2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn’t mean to open a can of worms in which insults would fly. Just a question for those who follow recruiting closer than me. There are posters here whose opinion I respect and a couple have responded. Thanks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If our staff really put themselves 100% in the Flagg basket, they should be fired. Good thing they aren't stupid... and clearly didn't.
Of course they didn't. But I get the feeling Betsey would have already committed if Flagg wasn't in the picture. The balancing act is why DH gets the big bucks. He hasn't committed elsewhere yet.

Reaction Score
I think the ship will have sailed before Betsey gets around to committing. Just my opinion looking at the landscape.

Reaction Score
Betsey has no great desire to come to UConn. The staff is doing their due diligence by reaching out to/recruiting a local guy. The only time there was really talk of UConn interest on his part was when there was whispers of Preston joining the staff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Betsey has no great desire to come to UConn. The staff is doing their due diligence by reaching out to/recruiting a local guy. The only time there was really talk of UConn interest on his part was when there was whispers of Preston joining the staff.
Betsey has stated in basically every interview that Tom Moore talks (or talked) to him every day. Anyone who thinks we back burnered this kid for Flagg after years of work is insane. Not every kid will make the choice we want, it is what it is.

Not shocking that Alabama is now in his speculative top two considering Preston is there now.

Reaction Score
And he/his mom really want Duke, but they don’t seem to want him like that. Recruiting is a cold, cold business.

Also, Preston mainly chose Alabama because they could offer him a real assistant job (despite what the title is), and UConn couldn’t.

Reaction Score
Of course they didn't. But I get the feeling Betsey would have already committed if Flagg wasn't in the picture. The balancing act is why DH gets the big bucks. He hasn't committed elsewhere yet.

This whole idea some people have that Betsey was at any point a lock is absolutely unsupported by any actual evidence. It's insane that it keeps getting repeated. Especially when the information that's actually out there points him away from UConn.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This whole idea some people have that Betsey was at any point a lock is absolutely unsupported by any actual evidence. It's insane that it keeps getting repeated. Especially when the information that's actually out there points him away from UConn.
My opinion might not matter much to most, but NJHusky backed up what I said about this recruitment from the get go.

The only reason people felt good is because of the CT connection, but it’s really not an advantage.

Reaction Score

You've been saying this for months. I don't understand why people don't get that. It really shouldn't be a surprise... he's always come across as ambivalent.

Reaction Score
According to SI Tyler cancelled trip to Duke this weekend.
1694717084886.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer