Twitter and Big East Films | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Georgetown-Providence might have already catapulted to #1 rivalry in the Big East
I'm curious if it stays that way. For this first game, you knew there was going to be blowback. Will it continue? Stay tuned!

CL82

Reaction Score
Very sad news, may he rest in peace.

How old is Fanta? I never would have considered the possibility that he his father would be younger than me.
Super sorry to hear this. Fanta is a great guy.

Reaction Score
Search Results: "Kid" by Leebo
Mind checking how many of those were discussions of legal topics like harassment or defamation, since everyone cares so much.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Why? The documentary was fine. And Fanta had 100% editorial authority.
Because the doc was biting the hand that feeds him. Fanta needs a relationship with the league and the coaches. Doesn't matter that the "documentary was fine", it's an outsider piece. Fanta's supposed to be an insider.

Reaction Score
I don't know who to attribute this quote to but it's been said "this is America, you can sue a ham sandwich, doesn't mean you're going to win"

Reaction Score
It's extremely strange that they're implying that Fanta thought he was working with the Big East? They don't actually say it, but they just say that the dude "misled those he interviewed by calling his company Big East Films." That reads like a line they put in to make it seem like their involvement was necessary. If John Fanta thought the one man production he was working with was affiliated with the Big East, a company he does actually do work with (he's a host for Big East Media Day for the Big East Digital Network among other things), I'd be gobsmacked.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't know who to attribute this quote to but it's been said "this is America, you can sue a ham sandwich, doesn't mean you're going to win"
Particularly if the ham sandwich has good counsel.

Reaction Score
Inset "worst person in the world makes a good point" meme

Goodman is unintentionally damaging Fanta's reputation with his gatekeeping nonsense. This is the stupid story that won't go away and Field of 68 keeps making it worse. Fanta did nothing wrong and neither did the guy who made the doc. This apology was more justification for his actions instead of an apology and he made sure to stick up for his buddy Cooley.

Fanta really should get away from these guys before they bring him down.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It basically read like Goodman was reading a script from field of 68s legal department
Do you think that Portnoy ran his tweet past his legal department too? Will this thread now have posters who wonder if Portnoy will get sued for defamation?
It's more commonly said that "you can indict a ham sandwich," which is criminal not civil law.

Reaction Score
So the side piece that led to Cooley's wife pressing him to move to DC was Goodman?
You win the interwebz
giphy (3).gif

Screenshot_20240129_231511_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing Fanta would have thought this was a legit BE conference production versus a fan made one like Goodman is insinuating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom