Tyler Harris to visit per John Rothstein | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Harris to visit per John Rothstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks. Then there's no reason we can't bring in both, and hopefully find another PG.
Now you're just being greedy. Seriously though, don't think both would choose to come here and fight over PT. The USF kid/PG and his 5 assists a game look good, but I think AAC rules don't allow him to come here.

Reaction Score
Now you're just being greedy. Seriously though, don't think both would choose to come here and fight over PT. The USF kid/PG and his 5 assists a game look good, but I think AAC rules don't allow him to come here.

Agree they won't both come at this point. Collins just doesn't fit, can't score at all plus I doubt within conference is allowed as you said.

How about Soulimain (sp?) from Duke? Hide the women? Sorry just had to ask, the kid can "shoot"!;)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
All in on Miller. Top target at the moment. But what do I know? ; )

Is the love mutual Zionn? I sure hope so. Really want this kid.

Reaction Score

Each could play 20-25 minutes a game.

Here's our starting lineup/minutes:

Adams-25
Purvis-30
Hamilton-35
Miller-25
Brimah-20

There's 65 minutes remaining:

Harris-25
Calhoun-10
Samuel-10
Facey-10
Nolan-10

Greedy? Sure, but Ollie should be telling them they will each get 20+ minutes if they both come, and more if only one comes. Whoever's playing better will play more. Depending on the matchups with other teams, they may get more/less minutes. But both players come in and leapfrog everyone but Brimah at the 4/5. (I don't include Hamilton, he'll have to help run the point with Adams).

Reaction Score
Shot 28% from 3 this past season and 32% last season, not a great rebounder but I will take him as he is an upgrade over Nolan and Facey plus Enoch may not be ready right away. Would be nice to have a four that can provide some offense.

Reaction Score
Can he rebound?

Not really, no. His rebounding rate last year was under 9%, which is quite bad for a big. For some context, Brimah's was over 10%. Shonn Miller's was about 16%.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Each could play 20-25 minutes a game.

Here's our starting lineup/minutes:

Adams-25
Purvis-30
Hamilton-35
Miller-25
Brimah-20

There's 65 minutes remaining:

Harris-25
Calhoun-10
Samuel-10
Facey-10
Nolan-10
Enoch will play 5-10 minutes at least I'd assume. He's a true post man. That's a big need, and considering that he is likely our starting center in 2016, we need to develop his game as much as possible.

I sincerely hope Brimah can play more than 20 minutes considering he averages 26 minutes this season. I'd set the bar for him at 30+ minutes. He really limits other teams guards by making them settle for perimeter shots.

You're also selling Facey short. He averaged 21 minutes this year. With strength and conditioning, he can really help us on the boards and he has a nice midrange game that he hasn't really tapped into. He's KO's guy, I trust that he can/will develop Facey into a productive player. He trailed Harris in win shares by only .5 this year.

Calhoun and Nolan are question marks for me. Nolan is really only of use when pick and roll defense is big. That's what he defends well. I love Calhoun, extremely loyal and unlucky kid (injuries). But his minutes will always be inconsistent because his mechanics on his jumper aren't ideal leading him to be streaky.

You didn't even factor Cassell in. Unless Adam Smith transfers here, we may be really depending on him to become a guy that can come in and shoot the 3 ball. I don't want to project his playing time, because it will depend on if he can be more consistent from 3, and sharpen his handling/agility. But I like his age and control. The IQ is there for him.

Thinking both Miller and Harris come here is a waste of time. It would never happen. It's not in anyone's best interest, whether its either of them, or Facey and Enoch as well. Shonn Miller fits the bill more. He plays bigger, and I think he'd really help Facey in practice, as well as aspects of Enoch and DHam's games.

Don't bother planning minutes ahead of time. They'll be earned, not just given. Depth is important, we learned that this year. Competition, not just in games, but in practice too, brings out the best of people.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Cassell become a sharpshooter, but there's no evidence that he has that ability. He's simply never been a particularly accurate shooter, even as a JuCo.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Cassell become a sharpshooter, but there's no evidence that he has that ability. He's simply never been a particularly accurate shooter, even as a JuCo.
I feel you here, but I'll offer a couple counterpoints:
1) Cassell's scouting reports out of high school and JUCO always praised his shot mechanics. He always seemed to have a consistent stroke.

2a) His JUCO percentage wasn't great (about 33% from deep). But he was the main scorer on the team. The guy who needed to heave a shot if nothing else was happening for his offense. That is often a cause of lower percentages for people who are actually good shooters.
2b) The same can actually be said for Cornell's Shonn Miller. ESPN articles have cited that he considered a better perimeter shooter than his stats show. He likely wouldn't have to settle for as many lower percentage 3PA at UConn

3) Consider what was going on in Cassell's head. He lights it up in the preseason, and people's expectations build. He then gets off to a cold start from 3, and starts pressing. That really can mess with shooters. Confidence is huge. He was overthinking and overshooting. He forced up tough shots to make up for mistakes. Cassell waited a long time to finally play under the bright lights of a high major NCAA program, and unfortunately lost confidence early.

He's no sure thing, but I can see the potential there for him to be a good shooter. Look at what Giffey did when he was 22.

Yeah... he's a nightmare. CJ Fair would likely concur too.

Reaction Score
This is March.
Death. Taxes. Off-season transfers.
College basketball. Where the unexpected becomes the ordinary.
Tyler Harris has a "Chandler Parsons" type feel to his game. Everything looks effortless. Really smooth for a F.
"What's won is done. Joy's soul lies in the doing." - Shakespeare

Reaction Score
Watched him in juco several times, even then when he was rolling, he was quite streaky due to lackadaisical form, especially fading away on almost every shot. He can shoot it better than he did this year. But he is not a primary zone buster. His juco team had a zillion options, but he was the only one that could shoot from the outside. Important point, they also had bigs no other jucos could match up with (Cinnamon Bowers that ended up at Auburn, plus two other 6'11 guys) so I don't give him a pass at all on that. They had an undersized point that could really score if needed as well. I thought Sam's best attribute was smarts/passing/helping offense flow but he was so bad I'm sure his confidence was real low.

I don't see quite Giffey but I do see better. He can make buckets. But not a 43% shooter from deep.

Reaction Score
This is March.
Death. Taxes. Off-season transfers.
College basketball. Where the unexpected becomes the ordinary.
Tyler Harris has a "Chandler Parsons" type feel to his game. Everything looks effortless. Really smooth for a F.
"What's won is done. Joy's soul lies in the doing." - Shakespeare

This is pretty funny.

Reaction Score
Watched him in juco several times, even then when he was rolling, he was quite streaky due to lackadaisical form, especially fading away on almost every shot. He can shoot it better than he did this year. But he is not a primary zone buster. His juco team had a zillion options, but he was the only one that could shoot from the outside. Important point, they also had bigs no other jucos could match up with (Cinnamon Bowers that ended up at Auburn, plus two other 6'11 guys) so I don't give him a pass at all on that. They had an undersized point that could really score if needed as well. I thought Sam's best attribute was smarts/passing/helping offense flow but he was so bad I'm sure his confidence was real low.

I don't see quite Giffey but I do see better. He can make buckets. But not a 43% shooter from deep.
Let me get this straight. There is a man Out there named cinnamon? A near 7 footer no less.

Reaction Score
Would deff take him has a lot of talent even if hes under-performed a little. A lot of people on here are calling Harris a "big" but he's really a 3 with the game of a 3 and guards mainly 3's.

These highlights are from his sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Enoch will play 5-10 minutes at least I'd assume. He's a true post man. That's a big need, and considering that he is likely our starting center in 2016, we need to develop his game as much as possible.

I sincerely hope Brimah can play more than 20 minutes considering he averages 26 minutes this season. I'd set the bar for him at 30+ minutes. He really limits other teams guards by making them settle for perimeter shots.

You're also selling Facey short. He averaged 21 minutes this year. With strength and conditioning, he can really help us on the boards and he has a nice midrange game that he hasn't really tapped into. He's KO's guy, I trust that he can/will develop Facey into a productive player. He trailed Harris in win shares by only .5 this year.

Calhoun and Nolan are question marks for me. Nolan is really only of use when pick and roll defense is big. That's what he defends well. I love Calhoun, extremely loyal and unlucky kid (injuries). But his minutes will always be inconsistent because his mechanics on his jumper aren't ideal leading him to be streaky.

You didn't even factor Cassell in. Unless Adam Smith transfers here, we may be really depending on him to become a guy that can come in and shoot the 3 ball. I don't want to project his playing time, because it will depend on if he can be more consistent from 3, and sharpen his handling/agility. But I like his age and control. The IQ is there for him.

Thinking both Miller and Harris come here is a waste of time. It would never happen. It's not in anyone's best interest, whether its either of them, or Facey and Enoch as well. Shonn Miller fits the bill more. He plays bigger, and I think he'd really help Facey in practice, as well as aspects of Enoch and DHam's games.

Don't bother planning minutes ahead of time. They'll be earned, not just given. Depth is important, we learned that this year. Competition, not just in games, but in practice too, brings out the best of people.

Just let me be greedy okay. ;) Facey wouldn't get 21 minutes if both those guys came. I know minutes are earned, obviously this is all just for the sake of conversation. I was just trying to show that there are minutes available. I like Facey, I don't think he'd play more than either of those guys though. I think Cassell could take T-Sam's minutes. I wish one of them had a handle.

Reaction Score
I'm really not certain he is the kind of player to buy into KO's defensive scheme. AKA no zone, check your man and if you don't rotate or communicate , hello pine. wouldn't mind him though, just somebody over 6'6 please. anybody.

@RipCity i'm with you but, might go a bit further. Enoch will more than likely demand minutes as the season (and his game) progresses, best the frame on the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's got flaws, but we also have 3 scholarships to give and he's obviously talented enough to help if he buys in. If he doesn't buy in, he sits...and then he's gone. What's the downside?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not saying much, but he does average more rebounds than any of our bigs, that's a plus. He's 6'9 220 according to ESPN, averaged 10 and 4 last season in 27 min shooting 42%. He looks like he could start at the four for a year while facey and Enoch continue developing. Sign me up, there aren't many good options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom