might do OK, but he thinks he is a 3 point shooter. He isn't. The parting with Providence was mutual. Word is he wasn't welcome back. Cooley had had enough. Oh and the old man is a nightmare. Besides that...

Crazy thing in regards to your scouting report is he's an upgrade still for us. :oops:

Reaction Score
in person tyler harris has fantastic shooting mechanics. not sure how coachable he is

Reaction Score

It sounds like he would fit in perfect with our current bigs!

Reaction Score
Hollis-Jefferson leaving Zona was expected. It shouldn't have any effect on Ivan Rabb's decision. He's still a Cal lean. Plenty of hope alive with Shonn Miller.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Another plus that Harris would bring: passing . He averaged 1 assist per game. KF averaged an assist every 2.5 games, AB every 5 games and PN every 10 games and none of them looked comfortable in passing the ball.
Team chemistry relies a lot on having players with the ability to pass the ball.

Reaction Score
At this point I surely would take him. He has deficiencies but he does bring offense to a offensive deficient team. Miller would be fine but Michigan seems to have the inside track.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What is it with this list? Is he trying to be eighteen again? Let's hope Miller comes so we can move past this guy.
He only has one year of eligibility. Is he expecting to take course work leading to a post graduate degree?
If I am Ollie, I am on the phone to Facey everyday making sure he is in the weight room and taking jumpers. Ditto for Nolan.
A reinvented Facey is starting to look good to me. This list thing is one great giant red light.

Reaction Score
What is it with this list? Is he trying to be eighteen again? Let's hope Miller comes so we can move past this guy.
He only has one year of eligibility. Is he expecting to take course work leading to a post graduate degree?
If I am Ollie, I am on the phone to Facey everyday making sure he is in the weight room and taking jumpers. Ditto for Nolan.
A reinvented Facey is starting to look good to me. This list thing is one great giant red light.

Be careful what you wish for. Reinvented with KF is not just hitting the weight room and taking jumpers I'm afraid. There's a lot more to it than that, we need Miller and if not we will be happy with Harris.

Reaction Score
Seems like we likely end up with one of these guys. I'd much prefer Miller, but Harris definitely improves our frontcourt.
We have to get one of these guys or imagine the uproar about KO not being able to seal the deal. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom