Twitter and Big East Films | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

Reaction Score
The dumbest thing about all of this is that Goodman, a man whose career is based on making antagonistic and contrarian statements in order to generate clicks, did not have the foresight to understand that a) his messages would go public, and b) this would all drive a ton of interest in what was otherwise a very niche video. The sheer stupidity is incredible.
LMFAO! I am laughing so hard about what Goodman is doing. Read Bazz2014's post (#150). He is only giving more publicity to Demon Degen's Divine Providence film. As if he didn't already with his Twitter posts. Jeff basically said "let me try to get even more people to watch it".

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If he's an adult, I don't see the reason to say "kid" just to make it sound like we should sympathize with him based on his age.
Yes & no.

Depending on how long you've followed UConn MBB, you've heard Jim Calhoun and Dan Hurley both regularly refer to their college age student athletes as "kids."

That doesn't change the fact that the maker of the film might be sufficiently of age to be the defendant in a civil lawsuit, and he could be found guilty by a jury under a preponderance of the evidence ("more likely true than not") standard of harming the plaintiff, and ordered to pay money damages for such harm.

For all of this, the plaintiff would have to file suit, allege behavior that satisfies a number of specific elements that constitute the culpable behavior, and do so under procedural rules that would expose all parties to evidentiary discovery, including testimony under oath.

It's quite possible that a plaintiff would not want to expose himself to depositions, production of expense records, and other information that might inconvenience or embarrass him or affect interests he might prefer to keep private. And a Publix c trial would likely be less appealing for most.

It might be preferable to negotiate settlement terms that would include confidentiality agreements. Such agreements could conceivable apply to muting the voices of people engaged in behaviors that have been hinted at or claimed via innuendo.

It may be enough to have the X account shut down and the documentary made unavailable for viewing whether voluntarily or not.

I don't invite anyone who finds this subject of interest to do even a cursory search of "elements of defamation" and "defenses against defamation claims."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One thing that bothers me is that you and some important decision makers at Providence apparently knew what was going on long before many of us were aware of any of the things you’ve been hinting about including he had sycophants doing his dirty work for him.

I’m not anti Providence. I only want your team to lose if it benefits UConn. But you come here with some sort of righteous indignation when it seems likely to me that Cooley, who has done things you allege, is the type of individual who would not think twice about screwing Providence.

Certainly Providence fans who were in the dark would be shocked by his leaving but it seems you were not one of those who were in the dark.

I feel badly for any Providence fan who was blindsided. But not those individuals who knew what he was like and the type of things he allegedly did. I would go as far as saying they might even bear some responsibility in how this played out because they enabled his bad behavior. We often suffer the transgressions we perpetrate.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I missed your statements about being in the dark. Having expressed I have sympathy for all the Providence fans who were clueless I obviously have sympathy for you.

Those who were knowledgeable however should receive some of the vitriol that Cooley is receiving.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Awesome aurocorrect to Publix.
Best part is that their first KY store opened a couple weeks ago in Louisville and I'd asked Google "Which is better, Wegmans or Publix?" and texted, "I'm checking out the new Publix. Need anything? I'll head over after" when I was told to come hang out with our granddaughter who just turned two and is is crazy great fun. That's all it took.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Doug Gottlieb now explaining how other people are d-bags, this just gets better.
Wow, he interrupts for a rant and that's it?

He and Goodman arguably help out Cooley by making his inauthenticity appear so much more polished that he's worthy of criticism. By contrast, Goodman calculatedly misfired and Gottlieb weakly mansplained to nobody in particular.

I haven't yet seen Dauster look foolish and hope not to. I bought in a year ago when he argued that what UConn needed was for AJax to be "Andre ducking Jackson."

I also hope that Fanta escapes any harmful consequences. He was his goofy, lovable, sincere self and provided the solid continuity that "Divine Providence" needed. The movie's apparent YouTube removal on the basis of trademark issues is legit enough and allows a path for the matter to evaporate with all parties on notice moving forward.

Let Georgetown rest up during its Big East bye week before facing Marquette, Seton Hall, UConn, Creighton, Villanova, and St John's before closing the month with visits to DePaul and Nova.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Doug saying a whole lot of nothing. Also, calling anyone else DBags while living in Newport Beach is downright hilarious.

Stealing stuff and cheating on your wife.

What are the 2 douchiest things you can do in your life, Alex?

Him getting on a high horse is always fun. What a moron.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best part is that their first KY store opened a couple weeks ago in Louisville and I'd asked Google "Which is better, Wegmans or Publix?" and texted, "I'm checking out the new Publix. Need anything? I'll head over after" when I was told to come hang out with our granddaughter who just turned two and is is crazy great fun. That's all it took.

Y'all are much more tolerant of Yankees in Northern Kentucky.

Screenshot_20240130-051540_Facebook.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Goodman called into the Mark Titus podcast and the episode came out today. They cut the actual call from the podcast, and Titus did not go into specifics, but after speaking to him he now says he doesn't think Goodman did anything wrong, and that from what he said he was defending John Fanta.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Doug saying a whole lot of nothing. Also, calling anyone else DBags while living in Newport Beach is downright hilarious.

Gottleib did acknowledge calling people dbags while living in Newport Beach is funny. And did say there's a high percentage of dbags there.

Reaction Score
Goodman called into the Mark Titus podcast and the episode came out today. They cut the actual call from the podcast, and Titus did not go into specifics, but after speaking to him he now says he doesn't think Goodman did anything wrong, and that from what he said he was defending John Fanta.
I saw that. Threatening a twitter poster is "defending" Fanta? John should get as far away from that jackass as possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom