Tyler Betsey to announce today! (Commits to Cincinnati) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Betsey to announce today! (Commits to Cincinnati)

Reaction Score
1696620071435.jpeg

Reaction Score
Seems like a really well grounded kid. Lot of respect for how emotional he was and all the people he thanked, especially his mom. Best of luck to him, hope he does well

Reaction Score
Not a strange decision to not go to UConn. Everyone has their wish list. I just find it odd for a northeast kid to choose Cincinnati. 86% are from Ohio and 78% of undergrads live off campus. Definitely 5th fiddle to Ohio State (there is no 2nd, 3rd or 4th). Cincinnati is a much better school than a Louisville (mostly at a graduate school level), but it would never be my choice over the other schools that were recruiting him. But all the power to him. UConn hasn't seemed like an option for a while.

Reaction Score
There was never an expectation he would stay home. He's proud of his hometown high school and wants to announce there. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I know a teacher at the school who says everyone is thrilled about it.
I'm pretty sure those kids are thrilled as they should be nut take that somewhere else.

Reaction Score
If his goal is to play in the NBA someday being the feature option on Cinci in the big 12 is probably just as good an option as coming to UConn and battling with a host of top 100 recruits for minutes. Obviously I wish he would come here but I dont think this is a crazy idea by him
Does Cincinnati have anyone in the NBA? Not saying it can't happen but Cincinnati isn't a place that produces a lot of NBA players. Wes Miller hasn't been there long and I guess it's possible he can bring it back to the Huggins days with Kenyon Martin, Van Exel, and Fortson but I don't think he's sent anyone to the NBA.

Reaction Score
This could work out nicely. We get Edgecombe and once he jets off to the NBA after a year or two Betsey can transfer back home

Reaction Score
Not a strange decision to not go to UConn. Everyone has their wish list. I just find it odd for a northeast kid to choose Cincinnati. 86% are from Ohio and 78% of undergrads live off campus. Definitely 5th fiddle to Ohio State (there is no 2nd, 3rd or 4th). Cincinnati is a much better school than a Louisville (mostly at a graduate school level), but it would never be my choice over the other schools that were recruiting him. But all the power to him. UConn hasn't seemed like an option for a while.
That's assuming it was even his choice anymore. UConn was hot on him, but it had been a while and a lot of new recruiting targets popped up since. I've been saying for a while the longer he waited the fewer options he'd have. As I posted earlier, a Betsey signing would mean no chance at Flagg, so this is a good thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom