Turn out the lights | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Turn out the lights

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Either we can recruit well enough to put 11 legit players on each side of the ball or we can't. I don't see anyone on Defense that can start on a bowl team. I just don't. If you tell me there are 1 or 2 and they are getting caught out covering for others, I will believe you but does that really even matter?

Yes, we also need better play from the QB, RB, OL and WRs not named Ross and need to stop running wide on obvious run downs but the has only improved from giving up 50/game to 40/game was less than I was looking for.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's time to move on from Edsall.
Not one thing has improved in 3 years.
This can't continue.

Have to give him next year. You may not like it but what choice to you really have.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The bottom line is Edsall, as the head coach, is responsible. Recruiting, OC's and DC's and the rest of the staff are on Edsell.

Spin it how ever you will. UConn football is a disaster.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In the 21st century RE is an ideal director of football operations or some other non-coaching role.

But his mindset on how a football game is won in 2019 is completely outdated. From watching opponents film and figuring how to attack and stop, how the game plan throughout the week is developed, and how to coach a game, he is outdated.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not like Edsall hasn’t been saying it plainly that we don’t have the bodies to compete but folks don’t want to hear it and he’s still gotta game every Saturday. Yes it’s his fault and Diaco’s and Benedict’s and Manuel and Herbst etc on down the line. This level of suck doesn’t happen without years of epic incompetence.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely wild that people think firing Edsall at this point will do anything.

Too many mistakes have been made. This all was cast in 2011 when Randy (after many years or searching) finally found his dream job and allowed 12 years of work to go out the window. If this SOB waited 2-3 god damn years we would have had stability when the next round of realignment came around but nope.

You don't recover from this. You just don't. Not in our lifetimes. AD Dave (who outside of women's hoop, field hockey, and baseball) is presiding over a broken athletic department, needs to donate every ounce of time to preserving men's and women's hoop (likely done by moving back to the Big East), restoring men's and women's soccer (40 years of history about to go down the drain if he doesn't do something) and getting serious about actually winning in sports we've done nothing at yet but should be better in (men's and women's hockey, women's lacrosse).

Football is done. It's done for everyone outside the Power 5. Edsall can coach ten more years for all I care. He was there for the start, his ambition and ego helped facilitate the end, and he can be there for the last game.
+ the heck out of this. The state of UCONN football rests squarely on Randy's shoulders. Not because of the RE2.0 efforts but because of his midnight departure from Scottsdale. The most asinine thing is that he's back collecting a paycheck when he was the one who drove the ship into the iceberg upon his departure to Turtleland.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Not like Edsall hasn’t been saying it plainly that we don’t have the bodies to compete but folks don’t want to hear it and he’s still gotta game every Saturday.

How many years does this pathetic excuse give him? 5? 10? 40?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Call it whatever you want it’s the truth but yes he’s accountable and not getting it done.

Reaction Score
How much bonus $ did Edsall earn in today's pathetic performance?
Every coach gets a bonus. If a coach like Edsall gets low pay you bet your ass he is making up for it

Reaction Score
Either we can recruit well enough to put 11 legit players on each side of the ball or we can't. I don't see anyone on Defense that can start on a bowl team. I just don't. If you tell me there are 1 or 2 and they are getting caught out covering for others, I will believe you but does that really even matter?

Yes, we also need better play from the QB, RB, OL and WRs not named Ross and need to stop running wide on obvious run downs but the has only improved from giving up 50/game to 40/game was less than I was looking for.
So a lot of these recruits we got had fcs or low tier football teams going after them what do you expect. We need to start recruiting with all the rest but unfortunately we can’t because no top recruit wants to come to this mess. It’s a mess right now but I believe we come out on top. It’s going to take longer than expected

Reaction Score
I honestly believe the administration prefers that the program sucks so they can drop it to FCS. Or at a minimum they don't care if it is good, because their fall back is to drop to FCS.

Reaction Score
I’m a conservative guy but punting on 4th and 2 down 20 near mid field was ridiculous...and they got a delay of game penalty to boot. COME ON!!!

Reaction Score
We've been through a lot of bad seasons and a lot of bad losses, but for some reason, this loss today hit me worse than any other that I can remember. There just doesn't seem to be a way to resurrect this program. Maybe it was the cheap kick in the groin from USF when we were down at the end. I was actually embarrassed to be a UConn fan this afternoon and I haven't felt that way in the last 18 years that I've been coming to watch them. I don't think I was alone because there seemed to be a different look on the faces of everyone as we were leaving the Stadium after the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have to give him next year. You may not like it but what choice to you really have.

Christ, elevate a GA and let him have fun with it - its not going ti get mire embarrassing than it is now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I mentioned this during the game chat, but today's game was aggravating me in the same way that the Pittsburgh Pirates did this year. Our (thankfully fired) manager kept sending out guys (e.g. Melky Cabrera) who had no future with the team instead of kids who might. The kids may suck, but there was nothing to lose putting them in there instead of washed up vets who would be gone end of the year anyway.

That's my way of saying play Jack Z. Maybe he's awful, but he'll be here another 2-3 years and will at least be learning something. You can root for him. Same with some of the other frosh. Play the kids. I don't need to see one more down of Beaudry. We're not winning with him anyway.

Reaction Score
In the 21st century RE is an ideal director of football operations or some other non-coaching role.

But his mindset on how a football game is won in 2019 is completely outdated. From watching opponents film and figuring how to attack and stop, how the game plan throughout the week is developed, and how to coach a game, he is outdated.

This is correct and exactly what I've been saying for a while.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely wild that people think firing Edsall at this point will do anything.

Too many mistakes have been made. This all was cast in 2011 when Randy (after many years or searching) finally found his dream job and allowed 12 years of work to go out the window. If this SOB waited 2-3 god damn years we would have had stability when the next round of realignment came around but nope.

You don't recover from this. You just don't. Not in our lifetimes. AD Dave (who outside of women's hoop, field hockey, and baseball) is presiding over a broken athletic department, needs to donate every ounce of time to preserving men's and women's hoop (likely done by moving back to the Big East), restoring men's and women's soccer (40 years of history about to go down the drain if he doesn't do something) and getting serious about actually winning in sports we've done nothing at yet but should be better in (men's and women's hockey, women's lacrosse).

Football is done. It's done for everyone outside the Power 5. Edsall can coach ten more years for all I care. He was there for the start, his ambition and ego helped facilitate the end, and he can be there for the last game.
This is the best and most real comment I've seen in a long, long time. Enough to cause me to log in and comment. F Edsell.

Reaction Score
Nobody cares about lacrosse. LAX is an airport symbol. Go away Art and let season football ticket holders and folks who go to games discuss football.

Nobody cares about LAX? It is one of the fastest growing youth sports. Florida's high schools are starting teams. USF and UCF both are rumored to sart teams. The only football that is growing is flag football...

Reaction Score
Nobody cares about LAX? It is one of the fastest growing youth sports. Florida's high schools are starting teams. USF and UCF both are rumored to sart teams. The only football that is growing is flag football...
LAX is a fringe sport

Reaction Score
To the 3 fans left who will only accept positive remarks on this garbage, thus enabling the tire fire to continue... please shut out the lights when Benedict punts the program in to the sun as his final act out the door.

I’m cool with this, as long as Nostical and the other Kool Aid drinkers are the ones to flip the switch and see them acknowledge that they were completely full of it.

Reaction Score
We've been through a lot of bad seasons and a lot of bad losses, but for some reason, this loss today hit me worse than any other that I can remember. There just doesn't seem to be a way to resurrect this program. Maybe it was the cheap kick in the groin from USF when we were down at the end. I was actually embarrassed to be a UConn fan this afternoon and I haven't felt that way in the last 18 years that I've been coming to watch them. I don't think I was alone because there seemed to be a different look on the faces of everyone as we were leaving the Stadium after the name.

Had the same feeling here. Really thought we'd at least give USF (an athletic team but a bad team) a better effort today and we laid an egg yet again. Then they rubbed it in with a couple late TDs (d**k move by USF but does it really matter?). 20 straight losses to FBS schools. Edsall's had about 2 1/2 seasons to get us looking like a football team again and we've gotten nowhere. With the impending departure from the AAC it just feels hopeless now that this program will survive.

In ten years we've gone from a Fiesta Bowl appearance to . . . . .this. Unreal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The kids may suck, but there was nothing to lose putting them in there instead of washed up vets who would be gone end of the year anyway.
On the surface that sounds good, but good luck trying to get grad transfers if they know they'll be sitting the rest of the season after a bad start. And juniors heading into their senior season might be more apt to hit the portal too ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom