Tyler Davis Transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Davis Transferring

Reaction Score
It's this plus the fact that you are sending a terrible message to the fan base, and team. You are basically saying that you're fine with being the worst defense in FBS history in almost every major category. You're saying that embarrassment for this program is ok. You're saying that you just don't give a crap about the product on the field.

Whether or not Crocker has any control, the reality is, someone's head has to roll. When it comes to your units ineptitude, it's going to be you. The defense was beyond horrific. The Defensive coordinator must be held responsible and removed.

Look at other schools who are mediocre but not terrible. They fire their OC or DC if they have a few .500 seasons. Here we are looking at losing 19 straight games vs FBS opponents and we're saying it's ok to keep our DC??? Come on....
I think this is pretty much where I stand... I’d say I tried to defend Crocker on this board longer than most, but it got to the point where there was zero improvement from game 1 to the Tulsa game. That’s when I had a change of heart. It just isn’t working the way things are now.

I don’t think Crocker is the reason the defense was bad. But I do think there should’ve been some improvement over the course of the year and it just wasn’t there. Somebody needs to be held accountable for the worst defense in CFB history.

Reaction Score
It's this plus the fact that you are sending a terrible message to the fan base, and team. You are basically saying that you're fine with being the worst defense in FBS history in almost every major category. You're saying that embarrassment for this program is ok. You're saying that you just don't give a crap about the product on the field.

Whether or not Crocker has any control, the reality is, someone's head has to roll. When it comes to your units ineptitude, it's going to be you. The defense was beyond horrific. The Defensive coordinator must be held responsible and removed.

Look at other schools who are mediocre but not terrible. They fire their OC or DC if they have a few .500 seasons. Here we are looking at losing 19 straight games vs FBS opponents and we're saying it's ok to keep our DC??? Come on....
Thanks for getting across what I was trying to say while not destroying the keyboard of my laptop.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^ 100% correct! The only way this thing will work, is if Edsall allows his coordinators to do their job. Edsall is definitely a micromanager. He’s putting too much on his plate. He needs to focus on player development more than taking over everyone’s responsibility. I’ll give him one more year and if we get the same results he needs to get fired. Hopefully UConn will start taking football more seriously and put more money into the big boy sport.
If you want to see UConn "start taking football more seriously and put more money into the big boy sport" then the rest of your post makes no sense what so ever! Because if they did..then your buddy DC Billy Crocker would have been fired after the first 4-5 games for the beyond putrid performance of his D. UConn is the ONLY school where this kind of performance doesn't get you fired...roster make-up or not. But hey don't let the truth get in the way of a feel good story!

Reaction Score
I really think Crocker will be back. It is what it is.
If that A hole is here next year, I will have to really think hard about renewing season tickets, which is an act of love rather than intelligence at this point.

Reaction Score
I think this is pretty much where I stand... I’d say I tried to defend Crocker on this board longer than most, but it got to the point where there was zero improvement from game 1 to the Tulsa game. That’s when I had a change of heart. It just isn’t working the way things are now.

I don’t think Crocker is the reason the defense was bad. But I do think there should’ve been some improvement over the course of the year and it just wasn’t there. Somebody needs to be held accountable for the worst defense in CFB history.
How about the HC being held accountable...I am always amazed by how Edsallites want Crocker fired for how bad the defense was and how there was no improvement, but never point the blame on the HC who is clearly calling the shots on defense, and is supposed to be a defense oreiented HC.

Reaction Score
If you want to see UConn "start taking football more seriously and put more money into the big boy sport" then the rest of your post makes no sense what so ever! Because if they did..then your buddy DC Billy Crocker would have been fired after the first 4-5 games for the beyond putrid performance of his D. UConn is the ONLY school where this kind of performance doesn't get you fired...roster make-up or not. But hey don't let the truth get in the way of a feel good story!

But if Edsall has control of the defense then your post makes no sense. If Edsall is involved heavily with the defense then we can’t blame Crocker.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How about the HC being held accountable...I am always amazed by how Edsallites want Crocker fired for how bad the defense was and how there was no improvement, but never point the blame on the HC who is clearly calling the shots on defense, and is supposed to be a defense oreiented HC.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Where are there “Edsallites” saying RE isnt accountable? Maybe UConnbill....but there arent many.

To me...pretty much the whole board is in or near the same place. Everyone is shocked how bad the defense has been. And everyone questions Edsalls management of players he didn't recruit. We all can't believe there was no improvement on defense throughout the year. For these two things (player management and lack of improvement) it isn't unreasonable to say Edsall is accountable and these are potentially reasons to be fired.

Reality is....he has a history here of being able to build a program. That buys him time. Second...what are our options? Hire a Diaco like coordinator and hope he can turn it around? Find millions of dollars (from where?) to lure an experienced coach to take on this mess? Not better options than letting a coach who has been somewhat successful here finish the play.

Not a great place to be in....but that's where we are.

Reaction Score
Great kid and I wish him well but come on. Nobody on a 1-11 team is irreplaceable.

Reaction Score
But if Edsall has control of the defense then your post makes no sense. If Edsall is involved heavily with the defense then we can’t blame Crocker.
At the end of the day he's the DC and he gets the blame....you get another guy in here and things stay the same then so be it. Giving up 50+ its per game gets you terminated in-season never mind at the end of the year anywhere else in the country...you must be a Pro-Crocker supporter.

Reaction Score
Thanks for getting across what I was trying to say while not destroying the keyboard of my laptop.
I also think these kids need a new voice. Perhaps someone that can break tape down with them and show them the number of loafing plays throughout the year and instill how and why that is unacceptable. The messaging just wasn't getting through and hasn't for two years now.

Reaction Score
I also think these kids need a new voice. Perhaps someone that can break tape down with them and show them the number of loafing plays throughout the year and instill how and why that is unacceptable. The messaging just wasn't getting through and hasn't for two years now.
Agree 100%!!!

Reaction Score
If that A hole is here next year, I will have to really think hard about renewing season tickets, which is an act of love rather than intelligence at this point.
I can see Season Ticket sales being in the 3000 range if there are no defensive staff changes. That to me is basically signaling that giving up 50+ points per game is acceptable and that nobody is being held accountable. At that point it's pretty much a given last one out shut the door because the lights will already be out.

Reaction Score
I can see Season Ticket sales being in the 3000 range if there are no defensive staff changes. That to me is basically signaling that giving up 50+ points per game is acceptable and that nobody is being held accountable. At that point it's pretty much a given last one out shut the door because the lights will already be out.
No decent DC will want to join Edsall next year even if Crocker is fired. Candidates can easily read the writing on the wall. UConn was 1-11 this season and loses its best players Pindell, Mayala, Bus, and Davis. Our offense will be significantly worse while our defense even with improvement will still be terrible. UConn may not win any FBS games next year, which would likely lead to a Edsall being fired and the new DC being gone as well. Edsall is stuck with crocker.

Reaction Score
No decent DC will want to join Edsall next year even if Crocker is fired. Candidates can easily read the writing on the wall. UConn was 1-11 this season and loses its best players Pindell, Mayala, Bus, and Davis. Our offense will be significantly worse while our defense even with improvement will still be terrible. UConn may not win any FBS games next year, which would likely lead to a Edsall being fired and the new DC being gone as well. Edsall is stuck with crocker.
So I take it you aren’t sending in your renewal for season tickets?
And for the record..no coach is ever “stuck” with someone on their staff. Coaches are like gypsy’s...they are used to this. You perform or you’re out!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I take it you aren’t sending in your renewal for season tickets?
And for the record..no coach is ever “stuck” with someone on their staff. Coaches are like gypsy’s...they are used to this. You perform or you’re out!
Yup. At some point, somebody has to be held to some semblance of accountability if there is any hope of improving. In the real world of accountability and consequence, there are jobs where you can absolutely fail and keep your job. What’s worse is Crocker’s attitude. It shows a lack of any personal accountability.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It strains belief what is happening right now.

We tried to justify the Tarbutt or Murphy decisions due to their level of play or success. I wasn't sure that I bought that. Now this. Clearly, this isn't because of lack of skill.

Do we have a reporter left in the state of Connecticut that is willing to ask some tough questions of either Edsall or Benedict? This is quickly turning into a full blown dumpster fire. With so few players, they'll need to activate me soon, and I don't move the way I did in the 90s...

You mean before HCRE walks out of the room. I think he is a little thinned skinned at times.

No matter how we look at it this is the way it will be for the next two years and will only change after next season if there is no improvement at all. Otherwise he is getting a fourth year

Reaction Score
You mean before HCRE walks out of the room. I think he is a little thinned skinned at times.

No matter how we look at it this is the way it will be for the next two years and will only change after next season if there is no improvement at all. Otherwise he is getting a fourth year

:(
Head bang
Head bang
Head bang

Reaction Score
At the end of the day he's the DC and he gets the blame....you get another guy in here and things stay the same then so be it. Giving up 50+ its per game gets you terminated in-season never mind at the end of the year anywhere else in the country...you must be a Pro-Crocker supporter.

Huh? Where do you get I’m a pro-Crocker supporter? Lol smh you’re a weird guy/woman. I’m going based off of some of the posters here (huskymedic) is one of them, who has stated Edsall controls a lot of what the offensive/defensive calls are going to be. Which means Edsall should take blame for a lot of the mess if true. THAT, does not imply I’m a Crocker supporter.

Reaction Score
Fire Crockett or don't fire Crockett, I don't care. But firing him doesn't solve any problems.

#FDNY99 Listen up. And this doesn’t make him a Crocker supporter.

Reaction Score
Huh? Where do you get I’m a pro-Crocker supporter? Lol smh you’re a weird guy/woman. I’m going based off of some of the posters here (huskymedic) is one of them, who has stated Edsall controls a lot of what the offensive/defensive calls are going to be. Which means Edsall should take blame for a lot of the mess if true. THAT, does not imply I’m a Crocker supporter.
I am weird...I have been told that no normal sane person enjoys crawling around a building with fire rolling over their head....I find it beyond fun..my happy place! RE has always been like that...it's he way that he is. He just hasn't employed a DC here that gave up 50+ its per game and whose defense showed ZERO improvement from game 1 to game 12!

but hey he says we will see it next season:

Reaction Score
Fire Crockett or don't fire Crockett, I don't care. But firing him doesn't solve any problems.
Ahhh but it will....Crocker has South Jersey and PA as his recruiting territory...name the last kid we brought in from South Jersey since Edsall has been here. He was very successful down there in the past...Scott Lakatos cleaned up down there to tell you the truth. Never mind the fact he should have a direct line to schools like St John Vianny and Red Bank Catholic from his days at Villanova..like BC does using the Catholic School connection. He was a ghost there back then too. He may be a nice guy...time to end this experiment...there will be more members on the football forum here than I will count as fellow season ticket holders next season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ahhh but it will.....

If I read you right, you are saying firing Crockett will solve a problem if we can replace him with someone who recruits South Jersey better? Sure, if a better Jersey-recruiting DC can be found. But the new guy will still be trying to sell Edsall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom