2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was all over Betsey, but given how our roster has developed, offers we have out there, and how long he's going to wait to sign, I won't be crushed if he goes elsewhere. I'd hate to see him go to Duke, but I wouldn't hate on any of the other schools. I'm still not sold on Bama as a basketball school though.

Reaction Score
I know recruiting is fluid, but 'til recently on here Betsey was a heavy UConn lean. Isaiah Abraham signed, maybe that changed things, but some thought there was room for both as they play somewhat different games. We'll see how it shakes out, Cooper Flagg being in the mix here too maybe.
I don't think lean is the right word.

It's been mentioned a few times by insiders that he and his family have not been completely sold despite tireless work by the staff.

However, some people still think he'll end up at UConn because Hurley/Moore tend to get their guys and our recruiting and on court performance has been even better lately (and Duke hasn't seemed to prioritize him). But there's been no indication that his preference is UConn.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Just to say it
Cane wasn’t UConn material to begin with
Nope. Played him a few times and he was not a high D1 player. He had a big benefit of the greenest light possible in HS.

Was surprised to see him end up at Cincy but happy for him at the same time.

I’ve been saying for awhile now that I’d be surprised if Betsey ended up here too. Some guys really like the idea of leaving CT. May just end up with Flagg anyways!

Reaction Score
Would be very surprised if he isn’t a Husky!
Nothing beats home cooking and having family close by! DC is the perfect example of someone who has benefitted!

Reaction Score
No hard feelings if he doesn’t want to stay home, but Cincinnati is a….choice.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
The mutual interest between UConn and VJ Edgecombe takes away any sting of Tyler Betsey wanting to go elsewhere.
This could be something. Could be nothing. Who knows?

Recruitment: Edgcombe has narrowed his list to include ten programs. Of that group, however, Duke, Miami, Alabama, St. John's and Michigan seem to be the most serious players. The NBA’s G League is also under consideration.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Where did you see that he was a heavy UConn lean?
I don't think lean is the right word.

It's been mentioned a few times by insiders that he and his family have not been completely sold despite tireless work by the staff.

However, some people still think he'll end up at UConn because Hurley/Moore tend to get their guys and our recruiting and on court performance has been even better lately (and Duke hasn't seemed to prioritize him). But there's been no indication that his preference is UConn.
And @7774 , I must be mistaken, but seemed to me, in another Betsey thread, there was a picture or something, and the words, why wait, just sign, you know you're coming here, or something to that effect. That's what made me think it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This could be something. Could be nothing. Who knows?

Recruitment: Edgcombe has narrowed his list to include ten programs. Of that group, however, Duke, Miami, Alabama, St. John's and Michigan seem to be the most serious players. The NBA’s G League is also under consideration.

We’re a newer offer, gotta see if we continue making contact.

Reaction Score
I know Richard personally. He is very wired into the RU athletic department.
Don't do this to me lol

Happy Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

Reaction Score
Based off his X handle, I know he's legit.
I was skeptical at first but if you look this isn't some burner account, rather someone who just isn't as technologically inclined that seems to have a decent RU following.

My educated guess is he grabbed this from some Rutgers board behind a paywall but it's pure speculation on my part. Only reason I posted is there could be something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom