2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he predicted Abraham 8/10 to UConn and Nowell 9/10 to UConn before they committed.
Think those predictions were also much closer to their announcement dates…which for Betsey we don’t have a date yet. Could see that prediction confidence rising if a date comes out with more positive UConn pub…

Reaction Score
Think those predictions were also much closer to their announcement dates…which for Betsey we don’t have a date yet. Could see that prediction confidence rising if a date comes out with more positive UConn pub…
He did have the cojones to put out a Dylan Harper prediction so I’ll give the guy that. He doesn’t only go for low hanging fruit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We aren’t laughing with you, Providence fans. We’re laughing at you.
I'm not specifically saying that we are laughing at Providence fans, but it being them is as good a chance as it being anybody.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not specifically saying that we are laughing at Providence fans, but it being them is as good a chance as it being anybody.
Kinda lame poking fun at the Friars. 5>0 doesn’t offer the same impact as 5>1. At least if they had some Helms Trophies they might be worthy of some smack talk. Too bad the Fruit lost their luster and we have to settle talking smack with an American team as opposed to one from Canada.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kinda lame poking fun at the Friars. 5>0 doesn’t offer the same impact as 5>1. At least if they had some Helms Trophies they might be worthy of some smack talk. Too bad the Fruit lost their luster and we have to settle talking smack with an American team as opposed to one from Canada.
Me, poke fun at the Friars? You are mistaken, sir. They are like the little engine that, well not could, but at least has a chance as anyone.

Reaction Score

Who is poking fun? They have as much a chance as anyone, just ask them.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
1691776555090.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that is part of the joke.

Decades ago I read a write up on a Simpson's episode where one of the characters stepped on a rake and it hit him in the face twenty some odd times in a row.

The author of the write up said something along the line of "the first time was not really funny as it was an old joke. The second and third time had me thinking 'this is stupid' but as they continued it got funnier and funnier. By the time the approached twenty it was comedy gold and by the time they were done I was in hysterics".

The "Providence has as good a chance as anyone" line has reached the point where it is basically a mandatory response. The humor initially was in the line itself but now there is additional humor in its excess.

Reaction Score
I believe that is part of the joke.

Decades ago I read a write up on a Simpson's episode where one of the characters stepped on a rake and it hit him in the face twenty some odd times in a row.

The author of the write up said something along the line of "the first time was not really funny as it was an old joke. The second and third time had me thinking 'this is stupid' but as they continued it got funnier and funnier. By the time the approached twenty it was comedy gold and by the time they were done I was in hysterics".

The "Providence has as good a chance as anyone" line has reached the point where it is basically a mandatory response. The humor initially was in the line itself but now there is additional humor in its excess.
Fun story about that bit, it was literally only in there because the episode was too short and one of the writers suggested “more rakes”.

Reaction Score
He has Flory Bidunga to Auburn. If that happens tomorrow, I’ll be sold. If it doesn’t, I’ll assume these predictions are mostly guesses—since conventional wisdom is he’s likely headed to Duke with Kansas as the runner up.

I don’t know what this person knows or doesn’t know, but public predictions flipped to Auburn over the last 24 hours.

He also did the Texas and WVU predictions for Cam Scott and Akok after their destinations seem to have become common knowledge.

To be fair, I kind of hate these types of recruiting accounts (including Slater and the other more well known ones). Let guys have their moments and stop swinging it around in some imagined contest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr