Twitter and Big East Films | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, are you saying the person who made the film is a literal child?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Goodman has been friends with Cooley since Cooley started at BC. He always tries to defend him.
So where on the scale of approval/disapproval regarding Goodman were you prior to Cooley’s departure and where do you stand now?

Personally I’m indifferent to him but as you can easily observe he’s highly regarded in this forum.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Told BlueDemon he should get an attorney
He's not wrong. He ran right up to the line of what's permissible on that fake documentary. It's certainly possible to make the argument that he crossed it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just watched the video. Didn't really seem that bad? The kids implied some stuff and said some stuff pretty…sternly… but I don’t think Fanta did or said anything that is compromising or puts him in a bad light

I get the BE coming for copyright, blah blah blah annoying business stuff

I’m assuming there’s a reason there’s Field of 68 pushback. Maybe they see it as a potential threat to their sources trusting them (again I don’t think Fanta said anything wrong or bad but I also don’t know how the media industry works)

Goodman can say some silly things but Rob seems like a pretty reasonable guy and he’s not happy about it either. But obviously the Goodman DMs were not a good decision

All that said - the video was definitely long but it was good. Pretty interesting and high quality considering it came from a random fan and not an official studio. It was documentary style, not releasing any information that hasn’t already been in the world for nearly a year. I don’t understand the hysteria behind it
The more attention this gets the more the parties involved will probably benefit from it. I can see the kid getting a contract with someone over this.

It didn’t hurt FOX viewership. People will check out Field of 68.

Cooley will avoid it because where there is smoke there is fire and @FriarJ has posted there is confirmation to the rumors.

The BE wins because rivalries bring out fans and inflaming anger increases rivalries.
A contract is coming up for the BE.

Plus I’m bored. And threads like this are highly entertaining.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The more attention this gets the more the parties involved will probably benefit from it. I can see the kid getting a contract with someone over this.

It didn’t hurt FOX viewership. People will check out Field of 68.

Cooley will avoid it because where there is smoke there is fire and @FriarJ has posted there is confirmation to the rumors.

The BE wins because rivalries bring out fans and inflaming anger increases rivalries.
A contract is coming up for the BE.

Plus I’m bored. And threads like this are highly entertaining.
I mean, would Cooley be able to sue for defamation of character? It’s one thing for message board rumors to float around. It’s another to produce a documentary that gets thousands of views that tries to pitch a rumor as fact. I’m interested in seeing how this all plays out.

Reaction Score
FO68 can’t comment on it at this point, unless they’re going to to do some sort of mea culpa. Never cared for Goodman, but I’m disappointed in Dauster. They both should’ve kept their mouths shut.

Reaction Score
I mean, would Cooley be able to sue for defamation of character? It’s one thing for message board rumors to float around. It’s another to produce a documentary that gets thousands of views that tries to pitch a rumor as fact. I’m interested in seeing how this all plays out.
Hey everyone, these are the women I slept with outside my marriage.

Pretty sure Ed is fine with keeping that stuff in the rumor stages with the public.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Amazing that people are able to find their way to an internet message board but are incapable of doing basic screening on the what they read
I posted the tweet, but I wasn't suggesting that I "screened" it. I just found it amusing. :D

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I haven't seen the documentary, but do they say it's a fact he had an affair?

Reaction Score
I don't see it remotely pitch rumor as fact, didn't every single person shown explicitly say it was rumor/hearsay? Even the "Hitler" guy said he believes it, but also said it was his opinion based on his personality and things he's heard from other people, not that he knows for sure.

Reaction Score
I posted the tweet, but I wasn't suggesting that I "screened" it. I just found it amusing. :D
I was just speaking in broad terms.

In a way, I am the one who ate the trash for asserting that anyone takes an account like that seriously.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I haven't seen the documentary, but do they say it's a fact he had an affair?
The people in the documentary pitch it as the reason he had to leave Providence.
I would think that all he would have to do is have his wife say that’s untrue and unless whatever women he supposedly had an affair with steps forward, that’s all the court would need.

The onus would be more on the person who said it to prove it’s true. Would a woman really want to put herself out there like that as a homewrecker?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't see it remotely pitch rumor as fact, didn't every single person shown explicitly say it was rumor/hearsay? Even the "Hitler" guy said he believes it, but also said it was his opinion based on his personality and things he's heard from other people, not that he knows for sure.
I’d have to go back and watch it. There’s definitely a chance they slipped in those good ole “allegedly”s in there. Lol

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The people in the documentary pitch it as the reason he had to leave Providence.

I would think that all he would have to do is have his wife say that’s untrue and unless whatever women he supposedly had an affair with steps forward, that’s all the court would need.

The onus would be more on the person who said it to prove it’s true. Would a woman really want to put herself out there like that as a homewrecker?

I'm not remotely a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure a defamation case would need more than that, especially since she could benefit financially from not being truthful.

Reaction Score
If he's an adult, I don't see the reason to say "kid" just to make it sound like we should sympathize with him based on his age.

Reaction Score
He's a college kid, no reason to be obtuse here.
It makes a difference in how bad Goodman's conduct sounds, so I asked for clarification, that's all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom