Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
I think this take is wrong. Players are going to want to get on the field, and the transfer portal enables that. How many third year 4 stars are going to stick around if they have not seen the field yet outside of garbage time?

How is my take wrong? The kid in the transfer portal heading to UCONN is not as good a player as the kid who won the starting slot. Doesn’t that assure haves and have nots?

Reaction Score
Not to mention, who is going to pay someone NIL money out of their own pocket to keep them around if they're not getting on the field.

The top echelon programs will funnel money to kids to retain them to develop depth in their programs. They will figure a way to get that done. Now, if they think a kid won’t pan out then all bets are off and that kid will head to the portal. I don’t believe for one minute that any of these elite programs are following NIL rules, to the extent there are any.

Reaction Score
NIL! Transfer Portal! Injuries! Not every player is aspiring or capable to get to the next level but some are. No one on here knows and will never know why a player leaves or stays . Honestly I am tired of the negativity that exist on the Boneyard of late.

The best to Nate Carter and I hope this all works out as he hopes it will. My advise is don’t look back but remember your time at UCONN will forever be a part of you

Reaction Score
He lived through a season in hell last year. Having said that, he wasnt involved in any of the last three big wins to clinch the bowl bid this year.. Houston, Rosa and (know he’s done) Burns helped propel this team to those wins. three years of eligibility left and he’s a husky for life…just doesn’t sound right. I trust that Mora‘s contacts and the team‘s improved image will help us land another tteam’s castoff.

Reaction Score
He lived through a season in hell last year. Having said that, he wasnt involved in any of the last three big wins to clinch the bowl bid this year.. Houston, Rosa and (know he’s done) Burns helped propel this team to those wins. three years of eligibility left and he’s a husky for life…just doesn’t sound right. I trust that Mora‘s contacts and the team‘s improved image will help us land another tteam’s castoff.

I wouldn’t stand in the way of someone trying to do better for themselves but, kids who stay/finish here deserve to be Huskies for life.

Not everyone gets that. Let’s at least have something for the people who chose to stay.

Even the ones that wanted to stay but couldn’t deserve that more.

Reaction Score
I get why staffs and programs would keep up appearances and wish these kids well when they transfer, but why do fans do it? Seems like virtue signaling to me.

hope carter gets stuck on the bench. good riddance. next man up.

Reaction Score
I get why staffs and programs would keep up appearances and wish these kids well when they transfer, but why do fans do it? Seems like virtue signaling to me.

Played 15 games. Still has three years of eligibility. Barely a husky.

Reaction Score
This is a bummer, but not surprised. FWIW Learned that he might hit the portal couples weeks ago before our RB coach even left for Nebraska. If yall were following the running back room/followed spring ball leading to fall camp. We had Will Knight as RB1, Brewton as RB2, and Carter as RB3. During fall camp it was Carter who came out on top, but I bet Carter was not convinced going into spring ball he will be RB1 because Mora is obviously bringing in Running backs. On top of that, you have Brewton, Houston and Victor Rosa so it’s gonna be a crowded running back room. We obviously showed this year that we can put a decent running back behind our O-line and they will do well. I hate he is leaving but Best of luck to Carter wherever he goes, but I’m sure he is doing what is best for him. Like Mora said, next man up mentality.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is my take wrong? The kid in the transfer portal heading to UCONN is not as good a player as the kid who won the starting slot. Doesn’t that assure haves and have nots?

Your opinion of two players is the final word on the issue. Got it.

If you think players prefer sitting on the bench rather than playing in the short window of their eligibility, then your take is the right one. If you think football players want to actually play football, then your take is wrong.

Reaction Score
You obviously don't follow this stuff. UConn is way way way behind in NIL. These collectives that were announced have been around for years at other schools including FCS and lower. A lot of that is because of state legislation.

I am also not sure what world you are living in about the payouts, that is just complete dreamland it is insane. Northwestern which currently has a deal that pays out 20 times what we get in media rights is suddenly going to be making a third of us? Yeah, sure.
I'll explain. Northwestern is currently making an equal share to what everyone in the BIG10 is making. This is not close to the actual value that the school provides. Given the University of Illinois already carries the state of Illinois in regards to cable boxes and Northwestern is terrible at sports, then Northwestern adds very little marginal value as a small private school that no one cares about athletically besides a small number of alumni and the students.

The top schools in the BIG10 and the people paying for TV contracts do not want to pay Northwestern $75+ million per year (or whatever is an equal share of the BIG10 contract). So the logical conclusion is that in the future the TV networks will negotiate directly with individual schools instead of conferences. The tradition of negotiating with conferences will be broken because there is too much money at stake now for the highest value schools to have loyalty to other schools in the same conference. The historical norms have been completely thrown out the window recently (ex. USC and UCLA are now in the BIG10)

It's reasonable for you to disagree with me, but there is definitely a possibility of what I'm saying coming true because there is an incentive by both the most powerful schools and the TV networks to cut out the oversized payments to schools that clearly provide less value than what they are currently receiving in payouts.

Reaction Score
I mean generally top programs over recruit. If they have a kid who will be their starting QB for 3 years, they don't stop recruiting QBs, or whatever other position group. So there have always been kids who can play in college football sitting behind other kids just in a numbers game. That's why big programs can often throw in the backup and he's pretty much just as good at whatever position. TLDR: The backups at big programs can play, but they may see no time on the field. Maybe they were lied to in recruiting, maybe they just lost a position battle to someone better. Doesn't mean they can't play and wouldn't want a chance elsewhere.

Reaction Score

I just want to know if he's ever been to Nebraska. Thing is we shouldn't expect an honest explanation on anything related to transfers. Éverybody loves each other but see ya later. Thanks for investing all that time with me through rehab.

Reaction Score
Your opinion of two players is the final word on the issue. Got it.

If you think players prefer sitting on the bench rather than playing in the short window of their eligibility, then your take is the right one. If you think football players want to actually play football, then your take is wrong.
That’s not even remotely the point I made.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That’s not even remotely the point I made.

That is exactly what you said. Unless there is a change in the scholarship rules, for every player that comes in, someone has to leave. And unless there is a change in the rules of football, only 11 players can be on the field at once no matter what team you are.

Ergo, if Alabama wants to bring someone in to start, that means one less starter spot is available for the players that were already there. And the players already on the bench know that not only are they competing for playing time with each other, but also with every other player in the country. How many of these Alabama bench players will like those odds? North Carolina's didn't like them yesterday.

Reaction Score
That is exactly what you said. Unless there is a change in the scholarship rules, for every player that comes in, someone has to leave. And unless there is a change in the rules of football, only 11 players can be on the field at once no matter what team you are.

Ergo, if Alabama wants to bring someone in to start, that means one less starter spot is available for the players that were already there. And the players already on the bench know that not only are they competing for playing time with each other, but also with every other player in the country. How many of these Alabama bench players will like those odds? North Carolina's didn't like them yesterday.

Yeah, well, like I said, that's not my point and honestly nelson, I think you like to argue for the sake of arguing........

Be well.

Reaction Score
There is no reason why we can’t be the top G5 destination for portal transfers based on facilities and the staff. We need Mora to stay a few years. If we can make that a reality we can be a regular top 30-40 team with an occasional jump to 20-25. Troy is ranked. Liberty was ranked. We can do better. But we need a bowl tie in(s).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
TBF, Hurley brought two players with him from Rhody and we were fine with that. I'm sure Rhody wasn't thrilled.

Reaction Score
There is no reason why we can’t be the top G5 destination for portal transfers based on facilities and the staff. We need Mora to stay a few years. If we can make that a reality we can be a regular top 30-40 team with an occasional jump to 20-25. Troy is ranked. Liberty was ranked. We can do better. But we need a bowl tie in(s).
Do we really need a bowl tie in to some low level bowl? If UConn is ranked 20th go 40th they're in no? Legit question as I don't know the answer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
TBF, Hurley brought two players with him from Rhody and we were fine with that. I'm sure Rhody wasn't thrilled.
He brought a recruit and the other transfer in after staying a couple years at URI

Reaction Score
Do we really need a bowl tie in to some low level bowl? If UConn is ranked 20th go 40th they're in no? Legit question as I xong know ghe answer.

Never said low level, but we need a tie-in to ensure that we have landing spot, regardless of how many bowl eligible teams there are. If we can surf the bowl landscape and get in for a higher payout, thats awesome, but we need a backup plan just in case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom