Tremont Waters is the truth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters is the truth

Reaction Score
To equate this kid with Paul Pierce as in the title is crazy!!!! (I know - wasn't meant to be)
But what Waters did was impressive as what JA did in Hawaii last year was much more impressive - however, what JA did today is not good at all

Scared of JA, AG and CV? that's stupid talk - what Waters and his father wanted was the keys to the car and KO wasn't going to yank those away from JA and AG - and that is understandable to the sane
Do you realize how ridiculous it was to not give him the keys? Jalen is a combo guard, Alterique has a busted shoulder, and Waters is way better than both of them.

Reaction Score
There were some people who said they would rather a 5th year senior in Antwoine Anderson than Tremont Waters. I'm not making this up.
Easy, that’s embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he was scared off by Adams, Gilbert, and Vital.

Hard to blame him for hitching his wagon to another program and coach.
Waters wanted to walk in and have the team built around him with our guards that was not going to happen.
Do you realize how ridiculous it was to not give him the keys? Jalen is a combo guard, Alterique has a busted shoulder, and Waters is way better than both of them.
For the last time. He was not coming to Uconn. Would not pay $. Ask Georgetown.

Reaction Score
You said it would be nice if we could get kids like this. Clearly, we didn't go after Dunn.
Ha, that's a reach. I'm a Jalen fan but Waters is just on a whole different level. Kid is really really special.

Meanwhile Kris Dunn had 32 pts., 9 assists, and 4 steals in a win last night. It would be nice if we could get some of these Connecticut kids.
I said it would be nice to get some of these Connecticut kids. I love local kids and always root for them, I wish we would keep CT. and New England kids here. Put a damn wall up around the state and New England.

Why do you always make up what I say? Do you do this with everyone?

C

Chief00

There were some people who said they would rather a 5th year senior in Antwoine Anderson than Tremont Waters. I'm not making this up.
Not Chief. Chill was late to the party but tried. Glen Miller never focused on him or gave Tremont any love. Too much ground to make up.

C

Chief00

Calhoun didn't offer Dunn. You're saying Calhoun could not get Dunn. That's crazy. This is a Gomes scenario.

Calhoun did not even have a ship for AD. Remember they were both going to prep school and then things changed as Chief predicted.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Remember we did not expect Gilbert to get hurt this year.

It would have been impossible to give Adams, Gilbert, CV, and Waters sizable playing time.

Reaction Score
glad we didn't get him. Who would want him at a time like this? making clutch 3's. leading a team as a freshman. gross. thank god he went elsewhere. we should stick to recruiting kids from EO Smith, that seems to be as far as our range goes now.

Reaction Score
Amazing shot. Legendary.

Imagine how Georgetown must feel?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lololol, thank goodness I didn't have to witness those posts. Wade has LSU looking really tough, just 13 games after winning ONE SEC game last year. Coaching makes all the difference in CBB.

And players like TW.

Reaction Score
Honestly, with the way he's playing, I would be surprised if he's there all 4 years. I think he'll be like Ulis and declare for the NBA after his sophomore year. Hell, he may even declare after this year.

Reaction Score
glad we didn't get him. Who would want him at a time like this? making clutch 3's. leading a team as a freshman. gross. thank god he went elsewhere. we should stick to recruiting kids from EO Smith, that seems to be as far as our range goes now.

Tyler+Olander+Jimmy+V+Classic+k4WLdM0twwFl.jpg

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That shot was a prayer... dude is a stud but that shot didn’t tell me that. Other examples work better.

As I’ve said I have no stake in the game for CT kids, I just want good UConn players.

I don’t know enough of the other stuff, but on court he’s the real deal. I get why that stings.

Reaction Score
Honestly, with the way he's playing, I would be surprised if he's there all 4 years. I think he'll be like Ulis and declare for the NBA after his sophomore year. Hell, he may even declare after this year.
A couple inches taller and he's a 1 and done. Never thought he had much of a chance because of his body but I think I was wrong. Kid is an unbelievable player, already has the total package except for size but he's quick enough, crazy vision, shooting, and has It.

Reaction Score
I said it would be nice to get some of these Connecticut kids.

That's what I said you said! WTH is wrong with your brain? How would we have gotten Dunn? To say it would be nice to get him is to imply that we tried and didn't get him, especially when you put him in the same sentence with Waters, who we tried to get and didn't. What the heck is the matter with you?

Reaction Score
That's what I said you said! WTH is wrong with your brain? How would we have gotten Dunn? To say it would be nice to get him is to imply that we tried and didn't get him, especially when you put him in the same sentence with Waters, who we tried to get and didn't. What the heck is the matter with you?
You're still mental. I didn't say anything about why we didn't get Dunn, I knew what our situation was and why we didn't get him. You really want to create a "Ryan Gomes" situation out of nothing.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
That shot was a prayer... dude is a stud but that shot didn’t tell me that. Other examples work better.

As I’ve said I have no stake in the game for CT kids, I just want good UConn players.

I don’t know enough of the other stuff, but on court he’s the real deal. I get why that stings.

Yeah, but that shot came after he had hit another 30 footer 10 seconds earlier to bring LSU back from down 5 to 2. Then he hit the game winner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom