Tyler Davis Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Davis Transferring

Reaction Score
Wow. With McClean graduating, Davis was by default the starting TE. If he doesn't end up on a better team, then he must not have any faith in Randy's program.

Reaction Score
Not everyone has to be pushed out like you're hell bent on thinking. I'm not thrilled with how things are going with RE, but I'm not about to make assumptions on something you or I have no clue about.

As I said before, I wish Tyler all the best. He deserves to taste what a winning situation is like. Hopefully he lands in a spot that will be successful.
I agree with what you are saying but that season ending press conference was brutal. I remember Dan Hawkins at Colorado having a similar rant. That didn't end well.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This will probably start the flood of transfers

Not many kids left on the roster than can transfer and play immediately like a grad transfer. Tyler Davis is one of the few left with that option. You have to graduate in order to play immediately upon transferring, otherwise as an undergrad you have to sit for a year. Sitting a year is not such a slam dunk. Not many kids can leave this roster and expect to play FBS.

Randy needs the benefit of the doubt that he can pull off a major roster make over this winter. He kind of blew it last year w/o working harder for JUCOs, lets see if he can get done this time.

Reaction Score
The interesting thing is that he didn't single out a specific coach to thank. Unlike Murphy, who thanked Diaco, Davis just said coaches. Makes me think this isn't a RE issue as it is the fact that he just wants to be on a competitive team for the first time in his career.

I wish him the best.

You are not thinking clearly.

Reaction Score
Come on, of course it's a HCRE2.0 issue. If you don't buy into the cult why stick around. Kid decided, like HCRE2.0, that negative influences needed to be eliminated; so he eliminated having to deal with the negative influence of HCRE2.0.

Right. Young man can't just be sick of losing and wanting to finish his career playing somewhere where they win football games.

Reaction Score
Moving on...

I wonder if Jordan McAfee would consider transitioning to TE. He certainly has the build at 6' 4" 220 with broad shoulders and showed some mobility as a high school QB. TJ Gardner would be another candidate, he was a fantastic HS TE. (depends on how the coaches view his defensive potential)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Moving on... I wonder if Jordan McAfee would consider transitioning to TE. He certainly has the build at 6' 4" 220 with broad shoulders and showed some mobility as a high school QB.
Hmmm, the same Jordan McAfee who is currently 1 of only 3 QBs on the 2019 roster?

All the best to Tyler Davis.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Tarbutt, now Davis? Randy is friggin Captain Queeg.

Reaction Score
The obsession with firing Crocker, who clearly isn’t being allowed to run his preferred D is concerning. “We can’t fire Edsall, so let’s fire Crocker and replace him with another guy who will do whatever Randy says.” Listen to the the coach, look at recruiting, look at his excuses. We are playing freshmen while slower but far stronger, bigger, more experienced guys sit. That’s Randy’s choice. It’s all Randy. You could hire Bill Parcells as DC and you’d still be seeing the same garbage.

This isn’t a Crocker problem. Firing Crocker is kind of barbaric. We want to see heads roll so let’s just fire Crocker. Crocker might be an issue but he isn’t THE issue. We have no way of knowing.

Let’s give it one more season and then, if need be, clean house. Scapegoating a guy that has far more recent success in college football than Randy is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Right. Young man can't just be sick of losing and wanting to finish his career playing somewhere where they win football games.

To quote someone who constantly asks "how do you know". How do you know he is sick of losing and not sick of HCRE2.0? If you buy in, you buy into the process of being part of the turnaround. What part of HCRE2.0 montra don't you understand? To sort of quote HCRE2.0: "You improve the culture by who you bring in and WHO YOU KEEP". Kid decided "Keep my **", I'm out of here.

By the way, I thought it wasn't important if UConn wins games as long as the process continues, you saying this kid is a selfish, non team guy like Summers and wants to actually win; unlike HCRE2.0.

Reaction Score
The obsession with firing Crocker, who clearly isn’t being allowed to run his preferred D is concerning. “We can’t fire Edsall, so let’s fire Crocker and replace him with another guy who will do whatever Randy says.” Listen to the the coach, look at recruiting, look at his excuses. We are playing freshmen while slower but far stronger, bigger, more experienced guys sit. That’s Randy’s choice. It’s all Randy. You could hire Bill Parcells as DC and you’d still be seeing the same garbage.

This isn’t a Crocker problem. Firing Crocker is kind of barbaric. We want to see heads roll so let’s just fire Crocker. Crocker might be an issue but he isn’t THE issue. We have no way of knowing.

Let’s give it one more season and then, if need be, clean house. Scapegoating a guy that has far more recent success in college football than Randy is ridiculous.

Are you making the case to fire HCRE2.0 just like the guys at HCREDreamJob1.0 previous head coaching job did? If so I'm in.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Except they aren't gonna let Crocker run his defense so this isn't in anyone's best interest to carry on.

Reaction Score
Edsall screwed these kids. Compare that to what Hurley said.

“I owe it to these guys to coach them like we’re a team with a chance this year. So that’s how I’m going to coach them,”

Nope. Edsall said they are too weak and too slow and too stupid to learn the defense, so he needs to recruit better players.

No wonder the kids are running away as fast as their weak little legs will carry them.

Reaction Score

“I owe it to these guys to coach them like we’re a team with a chance this year. So that’s how I’m going to coach them,”

Nope. Edsall said they are too weak and too slow and too stupid to learn the defense, so he needs to recruit better players.

No wonder the kids are running away as fast as their weak little legs will carry them.
But how about their little hands?

Reaction Score

You can't be serious with this post! Better yet...there is no way you are a season ticket holder! "Kind of barbaric"...like it or not that moron ran a D that gave up 50+points per game...50+ points! I don't care what he can or can't run...if he isn't a good enough coach to run anything but his BS gimmick 3-3-5 then he should have left after his first season here. Better yet...he needs his own players to run his D...he sure is knocking it dead on the recruiting trail bringing kids that can play the scheme you are touting in your post. It's not working...and it won't work next season.

Reaction Score

You are correct the way the kids see treated by Hurley was what you want to see as a lease of young athletes.

What everyone has seen from Edsall has been REprehensible.

Reaction Score

^^^^^^^ 100% correct! The only way this thing will work, is if Edsall allows his coordinators to do their job. Edsall is definitely a micromanager. He’s putting too much on his plate. He needs to focus on player development more than taking over everyone’s responsibility. I’ll give him one more year and if we get the same results he needs to get fired. Hopefully UConn will start taking football more seriously and put more money into the big boy sport.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It strains belief what is happening right now.

We tried to justify the Tarbutt or Murphy decisions due to their level of play or success. I wasn't sure that I bought that. Now this. Clearly, this isn't because of lack of skill.

Do we have a reporter left in the state of Connecticut that is willing to ask some tough questions of either Edsall or Benedict? This is quickly turning into a full blown dumpster fire. With so few players, they'll need to activate me soon, and I don't move the way I did in the 90s...

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Wow. With McClean graduating, Davis was by default the starting TE. If he doesn't end up on a better team, then he must not have any faith in Randy's program.

Exactly, and realistically if you try to move up too much in team quality then you may have uncertain or less playing time. SMU may be a player on this one?

C

Chief00

^^^^^^^ 100% correct! The only way this thing will work, is if Edsall allows his coordinators to do their job. Edsall is definitely a micromanager. He’s putting too much on his plate. He needs to focus on player development more than taking over everyone’s responsibility. I’ll give him one more year and if we get the same results he needs to get fired. Hopefully UConn will start taking football more seriously and put more money into the big boy sport.

He effectively got rid of his two best coaches and now has a bunch of coaches he controls.

Last edited by a moderator:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
You can't be serious with this post! Better yet...there is no way you are a season ticket holder! "Kind of barbaric"...like it or not that moron ran a D that gave up 50+points per game...50+ points! I don't care what he can or can't run...if he isn't a good enough coach to run anything but his BS gimmick 3-3-5 then he should have left after his first season here. Better yet...he needs his own players to run his D...he sure is knocking it dead on the recruiting trail bringing kids that can play the scheme you are touting in your post. It's not working...and it won't work next season.
It's this plus the fact that you are sending a terrible message to the fan base, and team. You are basically saying that you're fine with being the worst defense in FBS history in almost every major category. You're saying that embarrassment for this program is ok. You're saying that you just don't give a crap about the product on the field.

Whether or not Crocker has any control, the reality is, someone's head has to roll. When it comes to your units ineptitude, it's going to be you. The defense was beyond horrific. The Defensive coordinator must be held responsible and removed.

Look at other schools who are mediocre but not terrible. They fire their OC or DC if they have a few .500 seasons. Here we are looking at losing 19 straight games vs FBS opponents and we're saying it's ok to keep our DC??? Come on....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom