Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
th

Shocking! That never happens here.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ummm, I am missing something? How would Geno accepting a transfer low post player be a betrayal to Butler?

Geno has always been very clear the primary goal is putting best possible UConn basketball team on the court. If Geno deems bringing in a player like Stevens improves UConn's overall team performance then that is what he will do. IMO Geno has generally resisted transfers because of the potential impact on the team dynamic and less because of loyalty to existing players.

I have no doubt Geno will continue to develop Butler and I do not think he is writing her off regardless of who else comes to UConn. Geno is loyal to his players but he is not obligated to withhold recruiting additional players to preserve existing player's playing time. That is not the UConn way.

Butler may be the future. But UConn cannot stop recruiting based on some fictitious moral obligation to limit competition. All Geno owes Butler is his best efforts to develop her skill set and put her in the best situation to succeed. Competition is the nature of sports.

It is hard to believe that YOU believe Turner is any where near as talented as Stevens or has any where near the potential Stevens has. Turner is good but she can't impact a team or game the way Stevens can, imo. Not against the elite teams.

Reypl21- - - Turner in no way has the complete game that A. Stevens has and will grow under the best coaching staff in WBB! Turner is a great defensive player who is limited around the basket to about 12'. Even with her bum shoulder she exhibited no moves that would show a varied offensive game! Her normal ways to score is off an offensive rebound or a 8' to 12' jump shot or short hook. She has never, so far at ND, taken her offense toward the 3 point line to score a 3 or a deep 2! That's why I still feel the way to beat ND is with your big people. Their G's are their power and the last 3 years their big girls have been limited to 1 maybe 2 talented big girls.

Geno betraying Butler - I totally agree with your take dwalks93. You ALWAYS try to assemble the best or most talented team you possibly can.

Brianna Turner -
It's common knowledge that Turner has never been completely healthy. She came in her freshman year with prior shoulder injuries. She had surgery in April to repair and correct the damage to that shoulder. She should be ready when the season begins in November. She should be ready when the season begins in November.So, let's wait and see how she develops. She was voted an "All-American this past season, so that alone validates her play and development thus far.

Let's see what she does when she's completely healthy, and Muffet give her a little bit more leash. She's still got 2 more years to develop. Turner is very good around the basket (Like Nneka Owgumike). If she can score 15-25 points a game on the block, why does she need to move away from the basket?. You know the old saying: "If they can't stop what we're doing, let's keeping doing it until they do".

Also remember, Turner is doing what Muffet and staff are directing her to do. Turner is ND's only low post presence. They've got guards and forwards that can score from beyond the arc. They don't need Turner out there. They need her in the paint. She's doing what the staff is telling her to do. So chiding her for not developing her 3 point shot is unfair. Turner will be a 1st round draft choice in the WNBA when she comes out. Make no mistake about that. To me, the only time a comparison between Stevens/Turner (and anyone else) is only relative or important when they play against each other.

Example: Stewie (UConn) was not concerned about what Aja Wilson (South Carolina) was doing, or how she was compared to her by others. Stewie was only concerned about her play and development with respect to HER team...............and visa versa. Players are only concerned about getting a little better everyday, and winning the next game on their schedule.

On Geno /Stevens: "Geno is loyal to his players but he is not obligated to withhold recruiting additional players to preserve existing player's playing time. That is not the UConn way". I could not agree more!!! It puzzles me to no end how some fans could think this way. I realize we all do not think alike. But to think that no Geno would not at least make an overture to someone of Stevens' abilities who is available, and looking for a new home, is folly. 6' 6" players with Stevens' ability do not come along everyday. Every coach in Division 1 would love to have Stevens join their team. Don't forget the law of "supply and demand". If your team is in short supply, then you have the demand (need).

As it turned out, we now know that once the news broke that Stevens was transferring, UConn reached out to her, instead of waiting to let her contact them first. There were just too many hooks in the water at that point to wait and hope you get lucky.
As it turned out, UConn moved right away, and came away with the prize. Remember that old adage : "he who hesitates is lost". The naysayers and haters can say (whine) all they want. Stevens is a husky now, and could not be happier. Striking while the iron was hot paid off for Geno and staff.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno betraying Butler - I totally agree with your take dwalks93.
Whoever expressed the opinion that Geno's recruiting of Stevens was a betrayal of Butler is ignorant of many things including: basketball, UCONN WBB roster, & Stevens skill set. @dwalks93 I realize that it was not you.

Reaction Score
Geno betraying Butler - I totally agree with your take dwalks93. You ALWAYS try to assemble the best or most talented team you possibly can.

Brianna Turner -
It's common knowledge that Turner has never been completely healthy. She came in her freshman year with prior shoulder injuries. She had surgery in April to repair and correct the damage to that shoulder. She should be ready when the season begins in November. She should be ready when the season begins in November.So, let's wait and see how she develops. She was voted an "All-American this past season, so that alone validates her play and development thus far.

Let's see what she does when she's completely healthy, and Muffet give her a little bit more leash. She's still got 2 more years to develop. Turner is very good around the basket (Like Nneka Owgumike). If she can score 15-25 points a game on the block, why does she need to move away from the basket?. You know the old saying: "If they can't stop what we're doing, let's keeping doing it until they do".

Also remember, Turner is doing what Muffet and staff are directing her to do. Turner is ND's only low post presence. They've got guards and forwards that can score from beyond the arc. They don't need Turner out there. They need her in the paint. She's doing what the staff is telling her to do. So chiding her for not developing her 3 point shot is unfair. Turner will be a 1st round draft choice in the WNBA when she comes out. Make no mistake about that. To me, the only time a comparison between Stevens/Turner (and anyone else) is only relative or important when they play against each other.

Example: Stewie (UConn) was not concerned about what Aja Wilson (South Carolina) was doing, or how she was compared to her by others. Stewie was only concerned about her play and development with respect to HER team.....and visa versa. Players are only concerned about getting a little better everyday, and winning the next game on their schedule.

On Geno /Stevens: "Geno is loyal to his players but he is not obligated to withhold recruiting additional players to preserve existing player's playing time. That is not the UConn way". I could not agree more!!! It puzzles me to no end how some fans could think this way. I realize we all do not think alike. But to think that no Geno would not at least make an overture to someone of Stevens' abilities who is available, and looking for a new home, is folly. 6' 6" players with Stevens' ability do not come along everyday. Every coach in Division 1 would love to have Stevens join their team. Don't forget the law of "supply and demand". If your team is in short supply, then you have the demand (need).

As it turned out, we now know that once the news broke that Stevens was transferring, UConn reached out to her, instead of waiting to let her contact them first. There were just too many hooks in the water at that point to wait and hope you get lucky.
As it turned out, UConn moved right away, and came away with the prize. Remember that old adage : "he who hesitates is lost". The naysayers and haters can say (whine) all they want. Stevens is a husky now, and could not be happier. Striking while the iron was hot paid off for Geno and staff.

For YOU and COCO----

So, apparently JPM was correct about Ms Stevens---Geno DEMANDED her, and she came a calling.
I'm really hurt and disappointed that Coaches don't spend many hours worrying about who would be wounded if the coach recruited a top 10 division One Recruit--I know I would have My feeling hurt!!

Reaction Score
Carnac- - - Also remember, Turner is doing what Muffet and staff are directing her to do. Turner is ND's only low post presence. They've got guards and forwards that can score from beyond the arc. They don't need Turner out there. They need her in the paint. She's doing what the staff is telling her to do. So chiding her for not developing her 3 point shot is unfair. Turner will be a 1st round draft choice in the WNBA when she comes out. Make no mistake about that. To me, the only time a comparison between Stevens/Turner (and anyone else) is only relative or important when they play against each other.

If Turner was able to have an outstanding outside as well as an outstanding inside game, why would The Muffet limit her star's abilities to only 1/2 her offense? It would be like Geno telling Stewie "we know you can make 3's but we want you at 6'4" to be a back to the basket Center! Don't go outside!" The Muffet is getting everything she can out of Turner to make ND's offense as varied as possible, to be the best it could be!
So, that being said, Turner has no outside game to speak of! Turner is limited to a 12' to inside type of player, thus she is not as dangerous a player as say Stewie, Azura Stevens, Morgan Tuck, or even Naphessa Collier and Gabby Williams style of play that they were branching out to, adding the longer 2 or even the 3 point shot for next season!
You are right that Turner will be a 1st round draft choice in the WNBA draft! And Turner in her last 2 years may add the longer shots to her arsenal, but at this time in her career, she's got a limited offense!
My main point was saying Stevens has a more well-rounded offensive game than Turner does that's all!
Turner is still a very good player!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac- - - Also remember, Turner is doing what Muffet and staff are directing her to do. Turner is ND's only low post presence. They've got guards and forwards that can score from beyond the arc. They don't need Turner out there. They need her in the paint. She's doing what the staff is telling her to do. So chiding her for not developing her 3 point shot is unfair. Turner will be a 1st round draft choice in the WNBA when she comes out. Make no mistake about that. To me, the only time a comparison between Stevens/Turner (and anyone else) is only relative or important when they play against each other.

If Turner was able to have an outstanding outside as well as an outstanding inside game, why would The Muffet limit her star's abilities to only 1/2 her offense? It would be like Geno telling Stewie "we know you can make 3's but we want you at 6'4" to be a back to the basket Center! Don't go outside!" The Muffet is getting everything she can out of Turner to make ND's offense as varied as possible, to be the best it could be!
So, that being said, Turner has no outside game to speak of! Turner is limited to a 12' to inside type of player, thus she is not as dangerous a player as say Stewie, Azura Stevens, Morgan Tuck, or even Naphessa Collier and Gabby Williams style of play that they were branching out to, adding the longer 2 or even the 3 point shot for next season!
You are right that Turner will be a 1st round draft choice in the WNBA draft! And Turner in her last 2 years may add the longer shots to her arsenal, but at this time in her career, she's got a limited offense!
My main point was saying Stevens has a more well-rounded offensive game than Turner does that's all!
Turner is still a very good player!

My take on Turner doing what Muffet was asking her to do, was based on the theory/assumption that Muffet knows what Turner can and can't do. Based on that criteria, I believe Muffet has a formed an offensive game plan for Turner based on the skill set Turner (or any of her other players) has at any given time. IF Turner has no outside game (as you suggest) then asking or expecting her to shoot from that far out would be ludicrous. I don't believe any coach would ask a player to do anything that he/she is not capable of. Coaches know their players, and what they can/can't do. i.e; If a coach knows a particular player is not quick enough to guard most guards, then that player most likely would never to asked (or put in a position) to do so.

I agree with you that if Turner had an outside game, Muffet may choose to let her shoot form beyond the arc from time to time. My question thought on that scenario is if Turner is jacking up 3's, who is in the paint poised to rebound for the Irish? Turner is usually the tallest person on the floor for ND at any given time. Her office is "in the paint". She can best serve the team from there. That was my point. She's the best/most consistent rebounder they have. While I do like Turner, I've never suggested that she was any where near the player that Stewie is. Right now, there is no one at any level in WCBB, that can do all of the things Stewie can do.

So, I return to my original premise, that Turner is doing what the coaching staff is asking and instructing her to do (based on her skill set), just like the rest of the players on the team. She's not a guard, so they don't ask/expect her to bring the ball up the court. They don't ask her to guard the opposition's guards. They don't run plays for her to take shots from beyond the arc. They runs plays for her to get the ball on the block where she is very good at scoring baskets. ND has been very successful the last two years with Turner at the 5 position. If it's not broke, don't fix it. If at some point Turner develops an outside shot, then I'm sure Muffet will at some point allow/ask her to do that.

Last thought - For the sake of argument/debate, IF Brianna Turner became disenchanted with being at Notre Dame (ala Azura Stevens), and decided to transfer (for whatever reason), who in YOUR opinion would be the programs in the top 25 that would not make any attempts to reach out to her, or try to lure her to their campus/program? Who would not (at this point) want her on their team if she became available? If she said publicly that she wanted to come to UConn, (and all other things being equal, i.e, chemistry/attitude is good, players are ok with it) would Geno say no? She's an All-American, and she got 2 years of eligibility left.

Carnac

Reaction Score
For YOU and COCO----

So, apparently JPM was correct about Ms Stevens---Geno DEMANDED her, and she came a calling.
I'm really hurt and disappointed that Coaches don't spend many hours worrying about who would be wounded if the coach recruited a top 10 division One Recruit--I know I would have My feeling hurt!!

I don't know about "Geno Demanding her". My understanding is that she wanted to leave Duke, she let it be know that she was going to transfer, UConn learned of this, and reached out to her (UConn made the first contact, not the other way around) to see if there was any interest in her coming to UConn. Your "Geno demanding" reference is the first time I've heard it.

If JPM made that reference, was not aware of it. I briefly glossed over her rant. I'm not a Duke/McCallie fan, so I really don't pay much attention to what she says. I don't think much of her as a coach based on her recent actions and conduct towards her players. Where there's smoke, there's fire.What little I read of her comments sounded like damage control to me.I don't have anything for or against her or her program. I'm a UConn fan!!! My only interests are in our fortunes this coming season.

When players defect "en masse", there's a problem. If JPM made the Geno DEMANDED her, and she came a calling reference as you stated, that to me would sound like "sour grapes", and I would give it the consideration it deserves which is nil.

I digress "You ALWAYS try to assemble the best or most talented team you possibly can". Every coach in WCBB at any level has 1 thing in common, to try to win as many games as possible. Putting the best team you can on the floor every year will go a long way towards achieving that goal, thus also help you to keep your job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure when @BroadwayVa wrote "Geno Demanded her" he was saying that tongue and cheek. But then again, I get him.
Compatico (???) I WAS responding to his --DEMAND (need) as in supply and demand!!
You got it!! Thanks.

Reaction Score
I don't know about "Geno Demanding her". My understanding is that she wanted to leave Duke, she let it be know that she was going to transfer, UConn learned of this, and reached out to her (UConn made the first contact, not the other way around) to see if there was any interest in her coming to UConn. Your "Geno demanding" reference is the first time I've heard it.

If JPM made that reference, was not aware of it. I briefly glossed over her rant. I'm not a Duke/McCallie fan, so I really don't pay much attention to what she says. I don't think much of her as a coach based on her recent actions and conduct towards her players. Where there's smoke, there's fire.What little I read of her comments sounded like damage control to me.I don't have anything for or against her or her program. I'm a UConn fan!!! My only interests are in our fortunes this coming season.

When players defect "en masse", there's a problem. If JPM made the Geno DEMANDED her, and she came a calling reference as you stated, that to me would sound like "sour grapes", and I would give it the consideration it deserves which is nil.

I digress "You ALWAYS try to assemble the best or most talented team you possibly can". Every coach in WCBB at any level has 1 thing in common, to try to win as many games as possible. Putting the best team you can on the floor every year will go a long way towards achieving that goal, thus also help you to keep your job.
Carnac---You mis read or mis interpreted my tongue in cheek---OBVIOUSLY JPM was correct in that GENO DEMANDED (needs) Stevens. It would be a death wish for me to think JPM in anything she said about Geno was correct--except he is a great coach--great program.
But reading your replies was super great--
I like "I'm a Uconn fan" , My only interest are in our coming season. --I understand that, but I hope to be around another season or three--if there is a me and a Uconn, I'll be interested in the WBB program. No disrespect or insult intended--obviously I never wrote jokes for Henny Youngman.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
AW is an inside 12' type of player, even tho SHE feels she's a SG/SF/PF I do not see an outside game of any merit from her!
AW seems to me a "high maintenance" type of player. AS more of a team oriented player! AW still insists she's a perimeter style Big Girl. At 6'5" she's plays more of a Center style game. She reminds me of Iciss Tillis who at 6'6" refused to be a Center at Duke and preferred to bring her game outside! But when she got to the WNBA she had to go inside and was not happy!
I don't see how Wilson is "high maintenance" at all. Nor do I see any evidence of Wilson's supposed insistence that she is a perimeter player. She took ZERO 3s last year. Conversely, she blocked 100 shots (47 more than Stevens). She played inside last year, did so effectively, and I do not recall her ever complaining about her role.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't see how Wilson is "high maintenance" at all. Nor do I see any evidence of Wilson's supposed insistence that she is a perimeter player. She took ZERO 3s last year. Conversely, she blocked 100 shots (47 more than Stevens). She played inside last year, did so effectively, and I do not recall her ever complaining about her role.

It' s the running narrative. Just go with it. I don't even fight it anymore.

Carnac

Reaction Score

If you're going to post on this board, the one thing you must learn is how to pick your battles. Some issues you debate until you pass out (or get a headache), others................as you suggest, you just go with. Head bang

Reaction Score
If you're going to post on this board, the one thing you must learn is how to pick your battles. Some issues you debate until you pass out (or get a headache), others......as you suggest, you just go with. Head bang

Like others I don't need to Demand (need).*(inside joke) Some NITPICKING egocentric posters find it necessary to go to the death with an argument-but never in person-. SO I do as you suggested-IGNORE THEM and not respond, it really ticks them off.
I look for the good guys and comment to their posting!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I should but it's really one of my pet peeves when players get called "high-maintenance" with no reasoning to back it up. I usually let it go with ND players (esp. Diggins) but as a neutral I felt compelled to stick up for Wilson.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

I don't see her as "high maintenance" unless you mean in the sense of a car being high maintenance to keep it running. She has had her share of injuries, but I don't see anything other than that. I thought she played well in the minutes she was on the court in last year's UCONN game and was one of the bright spots for SC.

I think where some of the comments may be coming from is her need to roll up the shorts and shirt which makes her stand out visually from the rest of the team. Outside of UCONN, this is not that unusual, especially if you are trying to set yourself up for a future advertising contract with under armor.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I should but it's really one of my pet peeves when players get called "high-maintenance" with no reasoning to back it up. I usually let it go with ND players (esp. Diggins) but as a neutral I felt compelled to stick up for Wilson.

Just so you know, I'm a big Brianna Turner fan. I feel the same way about her as you do about Diggins. I respect the ND program. I can't forget Muffet's little tirade from two year's ago during the final four, that was unprofessional and totally unnecessary. Why she felt it necessary to engage Geno in a urinating contest, I'll never know. She's a good coach and a very good recruiter, and always get the most out of her players, but she will never get my vote for coach of the year. Since the Diggins era (and maybe before), Notre Dame fans have been caustic and vile towards UConn and its fans.

I came from another board where the hate and vitriol between the UConn supporters and the ND supporters was very intense, and sometimes got personal. That board was not monitored like this one. Civility and courtesy was seldom practiced. Cursing and references to family members was not unusual. The ND fans hated the few UConn fans that would troll their board, and visa versa. The UConn fans did it just to get their goat, pee in their Kool-Aid, and basically rile/lather them up, which they did every time. ;) The mods took the more egregious posts down in time (8-10 hours), but not right away.

This place is like an "oasis". I really enjoy posts from fans from other programs. It's always nice to get a point of view from someone outside our fan base. A poster who can/will be critical (but respectful) of our program, and/or share news of interest from their programs as well. I don't log on to other boards. I spend most of my computer "search for sports entertainment" time on this one.

90% of the time I'm reading comments, responding only to those that I feel compelled to. You learn more by reading than you do by writing, just as you learn more by listening rather than talking.
There as posters here that have been Husky fans for decades, and have a lot more knowledge and personal experience about the program than I do. I'm just a Johnny-come-lately UConn fan (since 2008) trying to catch up.

Tip in: I still selfishly wish Turner had come to Storrs. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't see her as "high maintenance" unless you mean in the sense of a car being high maintenance to keep it running. She has had her share of injuries, but I don't see anything other than that. I thought she played well in the minutes she was on the court in last year's UCONN game and was one of the bright spots for SC. I think where some of the comments may be coming from is her need to roll up the shorts and shirt which makes her stand out visually from the rest of the team. Outside of UCONN, this is not that unusual, especially if you are trying to set yourself up for a future advertising contract with under armor.
I agree she is definitely NOT high maintenance. I also thought we had successfully killed the noise about her "customization" of her uniform. There is a very very small number of posters that still regret that she chose not to come to UCONN instead of respecting her decision to stay home and play at SC.
I also want to correct another misconception in your post about her. "She has had her share of injuries" is not correct.
In her two season A' Ja has missed a total of 2 games due to shin splints and part of the UCONN game. Two missed games across two seasons is the same amount of games both Stewie & Moriah have missed.

Reaction Score
Just so you know, I'm a big Brianna Turner fan. I feel the same way about her as you do about Diggins. I respect the ND program. I can't forget Muffet's little tirade from two year's ago during the final four, that was unprofessional and totally unnecessary. Why she felt it necessary to engage Geno in a urinating contest, I'll never know. She's a good coach and a very good recruiter, and always get the most out of her players, but she will never get my vote for coach of the year. Since the Diggins era (and maybe before), Notre Dame fans have been caustic and vile towards UConn and its fans.

I came from another board where the hate and vitriol between the UConn supporters and the ND supporters was very intense, and sometimes got personal. That board was not monitored like this one. Civility and courtesy was seldom practiced. Cursing and references to family members was not unusual. The ND fans hated the few UConn fans that would troll their board, and visa versa. The UConn fans did it just to get their goat, pee in their Kool-Aid, and basically rile/lather them up, which they did every time. ;) The mods took the more egregious posts down in time (8-10 hours), but not right away.

This place is like an "oasis". I really enjoy posts from fans from other programs. It's always nice to get a point of view from someone outside our fan base. A poster who can/will be critical (but respectful) of our program, and/or share news of interest from their programs as well. I don't log on to other boards. I spend most of my computer "search for sports entertainment" time on this one.

90% of the time I'm reading comments, responding only to those that I feel compelled to. You learn more by reading than you do by writing, just as you learn more by listening rather than talking.
There as posters here that have been Husky fans for decades, and have a lot more knowledge and personal experience about the program than I do. I'm just a Johnny-come-lately UConn fan (since 2008) trying to catch up.

Tip in: I still selfishly wish Turner had come to Storrs. :rolleyes:

I, too, am a fan of Turner. Excellent talent. And though it might sound condescending, I admire and respect the Notre Dame teams because they play more like the Connecticut teams than any others in the country: superb defense, seamless transition offense, relentless no matter what the score, and stocked with superb talent. Frustrating that they are so tenacious when they play Connecticut. But it is abundantly clear that Notre Dame is today what Tennessee was for so many years: the most dangerous opponent to Connecticut, and the team, year after year, about which we UConn fans worry, and the team we understand we need to defeat to win the ultimate trophy.

I, too, am disappointed that Coach MM has on occasion descended into pettiness, which is unbecoming of one of the top coaches in the nation in any sport. But she seems to have mellowed, and our two teams have gone back to competing on the court.

Reaction Score
Orangutan, SCGamecock, Carnac, & BroadwayVa, Etal:
I thought that the main idea of THE BONEYARD was to have a discussion about WBB, both WNBA and WCBB.
I wrote some posts above where I stated IMO A. Wilson was "high maintenance" and B. Turner did not have as good an offensive game as some UCONN players!
And you guys come on like how dare I say that. And get all huffy about it! Isn't that what TBY is for? A discussion of different opinions! From a varied field of fans!
I respect your opinions, I don't agree, but that's all right, that's YOUR OPINION!
When AW was in HS being recruited she said she was NOT a Center even though she's 6'5"! She considers herself a SF/PF and sometimes a SG, and didn't want to go to a school to just play Center! That and the way she carries herself IN MY OPINION makes her appear to me to be "high maintenance"! She's still a really good player!
Watching BT play I'm struck by how IN MY OPINION her offensive game is limited compared to some other players at her position! She's still a really good player!
There have been times where I've come off too strong and Nan has slapped me on the hands, and rightly so! I apologize for those times when I go overboard but this isn't one of those times! I just stated MY OPINION about those 2 players!
I didn't insult either girl, I just don't agree with your opinions of them as players!
Let's just agree to disagree!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I thought that the main idea of THE BONEYARD was to have a discussion about WBB, both WNBA and WCBB.
I wrote some posts above where I stated IMO A. Wilson was "high maintenance" and B. Turner did not have as good an offensive game as some UCONN players!
And you guys come on like how dare I say that. And get all huffy about it! Isn't that what TBY is for? A discussion of different opinions! From a varied field of fans!
I respect your opinions, I don't agree, but that's all right, that's YOUR OPINION!
When AW was in HS being recruited she said she was NOT a Center even though she's 6'5"! She considers herself a SF/PF and sometimes a SG, and didn't want to go to a school to just play Center! That and the way she carries herself IN MY OPINION makes her appear to me to be "high maintenance"! She's still a really good player!
Watching BT play I'm struck by how IN MY OPINION her offensive game is limited compared to some other players at her position! She's still a really good player!
There have been times where I've come off too strong and Nan has slapped me on the hands, and rightly so! I apologize for those times when I go overboard but this isn't one of those times! I just stated MY OPINION about those 2 players!
I didn't insult either girl, I just don't agree with your opinions of them as players!

OK RSHERMVIKES,

You're absolutely correct. Everyone here yard is welcome to share their opinion(s). Sorry if I offended you, or you felt my reply was adversarial in nature. I read a lot of your posts, and agree with you most of the time.
Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas with us. You're a valued contributor of this thread. Your opinions matter and are welcomed.

No one that comments here expects everyone to agree with all of their posts all the time. Lord knows I've been called out a time or two or three on some of my comments. I submit to you that the term "high maintenance" is subjective. It can have a different meaning or concept to different people.

As I've commented many times, I enjoy the input of fans and supporters from other teams. I enjoy and look forward to comments from those you mentioned above along with easttexastrash who I've gone around and around with on several occasions. However, each time we did, it was done with civility and mutual respect.

I posted a comment that was responded to by others that made me change my position because they had information that I did not have. On a couple of occasions, a poster(s) shared a perspective with me that I had not thought of, which made me reevaluate my position on that particular topic.

I may get some push back on this, but,
I agree that opinions should not be criticized because their are simply one's observation and conclusion of something based on written information, a visual observation ,or jt simply a "gut feeling" that one has. Some see the glass as half empty, others, half full. If a poster give us something and represents them to be facts, those can be checked, verified and challenged. You can't check an opinion for facts.

In my opinion, this was a beautiful day. You can't challenge that. Maybe YOUR day was lousy and sucked, but that was YOUR day, not mine. Sometimes I may get carried away (huffy) with myself. Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I come here to learn and gather information, not to shoot messengers. As to your point: "Let's just agree to disagree". We can do that. So, in short, your comments are duly noted my friend, and I look forward to your next round of comments. :)

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
OK RSHERMVIKES,

You're absolutely correct. Everyone here yard is welcome to share their opinion(s). Sorry if I offended you, or you felt my reply was adversarial in nature. I read a lot of your posts, and agree with you most of the time.
Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas with us. You're a valued contributor of this thread. Your opinions matter and are welcomed.

No one that comments here expects everyone to agree with all of their posts all the time. Lord knows I've been called out a time or two or three on some of my comments. I submit to you that the term "high maintenance" is subjective. It can have a different meaning or concept to different people.

As I've commented many times, I enjoy the input of fans and supporters from other teams. I enjoy and look forward to comments from those you mentioned above along with easttexastrash who I've gone around and around with on several occasions. However, each time we did, it was done with civility and mutual respect.

I posted a comment that was responded to by others that made me change my position because they had information that I did not have. On a couple of occasions, a poster(s) shared a perspective with me that I had not thought of, which made me reevaluate my position on that particular topic.

I may get some push back on this, but,
I agree that opinions should not be criticized because their are simply one's observation and conclusion of something based on written information, a visual observation ,or jt simply a "gut feeling" that one has. Some see the glass as half empty, others, half full. If a poster give us something and represents them to be facts, those can be checked, verified and challenged. You can't check an opinion for facts.

In my opinion, this was a beautiful day. You can't challenge that. Maybe YOUR day was lousy and sucked, but that was YOUR day, not mine. Sometimes I may get carried away (huffy) with myself. Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I come here to learn and gather information, not to shoot messengers. As to your point: "Let's just agree to disagree". We can do that. So, in short, your comments are duly noted my friend, and I look forward to your next round of comments. :)

Yeah, what Carnac said....

I can't top that so I'll just cosign.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think what you are bouncing up against are personal sensitivities as opposed to a difference of opinions. I have been guilty of this on both sides: using sensitive words to express my opinion and them overreacting when someone else uses words that strike my nerves. You don't have to wait long for someone on the Boneyard to disagree with you and it is probably a shorter wait before you strike a nerve. The key is to try and understand the difference. My personal examples: I used the word Diva in my description of Sabrina Ionescu multiple hesitations to make up her mind and was appropriately challenged about that. I am also Hyper-sensitive when a player chooses a school other than UCONN and someone will inevitably say something like "That player did want to be great" or "That player was not up to the challenge of playing ay UCONN". The words "High maintenance" struck a nerve in your post as did the my use of the word Diva, "IMO" does nothing to calm the nerves but examples might.

PS A'ja seeing herself as a guard was a long time ago and dates back to her AAU and HS days. She is now an AA Forward and the SEC player of the year mainly because she has a great coach and role model as examples. She carries herself just fine-same way she would carry herself if she choose to go to college at UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom