Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I guess I don't understand the COVID eligibility rules. I thought you were allowed to play 4 years of college, but the 2020 football season did not count as a season of eligibility. Mensah has played 4 years and he did not play in 2020 and he has been at UConn for 5 years. That said, he is listed in the portal.
With Covid, you are technically allowed to play 5

Reaction Score
With Covid, you are technically allowed to play 5
The NCAA didn't count the 2020 season against a player's eligibility which is how some kids can play for 5 years including 2020. But, UConn did not play in 2020. So, do UConn players have a different rule applied to them?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
The NCAA didn't count the 2020 season against a player's eligibility which is how some kids can play for 5 years including 2020. But, UConn did not play in 2020. So, do UConn players have a different rule applied to them?
Oh I see what you're saying. So in theory if last year was normal he wouldn't have had eligibility for this year. I have no idea how he's in the portal with eligibility lol

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 7/30/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock
DB Jeremy Lucien
QB Jack Zergiotis
OL Femi Sakiri
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston
OL Sidney Walker
DB Jalon Ferrell
DB Terrance GanyI
DL Pierce DeVaughn
RB Kevin Mensah
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau
I know I'm being greedy but is it possible to somehow mark the kids that are looking to be grad transfers?

I feel like having a kid who has earned their degree enter the portal makes more sense to me and isn't as big of a blow than losing a kid with 2-3 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I know I'm being greedy but is it possible to somehow mark the kids that are looking to be grad transfers?

I feel like having a kid who has earned their degree enter the portal makes more sense to me and isn't as big of a blow than losing a kid with 2-3 years of eligibility.
I like the idea, but I in no way asking Medic to do more than he already does.

Reaction Score

I like the idea, but I in no way asking Medic to do more than he already does.
Its not a work load issue - I just don’t always know unless they announce it as such. We had grad transfers w/ 3 years of eligibility floating around.

Reaction Score
Seems to me that JM and staff wants to get us BIGGER (more developed) now instead of later... Honestly, we can't afford to be a work in progress only any longer....

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 7/30/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock
DB Jeremy Lucien
QB Jack Zergiotis
OL Femi Sakiri
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston
OL Sidney Walker
DB Jalon Ferrell
DB Terrance GanyI
DL Pierce DeVaughn
RB Kevin Mensah
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau
From huskymedic's Houston game notes, here are the players that were honored on senior day. Some of them are showing up in the portal, but they were expected to leave the program. I still can't figure out how Mensah has more eligibility.

Honored on senior day:
  1. LS Kevin Cahill
  2. LB Omar Fortt
  3. WR Jahkhai Gill
  4. WR Cam Hairston
  5. DB Diamond Harrell
  6. PK Noah Iden
  7. DL Travis Jones
  8. LS Brian Keating
  9. QB Micah Leon
  10. RB Kevin Mensah
  11. LB DJ Morgan
  12. OL Jonathon Pace
  13. OL Peter Rooney
  14. TE Jay Rose
  15. LB Ian Swenson
  16. OL Ryan Van Demark
  17. OL Sidney Walker
  18. DB Kyle Williams

Reaction Score
From huskymedic's Houston game notes, here are the players that were honored on senior day. Some of them are showing up in the portal, but they were expected to leave the program. I still can't figure out how Mensah has more eligibility.

Honored on senior day:
  1. LS Kevin Cahill
  2. LB Omar Fortt
  3. WR Jahkhai Gill
  4. WR Cam Hairston
  5. DB Diamond Harrell
  6. PK Noah Iden
  7. DL Travis Jones
  8. LS Brian Keating
  9. QB Micah Leon
  10. RB Kevin Mensah
  11. LB DJ Morgan
  12. OL Jonathon Pace
  13. OL Peter Rooney
  14. TE Jay Rose
  15. LB Ian Swenson
  16. OL Ryan Van Demark
  17. OL Sidney Walker
  18. DB Kyle Williams
In the continued search for good news …. 18 are leaving, 1/3 of whom started?

More good news, we complain of PTSD here, but can you imagine what a kid like Swenson went thru since agreeing to join fancy pants too many years ago. That kid should get a special award.

Reaction Score

More good news, we complain of PTSD here, but can you imagine what a kid like Swenson went thru since agreeing to join fancy pants too many years ago. That kid should get a special award.
Kid is my personal favorite player. Always plays hard regardless of score and has had a lot of injuries to overcome.

Reaction Score
Leaves the llinebackers with the most playing time in Jackson, Webb and Morrison.Think Ganyi played a little bit at LB in 2019? and he's gone. Travis led team in sacks and TFLs. Oy.

Reaction Score
It is believed that Swenson has been asked and is coming back for another year;

Yeah, Swenson seemed like the only surprise, because of his SR day honor, when they put out the 2022 roster last week. I assumed he was done, but glad to see him back as the 2nd leading tackler. Also noticed they list the Miami transfer Robert Burns back for a 2nd year as a Grad which gives Uconn a total of only 5 Grads and SR's ( K. Jones, Wortham, Uguak the others) next year.

2022 Football Roster - University of Connecticut

Reaction Score

I thought Swenson played very well the second half of this season ( he was dealing with some injuries earlier in the year) and in a couple of games he was our best linebacker on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom