Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters doesn't want to go to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he wants to come, sign him
But he will be sitting on the bench behind Vital, Adams and hopefully a healthy AG.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Staff clearly prioritized MAL over Waters early on - I don't know why that would change now, but if he wanted to sign up, great....

But I would doubt we'd be an appealing location for him.

Reaction Score
I was at that game also. He didn't play great and I wouldn't use that game as a barometer to guage him.

He's a terrific player, high bball iq, great shooter... just a great player who will be an elite 4 year college player. Yes he's tiny but so was this guy named khalid
Joey from hillhouse completely out played him in my opinion. You agree?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Staff clearly prioritized MAL over Waters early on - I don't know why that would change now, but if he wanted to sign up, great....

But I would doubt we'd be an appealing location for him.
I think he's better than MAL from everything I've seen. Let's have some competition and let the best man win. I want to see us get back to the pressing style we used to play and Waters would be huge.

Reaction Score
No to what? That he's not better than MAL, that we shouldn't have some competition and see who's better or that we shouldn't go back to pressing?
Not better than MAL . Not enough playing time for him and their should be enough competition next year . Pressing is fine with me.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No to what? That he's not better than MAL, that we shouldn't have some competition and see who's better or that we shouldn't go back to pressing?

He saw him play one game and Waters didn't play well, so that's that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he's better than MAL from everything I've seen. Let's have some competition and let the best man win. I want to see us get back to the pressing style we used to play and Waters would be huge.

The staff disagreed with you.

Reaction Score
This program needs talent in the worst way.
If a talented kid wants to come here, take him.

Reaction Score
Waters isn't coming here.

Too many guards. If he didn't want to Comd before he's not now.

We already have a crafty, skilled 5'9 guard named alterique Gilbert, and he's a better player than waters by a hefty margin IMO

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The eye for talent from the staff hasn't exactly always worked out, see Bonzie Colson.

They prioritized Larrier and Abu.

An example of one of the reasons that I thought we needed a change in the staff - Colson was low-hanging fruit but the assistant recruiting him could not manage to stay in touch....

Reaction Score
They missed missed on one and the other will not be nearly as good as colson. The staff has not been killing it in recognizing talent see Bruce brown as another example.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Even the great ones don't get them all right. Calhoun did not recruit Ryan Gomes. Remember that one?

Reaction Score
Didn't they have a decent shot at Khadeen Carrington back in the day. He looks good every time I see Seton Hall.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Didn't they have a decent shot at Khadeen Carrington back in the day. He looks good every time I see Seton Hall.
Yes, but we never really went hard for him.

Bear in mind that Colson & Carrington were both ranked somewhere from 150-200 when they committed, and are exactly the type of kids certain posters are now killing KO & Co. for signing. I feel like that's important context for this discussion.

Reaction Score
Yes but as Matrim points put we didn't go hard after him. Losing Myles Powell to Seton Hall hurts as well, kid is going to he very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom