Tulane Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Tulane Game Thread

Reaction Score
We can all breathe again now. I think this will wake up a few of the players. NOTHING is guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Geno: biggest difference the way Tulane played, you got to give them a tremendous amount of credit, we weren't making any shots, got a little tentative, we're not as good as everybody thinks we are and today was an example of that, not having Kia means the rotation was a little different, all in all it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often. Most of the time about our team the things I see I kinda have an idea, we got some glaring things we have to work on, we have this thing in some of our players that think every shot they take is supposed to go in and when it doesn't they pout and act like 12 year olds figure out a way to help us out and win the game, unfortunate Crystal didn't make her free throws.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This is the first game in a while I haven't been able to watch live. All you BYers who routinely follow along with close games online, with all the game trackers and constant refreshing, etc., I honestly don't know how you do it. That was far more mentally taxing than simply watching the game live, when at least you can see what the heck is going on. Ugh.

Reaction Score
Ease off, guys. UConn played pretty badly tonight. There weren't a lot of positives to talk about

Only that they won...........and hopefully it will shake off any complacency and they can now refocus on what got them there 101 games ago..............

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ease off, guys. UConn played pretty badly tonight. There weren't a lot of positives to talk about
True, but TT raises negativity to an art form.

Reaction Score
Geno: biggest difference the way Tulane played, you got give them a tremendous amount of credit, we weren't making any shots, got a little tentative, we're not as good as everybody thinks we are and today was an example of that, not having Kia means the rotation was a little different, all in all it's a wonder this doesn't happen more often. Most of the time about our team the things I see I kinda have an idea, we got some glaring things we have to work on, we have this thing in some of our players that think every shot they take is supposed to go in and when it doesn't they pout and act like 12 year olds figure out a way to help us out and win the game, unfortunate Crystal didn't make her free throws.
Yes, their youth was on display tonight. And yes, they definitely miss Kia. Temple will be challenge as well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
True, but TT raises negativity to an art form. A real pain in the ass!
Unlike other games where I could ding him for not talking about the good rather than focusing on the bad, this game he was right and rather restrained about it, too.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Never in doubt :rolleyes:

Baskets in the Paint Final
UConn 10 (4-1-1-4)
Tulane 8 (1-2-1-4)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I'm sitting at BWI waiting for a now long delayed flight home. Had figured to see this on ESPN3 but game was blocked here.

Appreciate all the posts to keep me up to date on the score.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One major vulnerability is if you are physical and trap the Huskies inside the 3-pt line they don't handle it well at all. We saw it in LSU quite a bit as well. KLS really struggles with pressure in her chest, but there's a lack of composure under duress with the whole team.

Reaction Score
Fewest amount of points in conference play: 63 vs. USF 2/16/14 AND tonight vs. Tulane.

Reaction Score
The positive is that it wasn't a loss even though they played badly and this should wake them up and refocus them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wire to wire baby. Never a bead of sweat, right?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the post game interview, Geno was pretty relaxed, even laughing. I bet he's happy to have a win that will help him get the team more focused. The offense has been drifting of late and this will show the young guys that wins aren't automatic.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The positive is that it wasn't a loss even though they played badly and this should wake them up and refocus them.
And no more injuries. I'm gonna keep pressing my call Nurse button.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom