Transfers (merged threads) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It is my understanding the ACC intra-conference rule of losing a year of eligibility just changed and is in effect moving forward. So, these Georgia Tech players just have to deal with the single transfer rule of sitting out.

One would think the precedent has been set at Nebraska, a la J Shepherd and her fellow Cornhuskers that left after the Yori allegations and firing, Balougn and Dixon “should be” eligible next season. Should be.

I guess we will be waiting a while to hear. They are season changers for us next year if they play, though. We have Ramani Parker ( some size) coming in, but she will need time to adjust to the college game.

It would make all the sense in the ACC World for those rules to change -- I simply can't imagine Coach Walz using two of his scholarships on the players that would have to possibly sit out and lose a year each to ACC rules. That said, I have not seen those revisions and if you, or anyone else has them, it would be great to post on the board. And, if true, all power for Coach Walz for jumping all over this quickly.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I can't find anything on the web about the ACC rule change either. I have asked a local reporter, who mentioned it in her story, for a link about the rule change.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I recall transfer rule changes were discussed at last spring's ACC meetings but I'm not sure there was ever a vote to change the rules.

Last edited:

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
3E332518-CE4E-400A-8CA1-258AA25D281C.png
3E332518-CE4E-400A-8CA1-258AA25D281C.png

Reaction Score
I'm a bit ticked off as I post his comments in their entirety yet got knocked off too.....

You posted his comments all the time but never clicked the follow button? All he did was make his account private so if you followed him nothing changes.

Reaction Score
You posted his comments all the time but never clicked the follow button? All he did was make his account private so if you followed him nothing changes.

I've done that but it's been stuck on pending for two days now.........

Reaction Score
Women’s Basketball Transfers: Fall 2018–Summer 2019 A third Maryland player from the #1 ranked 2016 class to transfer - 6-0 G Sarah Myers. She was their lone recruit not ranked in the top-100.

Not a loss for them at all. She didn't play much plus they got some big time recruits coming in. Some kids I can understand transferring for playing time. You only have 4 years and once its over, its over.

Reaction Score
Sarah Myers has put her name in the transfer portal. She should graduate in three years so she'll can be a graduate transfer for some program.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrooks is indeed transferring
I will say this, KJH handles the public response correctly on this. Good first few steps out of her. I wonder who her recruiting coordinator will be? Other than that, it would be hard to do less than what Holly did so her future looks brighter. :cool: (Relatively speaking).....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrooks is indeed transferring
If I were Evina Oregon or Oregon State would be my first choices. I think she waited to finally say she is transferring in order to get confirmed offers from the colleges she wants. With Ionescu staying Scott's house looks like a nice landing spot. It'll be a nice get for a guy that doesn't get many.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that she would end up at UCONN. Oregon and Oregon State are loaded with guards. UCONN is in need of bodies and she wants to go to a program with the best coaching and a chance to get to a final four and compete for a national title. It wouldn’t be a shock if she looks at UCONN .....

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that she would end up at UCONN. Oregon and Oregon State are loaded with guards. UCONN is in need of bodies and she wants to go to a program with the best coaching and a chance to get to a final four and compete for a national title. It wouldn’t be a shock if she looks at UCONN .....
And what is the source of this "Rumor"??? I personally don't believe that Geno and CD would necessarily be interested in her.

Reaction Score

Show me one example of this so-called rumor.

Or even easier, mention one website where such a rumor was reported.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dave Duval said he was told by a bunch of young golfers that they wish they'd have played against Tiger in his prime. Duval's answer to them was, "The hell you do!" Two Westbrook's for the price of one? The hell Geno does!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom