Tyler Davis Transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Davis Transferring

Reaction Score
I am weird...I have been told that no normal sane person enjoys crawling around a building with fire rolling over their head....I find it beyond fun..my happy place! RE has always been like that...it's he way that he is. He just hasn't employed a DC here that gave up 50+ its per game and whose defense showed ZERO improvement from game 1 to game 12!

but hey he says we will see it next season:

Different era FDNY99, teams weren’t scoring at will, 50+ a game when Edsall was a head coach here before. I personally don’t think Edsall will survive in this era, as he use to struggle against teams like West Virginia that had big time offenses. Almost every team in the nation uses a high octane offense that put up points. This is why it’s essential for Edsall to allow his coordinators to coordinate. You mentioned lack of improvement, however, I thought Edsall was good at developing players? If that’s Edsalls forte then why are we blaming coordinators?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Different era FDNY99, teams weren’t scoring at will, 50+ a game when Edsall was a head coach here before. I personally don’t think Edsall will survive in this era, as he use to struggle against teams like West Virginia that had big time offenses. Almost every team in the nation uses a high octane offense that put up points. This is why it’s essential for Edsall to allow his coordinators to coordinate. You mentioned lack of improvement, however, I thought Edsall was good at developing players? If that’s Edsalls forte then why are we blaming coordinators?
Direct player development/improvement is done by Coordinators and positional coaches...HC is a program manager (micro-manager or not). The HC may dictate how he wants things done or what he needs worked on but he is one person...cant be with 4-5 different positions on one side of the ball at practice at one time.

Reaction Score
If I read you right, you are saying firing Crockett will solve a problem if we can replace him with someone who recruits South Jersey better? Sure, if a better Jersey-recruiting DC can be found. But the new guy will still be trying to sell Edsall.
Nope...what I'm saying is Edsall says we need better players.....It's been mentioned on this board..heck even in this thread that we need better players for this Defense to get better...Crocker is about as good a recruiter as he is a DC it seems...so if he cant get the job done on the recruiting trail and his defense is giving up 50+ points per game why keep him around. I know of his lack of recruiting in the part of South Jersey I mentioned for a fact...not sure about his other areas. I may seem to be pretty stubborn o this point..but when you write a check for season tickets and sit through this nonsense week after week...then listen to the BS that comes out of Crocker's mouth each week to the press...it's easy to get pissed off.

Reaction Score
For years, the consensus was that we were recruiting kids who were not fast enough or strong enough or D1 talent. Just about everyone agreed. Now we are commiserating the loss of the very same players. Not ONE of them will play a meaningful role on a P5 team. Enough of the drama queen act. It’s going to be tough sledding for 2 years, period. This is a complete rebuild. No short cuts. No grumpy old men, no sleeveless winter gear, no cranberry pants. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
Ahhh but it will....Crocker has South Jersey and PA as his recruiting territory...name the last kid we brought in from South Jersey since Edsall has been here. He was very successful down there in the past...Scott Lakatos cleaned up down there to tell you the truth. Never mind the fact he should have a direct line to schools like St John Vianny and Red Bank Catholic from his days at Villanova..like BC does using the Catholic School connection. He was a ghost there back then too. He may be a nice guy...time to end this experiment...there will be more members on the football forum here than I will count as fellow season ticket holders next season.

Considering RBC hasn’t had any kids in the past 2 recruiting classes or this upcoming one I’d say it’s a good thing he doesn’t have a direct line. We all know you love RBC but those kids are terrible

Reaction Score

I believe he's saying we had one good playermaker, our QB. he could make things happen. Nobody else could, really. Mensah sometimes but doesn't have breakaway speed so.

Hard to compete when you have one playmaker.

Reaction Score
Unless you are going to the NFL, the only thing that matters is your education. Generally going to grad school at the same place you went undergrad isn't something employers like to see. So I think he is being smart and I wouldn't read anything into it. My son loves his school/coach - and he is still trying to finish in 3 years so he can leverage his 4th year of eligibility into a grad year at a different school. Makes him more attractive as an applicant if a coach wants him.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Surprised to see what should ve a short lived news thread still around.

5th year seniors are not a normal thing for college students. FB's stay mostly for FB reasons and to get a jump on grad school if that is their plan.

Once they've graduated the non-NFL guys have to decide whether to come back and play or get on with their lives. Looking at another low win season ahead. getting on looks very attractive. Not all these decisions have to do with RE.

Aside from being short on developed bodies, no one on the roster is absolutely neccessary. This roster just isn't good.

Reaction Score
Considering RBC hasn’t had any kids in the past 2 recruiting classes or this upcoming one I’d say it’s a good thing he doesn’t have a direct line. We all know you love RBC but those kids are terrible
RBC kids are terrible? They have one kid who is among the tops TE’s in the country and is going to ND...the QB has a full ride to BC ... neither one of them was offered by Crocker...but yeah don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Right. Young man can't just be sick of losing and wanting to finish his career playing somewhere where they win football games.

Of even fill the stands and love college football? It's not that hard to understand.

C

Chief00

Yup. At some point, somebody has to be held to some semblance of accountability if there is any hope of improving. In the real world of accountability and consequence, there are jobs where you can absolutely fail and keep your job. What’s worse is Crocker’s attitude. It shows a lack of any personal accountability.

Chief absolutely agrees - Billy Crocker comes off that he and Randy know best and any criticism is not worth even considering. Of course, his record (and it’s historic in nature) is all the criticism that is needed to make a change.
Off the field there is zero honesty regarding how they screwed up in both year 1 and 2 recruiting by not going the JUCO or grad transfer routes enough. Pindell was a notable exception. Now they are playing catch up on that.

C

Chief00

Nope...what I'm saying is Edsall says we need better players.....It's been mentioned on this board..heck even in this thread that we need better players for this Defense to get better...Crocker is about as good a recruiter as he is a DC it seems...so if he cant get the job done on the recruiting trail and his defense is giving up 50+ points per game why keep him around. I know of his lack of recruiting in the part of South Jersey I mentioned for a fact...not sure about his other areas. I may seem to be pretty stubborn o this point..but when you write a check for season tickets and sit through this nonsense week after week...then listen to the BS that comes out of Crocker's mouth each week to the press...it's easy to get pissed off.

Agree, he brought in 6 to 7 DB’s for his 3-3-5 defense and none of them were Day 1 ready. That tells you what you need to know about his recruiting and planning.

Reaction Score
RBC kids are terrible? They have one kid who is among the tops TE’s in the country and is going to ND...the QB has a full ride to BC ... neither one of them was offered by Crocker...but yeah don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Re-read what I wrote. I wasn’t talking 2020. And yeah Uconn is missing out on the 41st ranked kid in NJ. Good for them

Reaction Score
So a Coach's recruiting class success (any Coach - not Crocker) should be judged on whether all the signed recruits are "Day 1 ready"?

Come on don’t you know those 2 and 3 star players should be day 1 ready lol

Reaction Score
Re-read what I wrote. I wasn’t talking 2020. And yeah Uconn is missing out on the 41st ranked kid in NJ. Good for them
They haven’t been relevant in that part of NJ since Scott Lakatos left for UGA. And RBC is just one of the schools down there they don’t recruit...they aren’t in SJV, they don’t show up in Long Branch...heck they hardly even have a presence in North NJ.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The staff seems to be focused on Texas and it seems to be yielding results. Perhaps its the Byron Jones affect in Dallas that is giving us a seat at the table with decent recruits.

As for NJ - no idea why Crocker is not working it harder down there. It does seem like there are fewer players than in past years in those Jersey towns.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The staff seems to be focused on Texas and it seems to be yielding results. Perhaps its the Byron Jones affect in Dallas that is giving us a seat at the table with decent recruits.

As for NJ - no idea why Crocker is not working it harder down there. It does seem like there are fewer players than in past years in those Jersey towns.

Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts are three states that I use as indicators of our overall health. When we are scoring victories on the trail in those three states, we are usually in pretty good shape...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom