Tremont Waters | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Kid is really, really good. Reminds me of Shabazz.

They compared him to Shabazz tonight. He's a not quite as dynamic Kemba, which sounds an awful lot like Shabazz.

Waters had 39 against Marquette tonight

Reaction Score
Kid is really, really good. Reminds me of Shabazz.

Watched the game tonight. Waters has a lot of talent and he had a great shooting night, but LSU is not going to be a really good team if your point guard takes 22 shots and has 4 assists. Heck, the team had 7 assists on 84 points! That is not how Ollie wants UConn to play and it looks like Waters made the right choice going to LSU.

Reaction Score
He's way more dynamic than Bazz and Kemba were as freshmen. He has absolutely everything you want in a point guard but is just undersized. Teammates aren't capable enough for his vision and passing.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Watched the game tonight. Waters has a lot of talent and he had a great shooting night, but LSU is not going to be a really good team if your point guard takes 22 shots and has 4 assists. Heck, the team had 7 assists on 84 points! That is not how Ollie wants UConn to play and it looks like Waters made the right choice going to LSU.

I'll take 40 and 4 assists from my PG all day if aomeone would play some G damned defense.

Reaction Score
Waters is a fantastic basketball talent but he does not have a team first mentality. I don’t know why anyone on this forum would want that kind of attitude on our team regardless of talent level. The game is much bigger than one player.

Reaction Score
Waters is a fantastic basketball talent but he does not have a team first mentality. I don’t know why anyone on this forum would want that kind of attitude on our team regardless of talent level. The game is much bigger than one player.
get-a-brain-morans-1083600.png

Reaction Score
Big swing and miss on our part

Nope. The reason I'm actually okay with Waters not coming here is that he never legitimately considered us. Hamidou was a big swing and miss.

Reaction Score
I’ll root for any player from New Haven, or anywhere in CT really.

I do wish he wanted to come here though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quick!

Someone convince us this kid is actually really bad and not "tough" enough to play for KO!

He is not a team player plain and simple Some coaches can tolerate that
I don't recall anyone saying that the kid was no good and a few may have questioned his toughness - the kid can score but can he play in a control type team - Notre Dame/Puke, etc
But quick - who here is convinced he is the next coming of Kyrie
Do you think JC would have allowed this kid to throw up 30 shots and have only 4 assists?
I won't bring up KO because, well we all know how you feel about him

Reaction Score
and we already had Gilbert in the fold, that had to play into it right? If we didn't already have an undersized PG slotted to play for a few years, I think maybe it would've been different in the recruiting phase, who knows

Reaction Score
I don't recall anyone saying that the kid was no good and a few may have questioned his toughness - the kid can score but can he play in a control type team - Notre Dame/Puke, etc
Do you think JC would have allowed this kid to throw up 30 shots and have only 4 assists?
You have no clue what you're talking about. Kid has incredible vision, would have had way more assists in the tournament if his teammates could catch and finish. One of their best players was out and they would have lost by 30 without Waters taking 22 shots and scoring 39. You clearly didn't watch the game.

Reaction Score
He’s really talented. LSU blows. He nor his dad wanted UConn they were too big for UConn.

Next

And that right there is the problem.

Our program shouldn't be so diminished that a recruit outside the Top 20 thinks that they're too big for us.

Reaction Score
Waters did not want to come to UConn because of the presence of Adams and Gilbert. Ollie can’t change that.
lol bullspit. how do UK and Duke land kids?

Reaction Score
Lol we didn’t miss on anything! He didn’t want to come here, he is a selfish player. Akinjo and Gilbert are going to be so much better for this program. Just watch.
lol gfy

Reaction Score
lol bullspit. how do UK and Duke land kids?
In most cases I agree with you, and the playing time excuse is a massive cop out. But Waters made it clear he wanted the ball in his hands from day 1 and that wasn't happening here (or Duke or UK).

In this case though his dad and him were absolutely right in wanting that because he's shown he's deserves that. I don't think he needed to demand that of a school because clearly he would have gotten tons of playing time wherever he went, but the guarantees were never going to happen here

Reaction Score
In most cases I agree with you, and the playing time excuse is a massive cop out. But Waters made it clear he wanted the ball in his hands from day 1 and that wasn't happening here (or Duke or UK).

In this case though his dad and him were absolutely right in wanting that because he's shown he's deserves that. I don't think he needed to demand that of a school because clearly he would have gotten tons of playing time wherever he went, but the guarantees were never going to happen here
the same people that said his dad was making demands said that diallo was coming here. dot dot dot

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He is not a team player? What? Where do you come up with this constant stream of garbage?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom