Tremont Confirme_ | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tremont Confirme_

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cup. It's not official without mentioning Cup.
Always thought that would have been a great hockey name. Cup Cormier

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Thought I read he had to make a choice by today?

Reaction Score
Thought I read he had to make a choice by today?
I believe it's the last day to sign a National Letter of Intent, which means essentially nothing. This could drag out well into the summer.

Reaction Score
What is taking this kid so long to make a decision? My gosh. This is what's wrong with today's athletes. They can't make a commitment and stick with it. Sorry, but I'm not feeling it...

Reaction Score
In large part I blame the staff for allowing this charade to go on. At some point, for the overall health of the program, you should put it a deadline out there even at the expense of possibly losing the kid. No one is worth this.

Reaction Score
What is taking this kid so long to make a decision? My gosh. This is what's wrong with today's athletes. They can't make a commitment and stick with it. Sorry, but I'm not feeling it...

It's pretty simple. He is looking for the best spot for him. Duke was a real possibility for him to go in as the only point guard on the roster, so he had to wait to see how that played out. That would have been a great opportunity for him. And, UConn does have Gilbert, also a point guard, who will theoretically be a freshman next year and Adams who played point guard this year. Unfortunately, it seems like his options are now limited as not many brand name schools have a need for a point guard to walk in and start.

I would think it's a very tough decision.

Reaction Score
19 year olds should commit when I want them to commit because the world revolves around my fandom.

The fact that this kid is not considering the feelings of random middle aged men in making the most important decision in his life to date tells me all I need to know about him and, by extension, today's young people generally.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In large part I blame the staff for allowing this charade to go on. At some point, for the overall health of the program, you should put it a deadline out there even at the expense of possibly losing the kid. No one is worth this.

How does this remotely affect 'the overall health of the program'. We are not NOT signing anyone because of Waters. We have plenty of scholarships. You just move on as if nothing's happening and be happy if a stud horse falls in your lap. NOBODY outside of this board cares about the perception of this situation vis a vis the program.

Reaction Score

No kid is worth what? Having to keep checking the message board to see if there's any news?

We've got open scholarships. It's not like he's preventing us from bringing on another player. And even if he was, there's nobody else available (that we can realistically get) that's better than him.

He can pull an Andre Drummond as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
No kid is worth what? Having to keep checking the message board to see if there's any news?

We've got open scholarships. It's not like he's preventing us from bringing on another player. And even if he was, there's nobody else available (that we can realistically get) that's better than him.

He can pull an Andre Drummond as far as I'm concerned.
Think what you want, but no matter what happens this is not an Andre Drummond situation.

And yes, I highly doubt that final D from Chief will ever come.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's concerning. Just hope that if he comes our way he has the necessary loyalty and commitment to the program. He's going to be the 4th guard which still gets him plenty of court time but maybe that's the problem.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah I'd be OK with senior graham, Malik Newman and LaGerald Vick ...

They could use another Guard on the roster, but that's not much to "worry" about.

I've always been fascinated by the whole "La + first name" phenomenon, but I think LaGerald is a Mount Rushmore example. Maybe that gives Bill Self pause.

They have a freshman coming in. MARCUS GARRETT 6'5" combo guard. Marcus Garrett, Skyline, Combo Guard

I think they were willing to take Duval, thinking he'd be elite. But would rather a 2018 guard than Waters. They have reportedly promised Newman that he'd see time at PG since that would be his NBA position based on size. KU has ten offers out to 2018 PGs. Kansas 2018 Basketball Offers

Waters is not going to Kansas. It's kind of nuts to see the offer list. They have offers to the #1 player at every position. I think they'll get Grimes.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I've never been as worn out by a recruiting process and cared less about a players ultimate decision than I do about this one. That include Diablo and Stone, so that's saying something...... Just make a damn decision and move on whatever that decision is. I feel cheap and dirty for having followed this daily...... I need a shower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom