Tyler Dorsey (Committed to Oregon) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey (Committed to Oregon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need another big most of all...

I'm not sure how you could see this team struggle to make shots and plays off the dribble, and also commit careless turnovers and come to that conclusion

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think reliable ball handlers is going to be remain our biggest need next season. Right now we have one, and he is graduating. Our best hope for next season is a kid who--no matter how heralded--has yet to play a second of CBB. Same is true of Dorsey, but the odds improve and the pressure decreases if we bring in more than one.

Would love to have another big too, but I am more worried about 2016-17 for that, and Stone won't help at all for that season because he will certainly be one and done.

Reaction Score
Still think Dorsey is a long shot. He cut us twice maybe three times in his recruiting the last two years. He obviously likes Ollie but dont see him wanting to come East to play in the AAC.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
This Dorsey recruitment reminds me of the Briscoe saga...we can be cut again and re-added only to watch him go somewhere else when all is said and done

My hopes are not up on this one

Reaction Score

We need kids who can make shoots and handle the ball. And yes we need a big as well. But a big can't do anything if we can't get the ball up and spread the floor!

Reaction Score
This Dorsey recruitment reminds me of the Briscoe saga...we can be cut again and re-added only to watch him go somewhere else when all is said and done

My hopes are not up on this one

Maybe, but it's also possible we were never cut by Dorsey the second time. I know Jerry Meyer said we were cut, and he definitely knows a lot about recruiting. But it's also possible he was wrong. If Ollie is visiting, there's still a chance.

I have no idea what the odds are, but we can't be totally out yet.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but it's also possible we were never cut by Dorsey the second time. I know Jerry Meyer said we were cut, and he definitely knows a lot about recruiting. But it's also possible he was wrong. If Ollie is visiting, there's still a chance.

Recruiting is fluid. Things change. That is why I love it. Take what all these guys say with a grain of salt. There are so many variables impacting the final decision

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We need him or a player like him, but the odds are not good.

Big handicap - we can't bring him in for an official visit.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

Never say die in recruiting, just not feeling like we are in a great position with Dorsey but what the hell do I know

Reaction Score
KO is going to have to get his Hoiberg on after the season, a high level graduate senior will probably have a bigger impact next season than what will be out there for HS seniors. It seems like guards/wings are where the most talent is for the graduates so hopefully there's more options that can actually get into the graduate program compared to the market for bigs this past offseason.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

We were most certainly cut by Dorsey a second time.

He even planned officials to 5 schools (which he has taken) and an unofficial to UNLV.

C

Chief00

We win titles with guards

While I mostly agree, in 1999 and 2004 we had centers who had long NBA careers. In 2014 we had a center who may or may not become a first round pick. Like in most sports you need to be good up the middle and centers and PGs are the middle in Basketball.

Reaction Score
While I mostly agree, in 1999 and 2004 we had centers who had long NBA careers. In 2014 we had a center who may or may not become a first round pick. Like in most sports you need to be good up the middle and centers and PGs are the middle in Basketball.

I think the point is that you don't need a polished, scoring big (e.g. Diamond Stone) to be successful in college basketball. You can do just fine with a long, raw athlete.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If presented with both options, however, I'd like to go with the polished, scoring big for a change of pace.

And if you can throw in another ball handler who can hit a three-pointer 40% of the time, that'd be swell.

Reaction Score
Anyone not preferring to have Diamond Stone right now is only in the mindset he is not coming here, therefore directing their positive energy to a solid ball handler. We need the ball handler no doubt but if DS wants to come here and we need to fend for ourselves, I'm in!

Reaction Score
Anyone not preferring to have Diamond Stone right now is only in the mindset he is not coming here, therefore directing their positive energy to a solid ball handler. We need the ball handler no doubt but if DS wants to come here and we need to fend for ourselves, I'm in!
As long as we get at least one, I won't be picky.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
That Zags article mentions Dorsey's father talking about a potential UConn visit - I thought he was out of visits and that was a a big hurdle to clear in his recruitment. I'm assuming he can still take an unofficial visit in this case if he wishes to do so

Reaction Score
That Zags article mentions Dorsey's father talking about a potential UConn visit - I thought he was out of visits and that was a a big hurdle to clear in his recruitment. I'm assuming he can still take an unofficial visit in this case if he wishes to do so

Those are older quotes from a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom