Tremont Confirme_ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tremont Confirme_

Reaction Score
I've never been as worn out by a recruiting process and cared less about a players ultimate decision than I do about this one. That include Diablo and Stone, so that's saying something. Just make a damn decision and move on whatever that decision is. I feel cheap and dirty for having followed this daily. I need a shower.
Obviously the circumstances were different but as a board we had a lot more invested in Diamond Stone. The difference is that no matter which way this one goes I don't think that psychiatrists and straight jackets will be needed in the aftermath.

Reaction Score
It's concerning. Just hope that if he comes our way he has the necessary loyalty and commitment to the program. He's going to be the 4th guard which still gets him plenty of court time but maybe that's the problem.

As frustrating as it is for us, I don't think that dragging out his decision has any affect on how loyal he will be to to program he goes to once he gets there.

Reaction Score
I've never been as worn out by a recruiting process and cared less about a players ultimate decision than I do about this one. That include Diablo and Stone, so that's saying something. Just make a damn decision and move on whatever that decision is. I feel cheap and dirty for having followed this daily. I need a shower.

We know he wants the big stage/ fame.

Maybe Tremont is an avid Boneyard reader and is dragging this on as long as possible so he can sign in everyday
and read hundreds of posts dedicated to agonizing over him and describing how much we all want him to come here.

We all know how much the 'yard impacts recruiting....

Reaction Score
Like most of those who have posted about Tremont, I think he is a very good player and has the potential to add great production to our current line-up. No players produce at their potential level every night and teams that have multiple players who can have a big game have more potential to win. That's why we were so strapped last year. We didn't have bench players who could come in and produce if the starters were off. But Tremont is less of a need at his position for next year than a scoring wing or a solid post player. We may have some of those in the players we have recruited, but right now we don't know how they will produce at the college level. So I don't think we should jump the ledge if he doesn't commit, but just be extremely happy if he does. We can definitely get by with our guard complement assuming that Alterique comes back healthy and ready to play, but having another quick high production guard is always a good thing at UCONN. If he doesn't see us as a way to showcase his skills in college basketball I think he is trying to find something that doesn't exist out there. There are more high profile places--but do they have the room and will he get the kind of PT he could get here?? I tend to doubt it. So we should relax about his decision. We should be OK no matter what he decides.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I remember this was end of August... was on a several day trip to Hershey, PA and wearing my UConn hat. Another UConn fan saw my hat and mentioned that Drummond just announced and that really blindsided me as not expecting to hear that.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
None of what any of them are doing makes any sense. You know absolutely everything you need to know to make a decision by now. What could you possibly be waiting on
The only possible explanation is aliens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know this might sound crazy, but the deadline for people to withdrawal from the NBA draft is May 24th. Depending on who stays and goes, he might get new offers.

Reaction Score
I know this might sound crazy, but the deadline for people to withdrawal from the NBA draft is May 24th. Depending on who stays and goes, he might get new offers.

This is a good point and not crazy to take note of but I don't think it applies to any of the big time schools he was supposedly most interested in. Frank Jackson isn't coming back, Kansas has no one on the fence, only Hami for UK - not the same position and UK already has a 5*PG coming in (I know we have Alterique but UK isn't going to go with 2 midget guards with all the 5* wings on that roster.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The only sense we could make of this is if Bamba had a change of heart and followed Diarra back north! LOL

I wouldn't recognize this board if that happened.

Reaction Score
Seems the whole "national signing day" is completely irrelevant now, no? It does not matter if they sign today or not. They just have to be there for the first day of classes. If I were one of these kids, I wouldn't sign a NLI either.

Reaction Score
Seems the whole "national signing day" is completely irrelevant now, no? It does not matter if they sign today or not. They just have to be there for the first day of classes. If I were one of these kids, I wouldn't sign a NLI either.

Think signing day is usually the first day of the period, when recruits who committed before but couldn't sign can then all sign.

But yeah, no reason to sign a NLI.

Reaction Score
Signing an NLI is completely irrelevant now as well. If a kid requests a release, he gets it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom