Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whenever we see players heading to the transfer portal, it seems like folks downplay their ability to play at the D1 level.

However, its worth noting that players like Darrian Beavers are going to play on Sundays. He's going to be a problem for Alabama.

So, when looking back on the transfer purge of last year, this year (past years and future years), I think its important to acknowledge the guys who did leave on their own accord and A.) thank them for the time they gave to this program, and B.) realize that their absence has pushed the timetable for success, for this program, back... (years...)

That being said, I will be rooting for Beavers and Tunstall in the College Football Playoff.

So many posters dismissed the possibility, and look.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Whenever we see players heading to the transfer portal, it seems like folks downplay their ability to play at the D1 level.

However, its worth noting that players like Darrian Beavers are going to play on Sundays. He's going to be a problem for Alabama.

So, when looking back on the transfer purge of last year, this year (past years and future years), I think its important to acknowledge the guys who did leave on their own accord and A.) thank them for the time they gave to this program, and B.) realize that their absence has pushed the timetable for success, for this program, back... (years...)

That being said, I will be rooting for Beavers and Tunstall in the College Football Playoff.

So many posters dismissed the possibility, and look.

There are reasons kids leave: in Beavers case, he had a child in or near Cincinnati and left here to come back home. You can't begrudge him for a family situation.

In Tunstall's case, we had a young LT in front of him that we had invested a year into and he decided to go to Stony Brook to get playing time before transferring to Cinnci. Not every kid who left wasn't a good player. Systems and fit play a big part as well.

Reaction Score
Any kid who has graduated has good reason to enter the transfer portal. It will take Mora another 2-3 years to get this program to a 4 or 5 win season. Who wants to hang around for more sad Saturdays at the Rent?

Reaction Score
Needed better players as well. Hopefully they’ll get some for next year.

Reaction Score
There should have been 4 or 5 wins in 2021 if there was competent coaching. 1 win, 2 two point losses, and losses to UMass and Holy Cross.

Just makes Mora's accomplishment in 2022 look far better. if we win 5 ...

Reaction Score
and I count three faster highly ranked DE typed over the weekend. Methinks the connection is obvious

Reaction Score
and I count three faster highly ranked DE typed over the weekend. Methinks the connection is obvious
What’s the connection ? You think they would reduce DeVaughns playing time to zero?

Reaction Score
What’s the connection ? You think they would reduce DeVaughns playing time to zero?

I am speculating that Mora et al ... knew that specific DEs on the roster were waivering or talking about portal. Then, the two recommits and the Vancouver kid became a priority. We have 3 or 4 guys returning. My focus is on Kevon Jones and/or Lwal Uguak: did they walk Senior Day?

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 6/30/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock
DB Jeremy Lucien
QB Jack Zergiotis
OL Femi Sakiri
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston
OL Sidney Walker
DB Jalon Ferrell
DB Terrance GanyI
DL Pierce DeVaughn

Yesterday's statistics: over 760 kid in Portal since Sept - approx 16% had found a home.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I haven’t seen an official commitment yet, but Jeremy Lucien is tweeting as if he’s leaning towards Vanderbilt. Not sure if he just hasn’t announced or if I missed something.

Reaction Score
Mensah never redshirted prior to the Covid year (2020). So he gets 4 years of play + redshirt + extra covid year.

Reaction Score
Didn't know he had eligibility left.
I guess I don't understand the COVID eligibility rules. I thought you were allowed to play 4 years of college, but the 2020 football season did not count as a season of eligibility. Mensah has played 4 years and he did not play in 2020 and he has been at UConn for 5 years. That said, he is listed in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom