Tulane Game Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Tulane Game Thread

Reaction Score
Collier: we were frazzled at times tonight and forcing some things, clearly we can't do that with some teams, frustrating being on the bench with stupid fouls, disappointed in ourselves we can play better than we did tonight.

Reaction Score
Can we just take a second to imagine what would've happened in this game if Queen Napheesa was having a bad game like everyone else?
7 of 9 on field goals, 11 of 12 on free throws. Oh and 12 rebounds as well.
She was the calm amid the New Orleans hurricane.

Uconn wasn't all having a BAD GAME--Tulane had a great game plan---offer up the 3 ball to Uconn until they prove they can make them---few tried. Then swarm the basket and take away Gabby an pheesa's put backs--they did. Gabby got 14 Rebounds--eventually. At home the Big green T was on fire and so was it's crowd--without winning the game--they won bragging rights with a 3 point loss --and taking the game to the wire.
Evenually KLS started hitting--great for us--she scored.

I know some ass will complain about Danger--not me--this kid in perhaps her 5 th or 6th game sitting out two injuries--and roving the Geno dog house--had no reason to be able to make very very pressure free throws---Geno should have protected her by having HER throw the ball in--Tulane doubled everyone except danger and the inbounder--and then fouled the weakest link--danger---Game plan.. The Game Danger played a s point was commendable--she hit a 3
and delivered passes in a helter skelter defense by Big T.

Reaction Score
Geno: pretty comforting to start every game with 40 pts, 20 there 20 there (Collier and Lou).

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
No Molly tonight. I thought Geno might situation-substitute for defense late in the game. Of course, if she hasn't played at all in the game to that point, and being a freshman, that would be risky.

Seemed like Saniya played the whole game.

Reaction Score
Geno: there is only one kid on our team that is going to show up and give you the same thing every night (Collier)
Hoops it pains me to say this---Bull pucky---Think Gabby and kLS when well, think Kia when well,
think Chong well or not---
Yes Pheesa score pretty good--she is very good (usually) under the boards---so is Gabby.
Pheesa was really needed tonight no doubt--

Reaction Score
No Molly tonight. I thought Geno might situation-substitute for defense late in the game. Of course, if she hasn't played at all in the game to that point, and being a freshman, that would be risky.

Yeah and I was expecting a bench game with lots of Molly, Kyla, and Butler. Shows how much I know!

Reaction Score
All the possible bad things happened to UConn, including the 4 fouls in Naphessa.
The refs called all strange fouls in both teams. Surprised we still won the game.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Can we just take a second to imagine what would've happened in this game if Queen Napheesa was having a bad game like everyone else?
7 of 9 on field goals, 11 of 12 on free throws. Oh and 12 rebounds as well.
She was the calm amid the New Orleans hurricane.
Yup. She was the sea wall.

Reaction Score

Tulane Coach was pulling out all the tried and true--go after the weakest links--klS, Danger (Kls suffer illness slump) (Danger 's 5th or so game, while riding bench, dog house, concussion, foot problems)
This was no game for molly that's why i was surprised to see Kyla--although kyla at least throws up a shot or two--Molly rarely (this is why she sits) Second part of the tried and true ---swarm the boards and foul foul foul foul. it works, almost..
Saniya is the invisible person when credit is handed out--except for nice people likeYOU. Gabby got 14 boards 4 assists (I think)

Reaction Score
Geno: Molly might be the fastest player we have from foul line to foul line the ability to just stay within yourself instead of just trying be everything. They are both (Molly and Kyla) really great people work really really hard they don't have the talent that the other guys have.

Reaction Score
Geno: Saniya is way better than people have seen. In the next month and a half Saniya is going to turn out to be mmmmm she's gonna turn out to be where people are going to go wow I didn't know she could do that.

Reaction Score
Geno: We might have not won the Florida state game without Nat, we might have not won the Baylor game without Nat.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game because I assumed it would be 30 point blowout. But other than magnifying the lack of depth it really doesn't say anything about UCONN as a team other than that they are human. This game was an anomaly that will be soon forgotten as anything other than a trivia question about UCONN's closest game.

One player being out can make a huge difference in the cohesiveness of a team. Nurse being out was a big factor but the right decision was made to hold her out. Mulkey commented that she was not going to risk the long-term health of Mompremier or the success of the team later in the season just to win games now.

So I would say what I told the folks on the Baylor board after the Texas loss, stay calm. It brings even more amusement to statements such as "we only won by 17 points" or "we struggled" when the margin of victory ilwas 30+ points.

Despite this game against Two Lane and Baylor's loss to Texas, I still expect to see both in the NCAA final.

Reaction Score
Geno: With T it became more and more and more that this kid adds something you're not going to see it in the box score and she's added a little more every year but there's a feeling um on our team that if T wasn't around at practice or pre-game and you'd notice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom