Transfers (merged threads) | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the ESPN Article:

When I picked a college, I wanted a school where I can make an impact right away," Bueckers said. "Crystal [Dangerfield] is a point guard. I'm a point guard. But I don't want to take that for granted.
Dangerfield's 2020 graduation, Bueckers said, "was a big thought for me, but I didn't want that to be my whole decision. Anything can happen. I don't want to get a big head and say, 'Oh, I'm going to UConn, and I'm going to start right away.'"

She does list Crystal’s graduation as a “big thought.”

Thanks for the exact quote which I think speaks for itself.

Dangerfield's 2020 graduation, Bueckers said, "was a big thought for me, but I didn't want that to be my whole decision. Anything can happen. I don't want to get a big head and say, 'Oh, I'm going to UConn, and I'm going to start right away.'"

Paige clearly has the correct perspective. The opportunity is clearly in her hands but it is best if she competes for it.

Reaction Score
I know that Coach Auriemma doesn't promise playing time to ANYBODY, and EVERYTHING is earned at UConn. Bueckers is still starting every game she is in a UConn uniform, she is just that good!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Then Oregon it is!!! Oregon is on a recruiting frenzy landed top guard last week and just landed top
30 6-4 post player yesterday. Sadly it’s Oregon, home state, and Oregon is the favorites to win it all next season and she will get the ncaa waiver and play right away. She will be surrounded with amazing talent and they have plenty of room at the guard position for her. Yes it’s Sabrina ‘s team but if the source in credible it’s a no brainer.. she’s headed to Oregon. Now we can put this whole thing to bed and focus on next season
Is this another "opinion" or "prediction" because with you I can never tell? You previously predicted that she was "definitively" not coming to UCONN. Now you see to be predicting that she will end up in Oregon. In a way you are kind of where you started=Not any better at predicting.

Reaction Score

These players are public figures who charge money (or who will be charging money soon) to see them perform. These are not teenagers from private life who live down the street.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
These players are public figures who charge money (or who will be charging money soon) to see them perform. These are not teenagers from private life who live down the street.
The "players" have never charge you a dime to come watch them play. Stop it.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Then Oregon it is!!! Oregon is on a recruiting frenzy landed top guard last week and just landed top
30 6-4 post player yesterday. Sadly it’s Oregon, home state, and Oregon is the favorites to win it all next season and she will get the ncaa waiver and play right away. She will be surrounded with amazing talent and they have plenty of room at the guard position for her. Yes it’s Sabrina ‘s team but if the source in credible it’s a no brainer.. she’s headed to Oregon. Now we can put this whole thing to bed and focus on next season
Is this another "opinion" or "prediction" because with you I can never tell? You previously predicted that she was "definitively" not coming to UCONN. Now you see to be predicting that she will end up in Oregon. In a way you are kind of where you started=Not any better at predicting.
Trust me, it's their gut feeling. You know just like the one that had Evina spending the weekend with Megan and therefore Evina was UConn bound.Head bang:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The "players" have never charge you a dime to come watch them play. Stop it.

No you stop it. Their performance isn't free. A sport becomes a business as soon as there is a turnstile. These young women want people to come, pay the money and watch them perform. I'm sure there are a few in the stands who are ogling them. That doesn't make all those who come to the game creepy. The players put themselves on public display. Adults interview them before and after games.

If this was high school males I suspect you would have no comment. And if I had a teenage daughter I would be concerned. But I wouldn't start suggesting on a public forum that other people I don't know appear creepy based solely on a feeling.

Reaction Score
Why do you care what they do with their time away from the court. I care about them getting better and staying healthy not about playing pool at Geno’s house or somewhere where you can all speculate

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No you stop it. Their performance isn't free. A sport becomes a business as soon as there is a turnstile. These young women want people to come, pay the money and watch them perform. I'm sure there are a few in the stands who are ogling them. That doesn't make all those who come to the game creepy. The players put themselves on public display. Adults interview them before and after games.
If this was high school males I suspect you would have no comment. And if I had a teenage daughter I would be concerned. But I wouldn't start suggesting on a public forum that other people I don't know appear creepy based solely on a feeling.
I'm no longer "suggesting".

Reaction Score
Why do you care what they do with their time away from the court. I care about them getting better and staying healthy not about playing pool at Geno’s house or somewhere where you can all speculate

I don't care unless it effects their basketball. We were talking about fans who follow players' social media. I don't unless something is posted on a message board like this. This is how we discover where HS players are going to college (or not going to college).
Suggesting that those who do so are "creepy" is over the line IMO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't care unless it effects their basketball. We were talking about fans who follow players' social media. I don't unless something is posted on a message board like this. This is how we discover where HS players are going to college (or not going to college).
Suggesting that those who do so are "creepy" is over the line IMO.

Reaction Score

So, I'm inferring that you are now accusing others of being ... what exactly? Who are these creepy people you accuse? Give us a name. When they post a recruit's tweet do you read it or block those posters? If you think they are creepy you have a duty to report them to the appropriate authorities. Have you reported them to the mods as probable stalkers?

Or do you think they are creepy, but for whatever reason you are going to do nothing?

You have tossed out what appear to be some very very serious charges against persons you know very little about.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Evina was the #2 high school recruit, behind Megan. She hasn't made honorable mention All-American yet. If she wants to be a first-round draft pick, she needs to up her game, and I think she is realizing that. Playing for UConn is a good way to accomplish that goal.

Reaction Score
I started the creepy conversation because someone posted a picture of supposedly evina Westbrook at genos house playing pool I find it creepy that we are in someone’s house Not somewhere we need to be . I’m 54 I could care less what any of them do on their down time as long as it’s not illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom