Tyler Harris to visit per John Rothstein | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Harris to visit per John Rothstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll pass on this kid. People keep calling him a stretch four even though he has never shown himself to be an efficient offensive player, and on the other end he doesn't really buy in. I watched him a lot at Providence - he's just one of those meh players who doesn't do anything particularly well.

Reaction Score
Beggars can't be choosers. Harris is an upgrade to our front court and for 1 year, whats the real cost? I'd take him in a second and feel slightly better about next year's team, primarily our front court, than I do now.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If Rabb lands @ Cal in the next couple days it has to help us with "Miller Time". Right experts?

I just can't imagine Rabb is going to choose CAL over Arizona. I love CAL, grew up 15 minutes from Berkeley and would love it but.................................I think he is AZ bound.

Reaction Score
I just can't imagine Rabb is going to choose CAL over Arizona. I love CAL, grew up 15 minutes from Berkeley and would love it but........I think he is AZ bound.
Arizona's the favorite, but don't rule Cal out yet. He's made big, big inroads with the local AAU programs, and has some serious bona fides as a player along with a decent resume as coach.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Arizona's the favorite, but don't rule Cal out yet. He's made big, big inroads with the local AAU programs, and has some serious bona fides as a player along with a decent resume as coach.
Arizona has a much longer history of success with their Oakland Soldier pipeline. Ill believe it when I see it. That said, I remember back in 89 (ish) saying Jason Kidd was never going to CAL. Of course, they had to pay him but their is history of an Oakland kid staying home to play for the Golden Bears.

Reaction Score
Sorry but long and lefty and no one has said:

Johnny Time?

He actually looks very similar in so many ways but longer. I don't know I would take him as a 3/4 next year for sure, and Miller too! LOL

Reaction Score
I would take Harris in a second, and regardless of his defense he can score. I seriously wonder if some of you saw how atrocious our offense was during stretches of every single game this year. I hope he commits on his visit tomorrow.

Reaction Score
We have 3 scholarships to fill for next year. How can you say pass? He could be a complete failure and still be an upgrade to the walk-on we'd give the schollie to. Obviously he's not our first choice but if the last few months have taught us anything we don't always get what we want. Add him and look to add 2 more pieces.

Reaction Score
If his dad is going to be a royal pain in the ass I'd have reservations. Maybe the kid test him to stay home this year and does his last year on his own terms.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Father issues, game fell apart late this season and he lost his starting position, we would be his third college.
Pass if we can get Miller.
«We Need a point guard and a shooter plus Miller = 3.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Well, what choice does Ollie have? He should offer him. Statistically he is an upgrade. He probably should start. With Enoch waiting in the wings, [no speculation on transfers]. If he gives us 10/5, its more than Facey, Lubin and Nolan combined gave us from that position last year.
Without Boat we can not have a black hole at PF position. Remember, at best, this kid will be 4th option on offense, but he will have to be guarded. Unlike Facey who was basically ignored. And we were not that far away from being good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Tyler Harris is a no brainer. First off he's a very skilled 6-9 and we don't have anything like that. I think Harris is capable of 14-7-2 and closer to 45-47% as senior--that would be fantastic. Remember he did close to 12-5-2 as a sophomore. I think more than anything that basketball team was centric on Dunn and Henton this year and Harris stepped back. I can see Tyler as a good piece of nice team. Id say everything positive here. Would be great if he comes here. We have the PT and the need at 4.

Reaction Score
As Fishy said, we don't need someone who wants the ball for an NBA tryout year. Our team really needs more mature "glue" type guys who can help pull the team together, not someone out to get his. KO makes the call, but I hope we get someone more like Miller.

I agree but I think if Harris comes it's with buy in to KO's system which would be good. And if the occasional NBA tryout possession rears its ugly head it's still better than what we have at that position as we speak. If Miller ain't coming this works!

Reaction Score
As Fishy said, we don't need someone who wants the ball for an NBA tryout year. Our team really needs more mature "glue" type guys who can help pull the team together, not someone out to get his. KO makes the call, but I hope we get someone more like Miller.
I totally see how UConn should pass on this kid. Especially when their next best option on the roster avg. less than 2 pts and 2 rebounds a game. Very sound logic. Especially if this kid does have a shot at the NBA.

Reaction Score
Maybe if someone other than Boat was auditioning for the NBA last year UConn would have been better.

Reaction Score
But Brimah played a lot more minutes and averaged less rebounds yet still. Not a good argument!

Not true. Brimah had a higher rebounding rate (6.7 per 40 to 6.0) and got a higher percentage of available rebounds (10.2 to 8.9), and Brimah was a bad rebounder this year. I see little utility in adding a worse rebounder. If we whiff on Miller, maybe. But he's not a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom