Twitter and Big East Films | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

Reaction Score
Was planning to wait about 4 videos in so I could binge about 2 episodes at time but when I heard the latest news last I had to watch it last night, knowing it was only a matter of time it would be off YouTube.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stealing stuff and cheating on your wife.

What are the 2 douchiest things you can do in your life, Alex?

Him getting on a high horse is always fun. What a moron.
Stealing stuff? I missed that part.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Or not.
I think it is. Dauster and Goodman saw the documentary as a threat, because their livelihood is based off insider connections. Fanta used in this documentary hurts Field of 68’s ability to establish future connections.

Did Goodman need to DM the kid? No.

Do I think the kid and Twitter world is overreacting because he claims he’s being bullied? Yes you’re all children. Grow up. Even the guys on Field of 68.

And I laugh at all these free speech blow hards on Twitter, claiming it’s the video producers right to post the video. Don’t cancel it. Then attack Goodman and try to cancel him. It really has come full circle with the world of idiots we interact with.

Field of 68’s legal team is probably instructing them to keep their mouths shut if any legal action arises from this. That’s why you haven’t seen an explanation. Not because they’re clueless or hiding it all.

Reaction Score
I think it is. Dauster and Goodman saw the documentary as a threat, because their livelihood is based off insider connections. Fanta used in this documentary hurts Field of 68’s ability to establish future connections.

Do I think the kid and Twitter world is overreacting because he claims he’s being bullied? Yes you’re all children. Grow up. Even the guys on Field of 68.

And I laugh at all these free speech blow hards on Twitter, claiming it’s the video producers right to post the video. Don’t cancel it. Then attack Goodman and try to cancel him. It really has come full circle with the world of idiots we interact with.

Field of 68’s legal team is probably instructing them to keep their mouths shut if any legal action arises from this. That’s why you haven’t seen an explanation. Not because they’re clueless or hiding it all.
It would be odd for Goodman, whose whole schtick is being an antagonistic blow-hard, to go down for being an antagonistic blow-hard. I think most people in this scenario just find it funny how insanely stupid he comes across in all of this.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It would be odd for Goodman, whose whole schtick is being an antagonistic blow-hard, to go down for being an antagonistic blow-hard. I think most people in this scenario just find it funny how insanely stupid he comes across in all of this.
He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer. But he’s a knife that gets used a bunch, so on the media-scheme of things he has some value.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I love the take that has everyone as being wrong or a child and you standing there in the center as the virtuous survivor.

Reaction Score
On the other hand, Daubster is reason enough to watch. Here's an unabashed Husky fan with good access to the team.
Meh….i appreciate his Husky fandom, but he’s disappointing here. Fanta is their best. I get better reactions and breakdowns from the ‘yard.

Reaction Score

Ha, legal action. I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Lol, the lack of self-awareness in that segment by Gottlieb is stunning.
I want to listen to this but I can't. I despise Gottlieb. Him calling others d bags is rich.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So basically you can post anything on X or any type of social media outlet and it’s ok if you don’t make money on it. So this young man uses some creativity to express how much the drama of how Cooley left Providence it gets some significant attention. Especially from those (some of those are posters on this forum) who consume tons of MCBB content. I believe that is where Gottlieb was going. But Gottlieb did say that those fans in the NE help drive Mens colllege basketball because we are all obnoxious over the top rude jerks, who think we matter as fans. I have not spent a lot of time reviewing or paying attention to Goodman but for an insider who has to use social media to stay relevant not sure what he was thinking when he sent a DM and thought it would stay private. Anger and acting while angry very rarely leads to a positive outcome.

Reaction Score
If they relabel it without using the big east name could probably repost it. If it’s a ‘documentary’ there is a fair use argument for short pieces of copyrighted work.
This was going to be my question. Can't he just remove the Big East Film name, and re-release, and release the others ?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I saw that. Threatening a twitter poster is "defending" Fanta? John should get as far away from that jackass as possible

Yeah even if this Blue Demon Degen guy is lying about what happened Goodman crossed a line with his DMs. The whole "I'm gonna find out who you are" is particularly crappy.

Maybe the worst part about this whole thing is how everyone is glorifying Portnoy for amplifying the doc. Everyone wants to dump on Goodman, and I'm game for that, but Portnoy is 10 times worse.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It's back up

I guess they figured out the minor legal issue that was creating the issue. So now it even looks worse for Goodman. He should have at least had a basic idea of what the underlying legal issue was before starting to send DM’s. But I don’t think the DM’s are a threat it seems he was just trying to demean the content creator by saying you are so insignificant it’s going to take me time to research who you are since you are not famous like me. That was condescending bullying IMO

Reaction Score
Yeah even if this Blue Demon Degen guy is lying about what happened Goodman crossed a line with his DMs. The whole "I'm gonna find out who you are" is particularly crappy.

Maybe the worst part about this whole thing is how everyone is glorifying Portnoy for amplifying the doc. Everyone wants to dump on Goodman, and I'm game for that, but Portnoy is 10 times worse.
I really think this drama is what Goodman does to stay relevant. Now he's used "defending Fanta" as his reasoning, even though sending those DMs has blown up the documentary and presumably exacerbated any headaches for JF.

Fanta is a CBB jewel and doesn't deserve to be involved in this mess

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It was messed up the way he left but let’s be real here, a big part of why pc fans are so up in arms is because this shines light on their biggest insecurity. The suggestion that a gtown program in the worst state possible could actually be considered a better job than pc at its peak is too much for friar fans to face. For their own sanity, they have to believe it’s something else that is the main driver of this, and that may even be the case here, but let’s be real: Kim English with his resume would not have been able to get the gtown job. Providence fans will die on their hill to not have to admit or even think about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom