Transfer thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was rooting for NC State.... would have been happy with VPI..... I dislike the U of Texas. Anyway.... hope she does well.... I always root for North Carolina kids.... unless they go to UNC..... or Maryland.... or Baylor.... or Tenn

Don't see how any true blue Dookie can ever root for NC State!!!!!!:D:D:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sabrina has been down to Oregon and Washington for a while now. Cal was removed from her list before Oregon State was. Oregon has accepted her twin brother as a walk-on for the men's basketball team, and Washington entered the scene because it's rumored that the Huskies are hiring Sabrina's AAU coach Kelly Sopak. That would explain why Natalie Romero transferred there from Nebraska (LINK), and may give Washington the inside track to Evina Westbrook (both play or played for Cal Stars).

Thanks for the update. Sabrina should be announcing her decision soon. Next week will be MID-June. I think everyone else in her class that has offers have already declared. I wonder if Washington's hiring of Sopak is conditional? I know that's nothing new. That poker game has been played for decades.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. Sabrina should be announcing her decision soon. Next week will be MID-June. I think everyone else in her class that has offers have already declared. I wonder if Washington's hiring of Sopak is conditional? I know that's nothing new. That poker game has been played for decades.

The only other 2016 Hoopgurlz Top 100 player that has offers besides Ionescu is guard Mi'Cole Cayton who de-committed from Nebraska following Yow's departure. She's also from the northern California area. According to ESPN, "Among the schools pursuing Cayton are Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Minnesota, Mississippi, Rutgers, San Diego State, UCLA and Utah."
St. Mary's Mi'Cole Cayton looking for new home after Connie Yori resignation at Nebraska

Now that Lindsey Corsaro - also a guard -- has committed to UCLA, that option may be out. If Inonescu is no longer considering Cal as reported,
that team could have interest. But as someone pointed out, both of these players have pushed the decision past their proms and are now coming up on the graduation.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The only other 2016 Hoopgurlz Top 100 player that has offers besides Ionescu is guard Mi'Cole Cayton who de-committed from Nebraska following Yow's departure. She's also from the northern California area. According to ESPN, "Among the schools pursuing Cayton are Arizona, Cal, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Minnesota, Mississippi, Rutgers, San Diego State, UCLA and Utah."
St. Mary's Mi'Cole Cayton looking for new home after Connie Yori resignation at Nebraska

Now that Lindsey Corsaro - also a guard -- has committed to UCLA, that option may be out. If Inonescu is no longer considering Cal as reported,
that team could have interest. But as someone pointed out, both of these players have pushed the decision past their proms and are now coming up on the graduation.
Mi'Cole Cayton is now down to Utah and Cal: LINK. Thanks to Raoul for providing the link.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks Dillon77 for the update. You are a wealth of knowledge. My information is obviously incomplete and dated. I read about Cayton, and her situation. It's hard to comment on people/situations if the criteria you're using is faulty, or not current.THAT's why I come here, to be/stay informed. :)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Why is it that when a player chooses another school it somehow is perceived that they are not willing to accept a challenge. Maybe she just liked Dawn more than Geno. Maybe she just realized that she wanted to stay near home so that her family could see her play. Maybe she just feels more at home in the south than she does in the NE.

This young lady seems to be working very hard at becoming a better player and was the best in the SEC this year. She certainly does not seem like a young lady who is scared of a challenge.
IMO, so far Aja has lacked the aggressivenes necessary to be one of the great ones. I don't see that refuse to lose fire in her eyes....yet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMO, so far Aja has lacked the aggressivenes necessary to be one of the great ones. I don't see that refuse to lose fire in her eyes....yet.
I agree but she has also not been designated her team's go to player as of yet. Don't forget she was not a starter as a Freshmen & as a Sophomore the offense, rightly so, was built around Tiffany Mitchell. If A'ja does not emerge as a strong NPOY candidate this year she never will and her aspirations of making "The" National team will have faded.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I agree but she has also not been designated her team's go to player as of yet. Don't forget she was not a starter as a Freshmen & as a Sophomore the offense, rightly so, was built around Tiffany Mitchell. If A'ja does not emerge as a strong NPOY candidate this year she never will and her aspirations of making "The" National team will have faded.

She definitely has the drive and fire IMO. She consistently elevated her play against good teams last season. She made a huge jump from freshman a
to sophomore in her assertiveness and overall play. I see a lot more fire in her than I do in Turner to be honest, even though Turner's upside may be higher. The one thing A'ja lacks is great touch around the basket and on her jumper. She has been described as a G/F which is just wrong. She could become a great stretch 4, but needs to commit to the idea of being a post player and she very well could have a future with the national team. I think she could develop into a Tina Charles like player with time.

Reaction Score
Some might say the great ones don't wait to be designated.....

I guess many UConn stars aren't great, since over the years we've heard Geno tell many stories about pressing very talent players to be more selfish.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Some might say the great ones don't wait to be designated.....

She was her team's go to player this year. She shouldered a much larger load this year and stepped up in big games. She was much tougher on the block, much more physical and took over some big games. She asserted herself defensively as well, and her numbers were up across the board. She was a consensus 1st team All-American and arguably the top non-UCONN POY candidate. Next year she appears to be the early favorite for POY alongside Kelsey Mitchell.

I don't think she has potential to be a Stewart/Moore/Griner/Parker esque forward or center because there isn't anything about her that is insanely unique or gifted, but I could see her playing in 3 Final Fours, becoming a National POY, and 3x First Team All American, being the 2018 #1 WNBA draft pick and winning gold medals in the Olympics down the road.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
She was her team's go to player this year. She shouldered a much larger load this year and stepped up in big games. She was much tougher on the block, much more physical and took over some big games. She asserted herself defensively as well, and her numbers were up across the board. She was a consensus 1st team All-American and arguably the top non-UCONN POY candidate. Next year she appears to be the early favorite for POY alongside Kelsey Mitchell.

I don't think she has potential to be a Stewart/Moore/Griner/Parker esque forward or center because there isn't anything about her that is insanely unique or gifted, but I could see her playing in 3 Final Fours, becoming a National POY, and 3x First Team All American, being the 2018 #1 WNBA draft pick and winning gold medals in the Olympics down the road.
BBallNut: Your points are well taken.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Some would say her time at in western PA was merely a Pitt-stop between SCar and MSU. :D

So how does/will this work? Will Shay have to sit additional time before she is eligible to play at MSU.

Reaction Score

Some would say her time at in western PA was merely a Pitt-stop between SCar and MSU. :D

ORANG: I'm thinkin " Some...but damn few" would say that :rolleyes: . (Good one on your part...deserves an "ouch!")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom