Transfer Trey Lewis | The Boneyard

Transfer Trey Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to get this kid. Would probably put him # 1 out of all the recent possible transfers mentioned. He can handle the ball and is a great shooter which we desperately need. Hopefully UL doesn't snag him first.

Reaction Score
I would LOVE to get this kid. Would probably put him # 1 out of all the recent possible transfers mentioned. He can handle the ball and is a great shooter which we desperately need. Hopefully UL doesn't snag him first.

We can add more than one. I say him and Miller are what the doctor ordered.

Reaction Score
Good. He's been one of the top guys I've been looking at since the transfer list came out. There's some precedent here, too. Their leading score from last season, Bryn Forbes, went to MSU and was a significant contributor. Lewis is a better player, and is more versatile. He's got PG skills, and he's a great shooter. If Adams isn't ready to play 25+ minutes from day 1, Lewis would be able to hold down the PG spot, and he'd be a great guy to bring off the bench. Very similar to Tony Robertson.

Reaction Score
Good. He's been one of the top guys I've been looking at since the transfer list came out. There's some precedent here, too. Their leading score from last season, Bryn Forbes, went to MSU and was a significant contributor. Lewis is a better player, and is more versatile. He's got PG skills, and he's a great shooter. If Adams isn't ready to play 25+ minutes from day 1, Lewis would be able to hold down the PG spot, and he'd be a great guy to bring off the bench. Very similar to Tony Robertson.
Similar to T Rob? Loved his game... if only he had a little more ahem...fire!

Reaction Score
Similar to T Rob? Loved his game... if only he had a little more ahem...fire!

Not quite as explosive as SuperTone, but in terms of his ability to handle and penetrate while also being a dangerous shooter, he's similar. He took a LOT of threes last year, 227/417 total FGAs (54%), which is fine, since he made 42% of them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Could still take them all. We have 3 scholarships to give right now.
What would you do? Offer lewis and miller? Then see what the status of brown is and talk to him about committing here?

Reaction Score
Kid had three games against big time competition this season and played very well:

Louisville - 9-20 fg, 4-10 3fg, 24 points

Virginia - 7-13 fg, 4-9 3fg, 18 points

VCU - 5-15 fg, 4-9 3fg, 15 points

That's 19 points per game on 44% shooting and 43% from three against the 1st, 5th, and 25th best defenses in the country. He would be a big get.

Reaction Score
Kid had three games against big time competition this season and played very well:

Louisville - 9-20 fg, 4-10 3fg, 24 points

Virginia - 7-13 fg, 4-9 3fg, 18 points

VCU - 5-15 fg, 4-9 3fg, 15 points

That's 19 points per game on 44% shooting and 43% from three against the 1st, 5th, and 25th best defenses in the country. He would be a big get.

Horizon League also has top-60 RPI teams in Green Bay and Valpo. He was really good in two games against GB and terrible in three against Valpo. Good-not-great game against another top-100 team in Toledo. I've been pimping this guy since I found out he was looking to transfer. Lewis can play. Really dangerous player with the jumper.

Reaction Score
He is graduating.
ok....that increases his value enormously ...the experience and maturity. Go get'em UConn!

I'm from Cleeeeeeeeeeveland .......CSU has had some exciting teams over the years.

Quick story: post high school circa 1972 or 73 when we were headed over to east side via downtown. drove by an abandoned gas station on corner of Euclid and maybe 55th (for newbies... believe Cleveland Clinic has built this area out now...but back in the day it was still desolate/burnt-down from the '63/4 riots). Passed through wafting smoke of open air bbq in sawed-in-half steel drums. It was a whiff of heaven. By time we inhaled it we were block away....... without discussion immediate u-turn and pulled in to queue for order. Without exaggeration ...probably best bbq ever had.... to this day we never knew who cooked it up ...but it is a personal legend amongst us.

Reaction Score
ok....that increases his value enormously ...the experience and maturity. Go get'em UConn!

I'm from Cleeeeeeeeeeveland ..CSU has had some exciting teams over the years.

Quick story: post high school circa 1972 or 73 when we were headed over to east side via downtown. drove by an abandoned gas station on corner of Euclid and maybe 55th (for newbies... believe Cleveland Clinic has built this area out now...but back in the day it was still desolate/burnt-down from the '63/4 riots). Passed through wafting smoke of open air bbq in sawed-in-half steel drums. It was a whiff of heaven. By time we inhaled it we were block away.. without discussion immediate u-turn and pulled in to queue for order. Without exaggeration ...probably best bbq ever had.... to this day we never knew who cooked it up ...but it is a personal legend amongst us.

They had something real good going until Kevin Mackey started hitting the crack houses back in the late 80's-early 90's.:eek:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They had something real good going until Kevin Mackey started hitting the crack houses back in the late 80's-early 90's.:eek:

Mackey was trouble long before he met crack - that was a guy who was just bent on destruction from the word go.

He had a horrible rep at Boston College and they were glad to be done with him when Davis left. He broke NCAA rules instantly at Cleveland State with the Manute Bol stuff.

Reaction Score

I'm from Cleeeeeeeeeeveland ..CSU has had some exciting teams over the years.

Norris Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky