Tremont Confirme_ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tremont Confirme_

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The reality is Chief is merely taking an educated guess (with Duke out of the picture we are in a better position) while also covering his backside (far better than that red Speedo ever could) with the 11.11% margin for error. Any one of us could do this, with or without typing "quite frankly".

The sad part is once TW announces, Chief will either claim he told us first (which he really hasn't) about him becoming a Husky or claim that he did warn us that the kid could go elsewhere (if he does not commit here). He will then take a victory lap for little more than claiming 'he may come here but then again he may not', something that anyone could have posted.

Reaction Score
He had the Dookies as an interest but I think that they are out of the picture...they now have a roster, I think, with the commitment of a five star point guard...Trevon Duval

Reaction Score
From the Creighton board:

Info I got last week with Tremont was a number of new teams are in the mix, including Indiana, Seton Hall, and Maryland. It seems Waters is adding teams more than he's focusing in on his landing spot.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Oh, but Chief is bringing some hope, optimism to this board. And he's been right, or almost right, a lot recently. Thank you Chief.

Reaction Score
89% now from 78%. Still not a 100% Chief CONFIRMED that we all take comfort in but the numbers speak for themselves. I have not lowered my rating at any point during the process despite the negative media stories. However,this is not your standard recruiting story.
The next week to ten days could bring good news on a couple of fronts, although my optimistism may be an attempt to talk dudes off the ledge.
Optimistism??

Reaction Score
From the Georgetown Board:

Evidently, it was indicated on another pay site that "UConn leads"...no idea whether there is any truth to this...as many on here know, they hired Ralph Chillious as lead recruiter/Asst Head Coach (who's known as a very good recruiter)...they would be "the local favorite", but I believe that Jalen Adams
is returning as the starting point guard (unless they are selling rotating or interchanging them or using 3 guard offense or some such pitch)...but if the Waters' commitment to academics is "half the decision" AND he starts and plays 35 mns/gm from the start and is the team leader, Georgetown is the clearly
better choice.

I heard this from a friend, who said he got it from someone else...so I'm not sure of the original source...I don't subscribe to any pay sites
but I had not seen it anywhere on here so "assumed" it must have come from a pay site...probably shouldn't have made that assumption but was just passing along what I thought to be 3rd party hearsay...

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I heard this from a friend, who said he got it from someone else...so I'm not sure of the original source...I don't subscribe to any pay sites
but I had not seen it anywhere on here so "assumed" it must have come from a pay site...probably shouldn't have made that assumption but was just passing along what I thought to be 3rd party hearsay...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If your optimism is only an attempt to talk dudes off ledges, I would urge you to consider reconsidering. Just sayin.

Yeah, we could use a few less of these particular dudes.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Who changed the title? Can you change the title in a thread you started? I thought that only mods could do that, but I don't really know. But, think about it..... maybe someone else has messed with Chief's thread title! A jealous casual fan, perhaps? Or a jealous, casual moderator? This conspiracy could range wide and deep. It could go to the very top!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'll have mixed emotions if Waters does commit.On one hand he is the most talented player we've remotely had a shot at landing lately and we need him desperately, however on the other hand we will never hear the end of this from @Chief00

hmmmm

100% the same thing I was going to post. Especially cause this post doesn't actually mean much if you look at it.

C

Chief00

The reality is Chief is merely taking an educated guess (with Duke out of the picture we are in a better position) while also covering his backside (far better than that red Speedo ever could) with the 11.11% margin for error. Any one of us could do this, with or without typing "quite frankly".

The sad part is once TW announces, Chief will either claim he told us first (which he really hasn't) about him becoming a Husky or claim that he did warn us that the kid could go elsewhere (if he does not commit here). He will then take a victory lap for little more than claiming 'he may come here but then again he may not', something that anyone could have posted.

Can't win.

C

Chief00

To recap, the 'Tremont is confirmed' thread was intended to convey the fact that Tremont has not been confirmed.

So basically, today is like yesterday.
One letter closer but not two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom