Tremont Waters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Reaction Score
the same people that said his dad was making demands said that diallo was coming here. dot dot dot
It's possible I'm misremembering sicne it fits my point, but it seemed like the demands from the dad was pretty common knowledge in the discussion, even beyond this board

Reaction Score
People keep saying he never wanted to come here, which is dead wrong. This kid called us his dream school as early as 8th grade. His interest started to wane around his sophomore or junior year, which seems to correlate greatly with our lack of success. There were also rumors of demands, which, if true, I wouldn't want him, but it was (and is) painfully obvious this kid is a great player and we missed out big time.

pj

Reaction Score
He's a fantastic player but it's not only UConn that wasn't a fit for his family, Duke turned away and many other top programs. I don't know the ins and outs but they wanted a place where he could take 22 shots a game and they got it. If you want to be an elite program you can't throw the other 12 players under the bus by promising those kind of shot numbers. We want to be an elite program. He just wasn't destined for an elite program, he was destined for a second tier wannabe program, and he found it.

Reaction Score
The kid is obviously good, I just wouldn’t come to a full conclusion considering they are playing on the easiest rims on the planet. That’s why every year the scores are so high scoring in Maui.

Reaction Score
He wanted to come here He didn’t want to come here. Who knows, but anyone who watched yesterday’s game could make an argument that he would have been our best guard offensively. He’s a much better and creative passer than anyone we have and he’s a better shooter with a quick release. I didn’t see a selfish player but someone who had to do it all because his teammates brought nothing.

Reaction Score
There were many factors that impacted his recruiting ...he wanted to run the show on day one. Wanted endless playing time . Very involved dad very possibly shady.

Shhh 99 don't tell the others, they believe he really wanted to come here but KO blows and the program is in a shambles. Don't try to shed light on this one because it may ruin their Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure KO blew the Mustapha Heron recruiting opportunity too. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
LOL. Why is he at LSU instead of (ignore Duke and Kentucky and us) Syracuse or Nova or Wisconsin or Indiana or West Virginia or Cincinnati? He is at a school that isn't a basketball power for a reason. Either there was something shady or his team was requiring commitments that schools that have basketball success don't make to recruits. We didn't lose him to a peer -- he demanded something different.

He's going to have a great college career and I wish him well. But this isn't a kid we lost out on. This is a kid that no one in our peer group was interested in. To suppose there isn't a reason for that is dumb.

Reaction Score
He is a good to great college player. But his height will push him to Europe in time. He will score tons of points over the next 4 years. God bless him unless we are playing lsu in the nit

Reaction Score
We is a good to great college player. But his height will push him to Europe in time. He will score tons of points over the next 4 years. God bless him unless we are playing lsu in the nit

Think he stays put for 4 years? Doesn't seem like dad or he could actually do that, just like HS and recruiting very unpredictable for LSU and their future together I am guessing.

Reaction Score
The kid could have been a major home state hero and part of a championship run but his handlers probably steered him into basketball oblivion.

Not Ollie's fault at all.

I bet he is a one and done and will be in Europe next year.

Reaction Score
Think he stays put for 4 years? Doesn't seem like dad or he could actually do that, just like HS and recruiting very unpredictable for LSU and their future together I am guessing.

Could transfer to a bigger school after sophomore year. Sit junior and play big ball his senior year for a ku like school

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He is a good to great college player. But his height will push him to Europe in time. He will score tons of points over the next 4 years. God bless him unless we are playing lsu in the nit
For his own sake he's going to have to get stronger and more committed to playing defense. I didn't watch the whole ND game but he looked overwhelmed by Gibbs.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
LSU has another 5 star PG coming in next year, so things could change there.

Reaction Score
There were many factors that impacted his recruiting ...he wanted to run the show on day one. Wanted endless playing time . Very involved dad very possibly shady.
VERY Shady. $$$$$

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'll watch the kid and root for him because he's from my neighborhood but other than that , NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
And that right there is the problem.

Our program shouldn't be so diminished that a recruit outside the Top 20 thinks that they're too big for us.

Actually a kid at that age in HS saw the national titles as did his dad. He grew up in CT, his dad and he should want him to keep, or in this case bring back the championship vibe to their state school if he is that good. What changed from 8th grade until 12th? Dad saw other avenues, my guess is he really wanted Calipari to drool all over his son so he could get the exposure too I could be wrong. Not UConns fault here a kid outside the Top 20 thought they were too big for us, it's just the way it was.

Reaction Score
LOL. Why is he at LSU instead of (ignore Duke and Kentucky and us) Syracuse or Nova or Wisconsin or Indiana or West Virginia or Cincinnati? He is at a school that isn't a basketball power for a reason. Either there was something shady or his team was requiring commitments that schools that have basketball success don't make to recruits. We didn't lose him to a peer -- he demanded something different.

He's going to have a great college career and I wish him well. But this isn't a kid we lost out on. This is a kid that no one in our peer group was interested in. To suppose there isn't a reason for that is dumb.
Dad demanded more then most schools were willing. $$$

Reaction Score
LSU has another 5 star PG coming in next year, so things could change there.
This is and will be Tremont’s team to run. He seems to have a good relationship with his coach and I noticed that during time stoppage he would always go to the sidelines to get instruction.

Reaction Score
the same people that said his dad was making demands said that diallo was coming here. dot dot dot

Not apples to apples but have it your way. Everyone thought he was coming here, everyone. Once again they didn't blow that one, the kid believed the Squid and made a fast crossover dribble. The only thing we hope they learned from that was never throw all the eggs in one basket. Never the same with Waters so not sure where this is going? Not too hard to figure out when so many others besides LSU backed out of the party is it Mick? C'mon

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is and will be Tremont’s team to run. He seems to have a good relationship with his coach and I noticed that during time stoppage he would always go to the sidelines to get instruction.

Actually saw that too, looked like he was running the team and the coach was nodding in favor. Great coaching :rolleyes: LOL

Reaction Score
Hey like Fishy said he would've been a tremendous addition to this team for his offensive potential alone. Still a CT kid hope he does some good things it's a good story. I don't even mind the updates on him here, always good to see the kids we recruited and missed to see what they're doing. But can we leave it at that? Does it always have to shift to "KO sucks and he blew it" with everything. You are also the many who believed he and the staff blew it with Sid Wilson and St Johns did a better job it had nothing to do with his family and what they wanted. How did that turn out? I can't hear you?

We are 3-0 have a huge game tonight after some turkey and cocktails with the family, can't we just be a little optimistic and enjoy the day?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom