Turn out the lights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Turn out the lights

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This was the most depressed I've been at a UConn game in a long time, and that's saying something. Run up the middle for no gain. Run up the middle for no gain. Force Beaudry into a 3rd and long where he had no pocket presence or ability to escape with his feet. Punt. Repeat.

This loss was not only on the players but on the coaches as well, who drew up a game plan as if they would magically get a different result by doing the same thing over and over again. And the atmosphere has become beyond depressing. Nobody in the stands and the cold feels even colder.

Hell, even the freaking flag bearers added to the incompetence, barely getting off the field and out of the way of our safeties just in time for USF to pull off their fake field goal. Disaster in every... freaking... facet...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You would think a guy with Spanos' experience should be able to do well in a mid-major conference, wouldn't you?
Only guy worth is keep, and barely. The lack of adjustments and feel in the game is scary.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I finally decided that we need to close down the program. I think LAX would be a strong sport for UConn. We can take the money from FB to start a LAX program, hire an assistant coach from John Hopkins, Duke and give them a paycheck, which will still be less then RE is getting. Give Dan Hurley, Gino and the hockey coach a pay raise, too. Implode the Rent and turn it into an Air museum...

I was an UConn fb supporter, but we started 20 years to late and I believe FB is going to die off. We can be a LAX powerhouse if done correctly. Of course with.our AD, I doubt it would be done correctly.

No, I don't want to see New Hampshire or Maine back. Time to put off our tire fire, stop making fun of Syracuse, BC and Rutgers and enjoy LAX. Let UMass and BC be New England's FB player...LAX is our future...
Nobody cares about lacrosse. LAX is an airport symbol. Go away Art and let season football ticket holders and folks who go to games discuss football.

Reaction Score
You would think a guy with Spanos' experience should be able to do well in a mid-major conference, wouldn't you?

This isn't a mid major conference in fact i'd argue top to the bottom it's better than the Big East before it blew up. Unfortunately, if you take the Huskies out of the ratings equation/models it kind of proves the point. Therein lies the rub, you have to get much better players to compete with these teams than what's coming in. Edsall's clearly not the guy who's going to do that, and without any conference affiliation i doubt it can/will be done.

Reaction Score
Lets assume UConn manages to beat UMass. That would still be 7-29 for the 3 years. Worse than Diaco's 11-26. No one survives that kind of record. If Edsall stays, it means that UConn will be moving down in two more years and they don't care about what the record is.

If they move down, lets drop it. After Michigan and big name schools at the Rent, do we really want to see Maine or Villanova? We can take the $$ and upgrade lacrosse and hire Duke's assistant coach (rumored that USF wants him to start Lacrosse). I don't want Nova as a regular season game in ANYTHING!

Connecticut citizens are bandwagon people, we support winners not losers...look at the Whalers for instance...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK I give up. Twenty straight losses to FBS schools. If this flatlining program can be saved it’s not with the current regime.

Burn it all down and start from scratch with an FCS coaching hire. Or just burn it all down.

By the way, still a d**k move by Strong to get those late scores. Fake FG up 20? TD pass in the last minute when we stopped calling TOs? Does he think that’s gonna save his job? Ass.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely wild that people think firing Edsall at this point will do anything.

Too many mistakes have been made. This all was cast in 2011 when Randy (after many years or searching) finally found his dream job and allowed 12 years of work to go out the window. If this SOB waited 2-3 god damn years we would have had stability when the next round of realignment came around but nope.

You don't recover from this. You just don't. Not in our lifetimes. AD Dave (who outside of women's hoop, field hockey, and baseball) is presiding over a broken athletic department, needs to donate every ounce of time to preserving men's and women's hoop (likely done by moving back to the Big East), restoring men's and women's soccer (40 years of history about to go down the drain if he doesn't do something) and getting serious about actually winning in sports we've done nothing at yet but should be better in (men's and women's hockey, women's lacrosse).

Football is done. It's done for everyone outside the Power 5. Edsall can coach ten more years for all I care. He was there for the start, his ambition and ego helped facilitate the end, and he can be there for the last game.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely wild that people think firing Edsall at this point will do anything.

Too many mistakes have been made. This all was cast in 2011 when Randy (after many years or searching) finally found his dream job and allowed 12 years of work to go out the window. If this SOB waited 2-3 god damn years we would have had stability when the next round of realignment came around but nope.

You don't recover from this. You just don't. Not in our lifetimes. AD Dave (who outside of women's hoop, field hockey, and baseball) is presiding over a broken athletic department, needs to donate every ounce of time to preserving men's and women's hoop (likely done by moving back to the Big East), restoring men's and women's soccer (40 years of history about to go down the drain if he doesn't do something) and getting serious about actually winning in sports we've done nothing at yet but should be better in (men's and women's hockey, women's lacrosse).

Football is done. It's done for everyone outside the Power 5. Edsall can coach ten more years for all I care. He was there for the start, his ambition and ego helped facilitate the end, and he can be there for the last game.
I think DB needs to leave, too. Shut down fb yes after supporting fb since the 60s, it is time to end it. DB's move to the BE is stupid. Rent should be imploded as a hazard waste dump...

Reaction Score
I agree. Let’s kill this. I go to every game. I think today ended it for me. Seriously, I only wanted a competitive game against a bad team at home. I wasn’t even looking for a win. Just to make it to the 4th quarter - which I didn’t. I left after the last drive of the 3rd quarter which of course ended in a punt. Just kill the program and put all of our resources to basketball. 90% of the state and fan base are there now anyway.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
In my mind as a Season ticket holders, I just want someone to be honest about what we’re trying to do here. Edsall plays so conservative and bland, no creativity in anything that we do unless it’s irrelevant.

Can Benedict be honest about what our plan in independence is going forward? Can Edsall give some answers to fans like me who constantly show up every week, while he doesn’t even try to be aggressive when he knows he’s the underdog?

Crickets from Benedict. Coach speak from Edsall. I’m getting pretty sick of it and have very little confidence in our direction or ability to improve going forward.

Reaction Score
Funny, I thought the EEE thing was an opportunity to save on electric costs. As in Turn the Lights Out.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In my mind as a Season ticket holders, I just want someone to be honest about what we’re trying to do here. Edsall plays so conservative and bland, no creativity in anything that we do unless it’s irrelevant.

Can Benedict be honest about what our plan in independence is going forward? Can Edsall give some answers to fans like me who constantly show up every week, while he doesn’t even try to be aggressive when he knows he’s the underdog?

Crickets from Benedict. Coach speak from Edsall. I’m getting pretty sick of it and have very little confidence in our direction or ability to improve going forward.
My fandom can’t survive 2.5 more years of Randy. It’s super messed up we haven’t added any games next year. This honestly may be the last season of UConn football.

Reaction Score
My fandom can’t survive 2.5 more years of Randy. It’s super messed up we haven’t added any games next year. This honestly may be the last season of UConn football.
Yeah, thats the exciting news they will be announcing in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score

Well, if we fire Edsall winning 0 games a year isn't that different from 1.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Also, to the people saying we couldn’t get anyone better than Edsall, I call bullspit.

Give me a young offensive minded coach who will at least play aggressive and make UConn football an exciting product if nothing else.

Thousands of FCS Head Coaches or FBS coordinators out there that would take an FBS HC Job.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nick motherlovin Saban ain’t doing squat with 5 years of ragtag fcs recruits.

Reaction Score
And there were posters saying UConn could win this game. The denial about Edsall and this program around here is crazy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This isn't a mid major conference in fact i'd argue top to the bottom it's better than the Big East before it blew up. Unfortunately, if you take the Huskies out of the ratings equation/models it kind of proves the point. Therein lies the rub, you have to get much better players to compete with these teams than what's coming in. Edsall's clearly not the guy who's going to do that, and without any conference affiliation i doubt it can/will be done.

There's a reason the AAC didn't keep the auto-bid. If it's not P5, it's a mid-major. Where did everyone but us come from? Argue all you want about how the AAC compares to the OBE. Doesn't change our mid-major status.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom