Transfers (merged threads) | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since there are going to be a bunch perhaps time for a new page.............hard to say which if any would have an appeal to UConn

Reaction Score
this one is also in new news.........I wonder if she could help UConn?

Reaction Score
These transfers mean nothing.. they both need to sit out a year.. waiver looks unlikely. We need players for next season!! Only thing I see is reported on the vols board it’s been mentioned the Esterbrook and Davis will most “Likely” transfer out. And word has it that if so Rennia Davis would be down to UCONN and Oregon.( these players would get a immediate waiver due to coaching change and could play right away for there new respected school... if they do indeed transfer and that’s a if...) Not sure how true it is. But Davis is a athletic 6’2 guard/foward that was one of there best players. Horston if she goes was close to Louisville after Tennessee, If waltz gets the job she stays.. I just don’t see waltz leaving Louisville. But this is all speculation on the vols board. Something to keep and eye on for sure.

Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton was a highs scoring guard in high school. Which is why she made McDonalds AA. Watched her in the World 3X3's and she was not recognizable from the player she was in high school. Her metabolism changed and she looked like a very short P player. She has worked hard to get back into shape but you can just do so much to fight metabolism. What happened to KML during her latter years at Uconnj hit Destiny much earlier. But KML is much taller and a great 3pt shooter not a PG. Destiny was always's just a 5'9" volume shooter. I doubt too many schools will be knocking at her door.

Reaction Score
These transfers mean nothing.. they both need to sit out a year.. waiver looks unlikely. We need players for next season!! Only thing I see is reported on the vols board it’s been mentioned the Esterbrook and Davis will most “Likely” transfer out. And word has it that if so Rennia Davis would be down to UCONN and Oregon.( these players would get a immediate waiver due to coaching change and could play right away for there new respected school... if they do indeed transfer and that’s a if...) Not sure how true it is. But Davis is a athletic 6’2 guard/foward that was one of there best players. Horston if she goes was close to Louisville after Tennessee, If waltz gets the job she stays.. I just don’t see waltz leaving Louisville. But this is all speculation on the vols board. Something to keep and eye on for sure.
"waiver looks unlikely. "

Unless you're Notre Dame

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was bout to say... KML is a UConn legend, regardless of her obstacles she still managed to be a Top 5 all-time scorer (while sitting during blowouts) not sure where she stands on the scoring list today.
THE LEWIS LAUNCH

1553885723466.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Since there are going to be a bunch perhaps time for a new page...hard to say which if any would have an appeal to UConn

No. The NCAA and schools only. There have been request to make it public.

Before the splitting of boards, hadn't Vowelguy or Coco put together a Grad Transfer thread?
Or was it a transfer thread that featured grads?

I remember it had a "crowd-sourced" listing of grad transfers (Coco), which would be very helpful for schools like, say, UConn and Notre Dame; both of whom are going to be pretty light on scholarship players next year.

Perhaps that list could be put on here as a sourcing document....an informal transfer portal listing?

Reaction Score
If Davis is looking to transfer, I hope she gives UConn a look. Of the current Tennessee players, she has the most potential to be great. Did UConn recruit her in high school?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is not correct. A run of the mill coaching change due to end of contract or a firing like Holly"s is not and has never been a criteria for the transfer waiver. The old standard was : Egregious behavior impacting a student-athlete.
The new standards as of April 2018 are : An academic element, a requirement that the first school not oppose the waiver, and that the transfer was because of something outside that student’s control.

The April 2018 standards are under review and the NCAA is expected to have new or revised standards in place by August.

If TN opposes the waiver these players must sit. Additionally for the incoming freshmen like Horston, It is TN option to release them from the signed NLI. Without a release from TN, Horston cannot contact any other schools.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Before the splitting of boards, hadn't Vowelguy or Coco put together a Grad Transfer thread?

I remember it had a "crowd-sourced" listing of grad transfers (Coco), which would be very helpful for schools like, say, UConn and Notre Dame; both of whom are going to be pretty light on scholarship players next year.

Perhaps that list could be put on here as a sourcing document....an informal transfer portal listing?
Updating the running list for those keeping track . 2nd great addition by @Dillon77.

SG: Hannah Friend 6’1” Sacramento State
SG: Aliyah Jeune 6’1” Morehead State
PG: Ali Patberg 5’10” Indiana
SF: Kia Gillespie 6’1” MD Florida State
SG: Borislava Hristova 6'0" Washington St.
SG: Haley Gorecki 6’1” Duke
SG: Kitija Laska 6’1” South Florida
SG/W Brenna Wise 6'0" Indiana
P: Beatrice Mompremier 6’4” Baylor, Miami.
P: Erin DeGrate 6’4” Louisville, Texas Tech.
PG: Taja Cole 5’7” Louisville, UGA
F: Jordan Hosey 6’2” Texas
F: Victoria Gaines 6’1” Michigan State
F: Ayana Mitchell 6’2” LSU
G: Laura Cornelius Miami
F:Mariella Fasoula, 6-5" Vandy

Reaction Score

we have an existing grad transfer thread somewhere....................I believe the transfer thread was closed, that's why I started another one................not sure if we should have a dedicated UConn transfer thread but that's difficult because who's to say what player would be of interest to Geno & Co...........take Littleton for instance who is clearly a talented player but what if any interest would she have in UConn or them in her?

Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton was a highs scoring guard in high school. Which is why she made McDonalds AA. Watched her in the World 3X3's and she was not recognizable from the player she was in high school. Her metabolism changed and she looked like a very short P player. She has worked hard to get back into shape but you can just do so much to fight metabolism. What happened to KML during her latter years at Uconnj hit Destiny much earlier. But KML is much taller and a great 3pt shooter not a PG. Destiny was always's just a 5'9" volume shooter. I doubt too many schools will be knocking at her door.

ya never know what UConn's staff could do with her if she was willing to get in great shape.............I suspect she's certainly better then just about any junior college transfer although she'd have to sit out a year most likely........

Reaction Score

It's more likely referring to Westbrook.

Reaction Score
If Elizabeth Balogun and Elizabeth Dixon are transferring, I think they could help out too, although they wouldn’t have immediate eligibility, they would essentially join Aubrey.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Have not read about Fasoula putting her name into the portal, but another Vandy starter has, starting guard Cierra Walker. I can't figure if she's a true junior or a graduating one.

Also, I just can't see Patberg leaving Indiana after leading them into the 2nd round of the NCAA's. Virtually the entire team comes back and there's a pretty good frosh class joining her. Plus, she looks happy there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With all these players transferring, whose going to suit up for these squads next year ?!?!:confused:

Reaction Score
If Davis does leave UT I could see her going back to FSU or Miami. I think she was close to committing to one of those school before UT. She's on the course for early graduation also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom