Trey Patterson to announce June 18th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Trey Patterson to announce June 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i'm not going to argue against hurley. he's already the second best recruiter in the BE. i'm just tempering my expectations. Tyler Phommachanh was the highest rated recruit i thought we had a realistic shot at but there's no shame in losing a recruit to wright. until proven otherwise I'm expecting him to land diggins and longino as well.
Stop that....hate Woj but he brings in talent. PC loaded with 4 stars, Xavier loaded with 4 stars and Nova of course. The recruits look good on paper for UConn, but who is the odd man out and who is transferring. I forgot about Butler, they recruit high level 3 star guys(5 this yr) which 3 should be players by their junior yr, Scooby by his second yr. UConn looks good on paper, but let's stop with DH as the second best recruiter.

Reaction Score
Stop that....hate Woj but he brings in talent. PC loaded with 4 stars, Xavier loaded with 4 stars and Nova of course. The recruits look good on paper for UConn, but who is the odd man out and who is transferring. I forgot about Butler, they recruit high level 3 star guys(5 this yr) which 3 should be players by their junior yr, Scooby by his second yr. UConn looks good on paper, but let's stop with DH as the second best recruiter.
Dan Hurley is the second best recruiter

Reaction Score
Denial ain't a river in Eqypt my friend.......

Reaction Score
i'm not going to argue against hurley. he's already the second best recruiter in the BE. i'm just tempering my expectations. Tyler Phommachanh was the highest rated recruit i thought we had a realistic shot at but there's no shame in losing a recruit to wright. until proven otherwise I'm expecting him to land diggins and longino as well.
Also good recruiting is recognizing those 2 stars and 3 stars players that come out of nowhere and develop over time at the program. I give that nod to Lavall Jordan and coach McDermott.

Reaction Score
Also good recruiting is recognizing those 2 stars and 3 stars players that come out of nowhere and develop over time at the program. I give that nod to Lavall Jordan and coach McDermott.
Hurley resurrected URI with those same level players........in the A10. He recruited on par(better than) the majority of the big East in the........AAC. He can now sell the same conference they’ve been selling the whole time. Daddy’s home in more ways than one. You’re in for a rude awakening

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Denial ain't a river in Eqypt my friend.......
DH is a good recruiter, let's just pump the brakes saying he is the second best in the he conf already. He will strike out some yrs being back in the BE. Mostly all the NE schools will be recruiting the same guys, so at the end the the day it's up to the player.

Reaction Score
DH is a good recruiter, let's just pump the brakes saying he is the second best in the he conf already. He will strike out some yrs being back in the BE. Mostly all the NE schools will be recruiting the same guys, so at the end the the day it's up to the player.

Do you have any idea where you are?

Reaction Score
Holy there needs to be a season this year. If by Aug 15 the kids are returning to class and I still have a job, I am buying season tix. Have not been to a home b-ball game since the BE and I am so looking forward to coming home. Roadies to Provi, too.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

This is terrible logic. Quite the opposite actually.

UConn's/Hurley's recruiting has gotten a huge boost from being in the BE compared to the AAC. Literally every top recruit he's signed in the past year+ has commented on UConn being back in the BE, and that was a big factor for landing Jackson, Sonogo, etc. Hurley literally swept in and stole Sonogo from his alma mater's backyard when many considered him a SH lock.

Yet, you think being back in the BE is detrimental for Hurley's recruiting? As another poster said, you're clearly in denial.

Hurley is the 2nd best recruiter in the BE right now behind Wright.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
WOW all this who is the best recruiter stuff
All the coaches are good recruiters - look what Dave has done at DePaul
DH is a good coach and a good recruiter but to say he is the 2nd best in the NBE is absolutely ludicrous at this point in time.
Let's wait and see 2-3 years down the road
Very happy with what he has brought in but those with blinders on need to look at all the rosters and recruiting classes in the NBE - it will be a tough argument to say DH is in top 5 never mind #2.

He recruited on par(better than) the majority of the big East in the........AAC.

Not true. How many years did he recruit in the AAC without being able to say that UConn will be in the NBE?
One year?

Reaction Score
DH is a good coach and a good recruiter but to say he is the 2nd best in the NBE is absolutely ludicrous at this point in time.
Very happy with what he has brought in but those with blinders on need to look at all the rosters and recruiting classes in the NBE - it will be a tough argument to say DH is in top 5 never mind #2.

He recruited on par(better than) the majority of the big East in the........AAC.

Not true. How many years did he recruit in the AAC without being able to say that UConn will be in the NBE?
One year?
gaffney, bouk, springs, Cole, and akok did not know about the big east. We have looked at the recruiting classes in the big East, we have the best lmaoo. You're wrong

Reaction Score

One year?
It's hilarious the lengths you go to to avoid complimenting Dan Hurley

Reaction Score
This is terrible logic. Quite the opposite actually.

UConn's/Hurley's recruiting has gotten a huge boost from being in the BE compared to the AAC. Literally every top recruit he's signed in the past year+ has commented on UConn being back in the BE, and that was a big factor for landing Jackson, Sonogo, etc. Hurley literally swept in and stole Sonogo from his alma mater's backyard when many considered him a SH lock.

Yet, you think being back in the BE is detrimental for Hurley's recruiting? As another poster said, you're clearly in denial.

Hurley is the 2nd best recruiter in the BE right now behind Wright.
Terrible logic how.....I hate Marquette, but you can make a case Woj being second best right now. I'm clearly aware of the talent UConn has brought in, no denying that......just pump the brakes.

Reaction Score
If we pants 'Nova by stealing this kid from under their noses right before our return to the conference I think it would be time to seriously consider erecting a Hurley Statue in front of Gampel.
This would only make us look at a location for the statue.. He has to lead us back to a NC before that statue is built. lol.

Reaction Score
Terrible logic how.....I hate Marquette, but you can make a case Woj being second best right now. I'm clearly aware of the talent UConn has brought in, no denying that......just pump the brakes.
Then you would know UConn isn't just fighting it out with New England schools for recruits. What are these New England schools you're talking about?

Reaction Score

Pump the brakes because a PC guy asks us to on our board? Speaking of logic when you’re here you may want to pump the brakes friar dude. We’re gonna think what we want about Hurley. No problem throwing your opinion around rather enjoy it. But don’t come over being surprised we think our guy is the 2nd best recruiter in the league already. He’s certainly making an early mark so even if he’s not 2 he’s damn close.

Reaction Score
Pump the brakes because a PC guy asks us to on our board? Speaking of logic when you’re here you may want to pump the brakes friar dude. We’re gonna think what we want about Hurley. No problem throwing your opinion around rather enjoy it. But don’t come over being surprised we think our guy is the 2nd best recruiter in the league already. He’s certainly making an early mark so even if he’s not 2 he’s damn close.
Wright, Woj, Cooley, DH

Reaction Score

Game 1 stats:

18 PTS
14 REB
4 AST

8 TO
STL
2 BLK

8/15 fg
1/2 3FG
1/3 FT

For the season he averaged... Friend from jersey texted me this. No idea where the #s come from.

19.8 pts
10.1 reb
2.3 ast

1.3 blk
1.9 stl

-Good looking stroke. Pull up looks beautiful. Good catch n shoot too. I would like to see him have permission to TAKE a heck of a lot more from his coach.
-Biggest guy on his team so kind of forced to play the post.
-Not super comfortable handling the ball vs pressure. Turned it over a bunch in the first half. Including a stupid double dribble. Potential is there though--can dribble with left and right and brings the ball up quite a few times.
- Seems to pass well when stuck in the middle of the press. Not super comfortable pivoting like a guard, but definitely a + at 6’8 210lbs
- Has a decent drive in transition. Didn’t flash it in the ½ court
-His game is almost the opposite of Andre’s. His style seems very refined. Much less flash. He definitely isn’t as good of a passer or ballhandler, but he seems to have a high IQ. Knows where to be on the court. I’d expect high shooting %s on low usage from him eventually, but based on this performance not the kind of guy to lead the team in scoring every night. Kind of a really high end “system” player
- defensive potential is really evident. Could defend 2-4 easily with some practice at the higher level
- Doesn’t play selfish at all. Not a big assist guy this game, but moved the ball well inside out and didn’t let it stick in his hands
- Pretty good outlet passer. Really like his ability to get boards and either hit ahead or escape dribble it out and up
- Started the 2nd half with like 5 rebounds in a row. Team went on a run. Pretty noticeable that they were playing as well as he did overall
- Fundamentally sound rebounder. Not just outjumping guys (which he probably could’ve in this game)

He is definitely more of a PF than a SF right now. Pieces are all there though.

Reaction Score
Wright, Woj, Cooley, DH
PeeCee hoops......gotta love it!! What, about 6 all time wins in the NCAA tourney?? 2/3 of which occurred before you were born? Go away young man. You’re an afterthought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom