Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
This is probably a controversial take....and I will probably get scolded by BL...but do we think there was a little tension between Mora and Carter regarding how Carter treated his injury?

As I recall...Carter had an option to play through it...similar to Houston. I remember Mora saying it was Carter's choice. Mora's openness about it being Carter's decision...and the way he praised Houston...makes me wonder if he wasn't disappointed that Carter didn't play through it. And maybe Carter was not happy with the pressure to play and decided to move on.

I am not saying anyone is wrong here...but part of the reason Carter could be leaving could be he didn't feel like he fit with Mora or the other coaches.
Yes, absolutely

Reaction Score
I would not be shocked ti see CuSe, BC or even RU get involved with Carter. He is really good. Whatever the reason, he chose to move on, but Rosa is a similar sized back and Houston is a smaller homerun hitter. What we need is the bruiser in the Burns mold to complement what's there with the aforementioned two and Brewton who is also a small back.

Reaction Score
This comment has nothing to do with Carter in particular. In fact, from everything I've seen and read of him he seems like an upstanding young man and he is certainly a talent on the field.

I think the portal is a mixed blessing for a lot of these kids. It's the right thing to do given the way coaches behave - as soon as a enough guaranteed money comes along they are gone. So how do you ask kids to sit out and give up a year of eligibility? I get it. But, how many young people will have the discipline to recognize that their best interest may be served by sticking with a program and developing? Many, maybe most, will not have the experience, patience or perspective to make sound decisions in that regard. Many will certainly benefit from the portal, but I have little doubt that many will make hasty decisions because something at a given moment didn't break their way.
I think you only need to look at all the kids left in the portal last year to agree with this. They gave up a scholly and ended up with nothing. It’s not all roses. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out after a few years.

Reaction Score
My point on Carter is that people seemed to think it was a given that he was going to Nebraska following Barthel. Yet, he has been in the portal 2 days and no Nebraska offer even though Nebraska seems to be offering other players (didn't see any RBs) in the portal.
If he committed to Nebraska as soon as he entered the portal it obviously looked like he was poached by Barthel as soon as EJ got the new coaching job. If Carter goes to another school I will obviously be eating some crow.

Reaction Score
I think you only need to look at all the kids left in the portal last year to agree with this. They gave up a scholly and ended up with nothing. It’s not all roses. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out after a few years.

I don’t think the issue is who gets left behind. I think this group of kids are happy here. We may get a few more but, this appears to be a happy family for the most part.

Reaction Score
Anyone else surprised we have only had one player go in the portal so far?
This is a very good sign that we are going to retain most of our starters and talented players this year.

However, defensive players are likely waiting to see who the D-coordinator is to determine how they will fit into the new system. Some players may be waiting to see if coaches from other schools show interest. There's also a group of players that will transfer in the spring if they end up further down the depth chart than they expected.

Most programs will lose at least 10 players to transfer each year and I don't expect UConn to be different.
However, this isn't a bad thing because players who don't fit into the current system or are 3rd or 4th+ on the depth chart should pursue options at other schools.

Reaction Score
This is a very good sign that we are going to retain most of our starters and talented players this year.

However, defensive players are likely waiting to see who the D-coordinator is to determine how they will fit into the new system. Some players may be waiting to see if coaches from other schools show interest. There's also a group of players that will transfer in the spring if they end up further down the depth chart than they expected.

Most programs will lose at least 10 players to transfer each year and I don't expect UConn to be different.
However, this isn't a bad thing because players who don't fit into the current system or are 3rd or 4th+ on the depth chart should pursue options at other schools.
I think with Mora and the defensive assistant in place I don’t see a change in system that should worry people

Reaction Score

We need to wait until after bowl game. Why would a player pass on that, esp after all the shizz they’ve been thru.

Reaction Score
This is probably a controversial take....and I will probably get scolded by BL...but do we think there was a little tension between Mora and Carter regarding how Carter treated his injury?

As I recall...Carter had an option to play through it...similar to Houston. I remember Mora saying it was Carter's choice. Mora's openness about it being Carter's decision...and the way he praised Houston...makes me wonder if he wasn't disappointed that Carter didn't play through it. And maybe Carter was not happy with the pressure to play and decided to move on.

I am not saying anyone is wrong here...but part of the reason Carter could be leaving could be he didn't feel like he fit with Mora or the other coaches.
If he ends up at UMass or Akron you'll have a good argument for your theory................

Reaction Score
If he ends up at UMass or Akron you'll have a good argument for your theory................
More likely than that theory is that he ran for a bunch of yards against a crappy FBS and and FCS opponent, then went up against the big boys and did average at best, then got hurt. His resume is nothing special and he is coming off an injury. Is there a lot of potential in what I saw, yeah for sure, but nothing has been proven at all. So yeah, the worst teams in the country will take him, but anyone other than that, what is the point with 100 other larger, healthier backs with a better resume against P5 competition in the portal?

Reaction Score

Season isnt over yet... players get to play in a bowl game not to mention they sometimes get pretty cool and not to mention free swag for being in a bowl. I for sure would wait, especially since it is an early bowl.

Reaction Score
, we can only hope he cares as much about NC's future as many here do and didn't simply pull him away to make himself look good.
Homer Simpson Animation GIF by FOX TV

Reaction Score
Not the miliatry expert but If I remember correctly they can leave without penalty before the start of their junior year (before their Affirmation Ceremony).
You can also leave after but have to pay tuition back. You also don't have to commission in the service the academy is for...but that's rare.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom