Transfer thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not surprised to see "Little Mabrey" transferred from Virginia Tech to Notre Dame. (guess she decided that playing for Muffett was better than trying to carve out her own legacy)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not surprised to see "Little Mabrey" transferred from Virginia Tech to Notre Dame. (guess she decided that playing for Muffett was better than trying to carve out her own legacy)
Is that confirmed by anyone? I know we all "suspect" it but until I see Raoul post it, I am not a believer...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In his chat with Rebecca, Geno said he has talked to a few kids. I bet Cochrane is one of them. If she can get immediate eligibility for 20-21, I think she is skilled enough to help. If she has to redshirt, with DeBarry and then Brady coming, do they really need another player like this? Would be great if there was room.

Does UCONN get Fudd?

And how good is Edwards? If Edwards can't play the PF at least decent level then she would be a wasted recruit imo.

We've seen in our 2016-2017 season how size was overrated. We got beat by a buzzer beater. Miss State was not better than UCONN. They just outplayed UCONN one night. But the next game a team that went small beat them for the title. .

But imo right now, DeBarry and Brady are not on the team. We've seen verbals reverse. If any player is a quality player it can't hurt as long as she fits the style UCONN wants to play.

And this is not all about what UCONN wants. For any kid looking to transfer for more than 1 year, can they see themselves good enough to earn minutes? Because they have a "want" too. More than likely it's a certain view in which they feel they can play.

So in this case we just don't get a kid because she is tall/big. She has to be a quality player or content to be a backup 5-7 minute player content on winning a title and that's it. It's rare anyone less than a sr will transfer for that. Quality is key not size. The 2016-2017 season showed us that not just with UCONN going 36-1 but South Carolina winning by going small. Some of the greatest teams ever in wcbb had small power forwards. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get a big pf. It's imo about quality and the right fit.

Reaction Score
That's Baby Mabrey to you, hrrumphh! :)

@CocoHusky reminded me that Ms. Mikesell and ND had a spat of "mutual interest" before she committed to Maryland, ND stayed in Ohio and went in the other direction with ball-hawking defensive whiz Abby Prohaska (who we very much missed this year while she recovered from illness).

ND has a mess of off guards and wings/small forwards coming back next year and they're seemingly trying to go after another off-guard in 2021. (So far, no commitments, but MM has said they're aiming for the sky, which tells you the kind of players they're after.)

So, where would guards like Mikesell, Mabrey or Slocum (although I'm not sold on that one) fit in?

Well, right now MM's plan for lead guard next year is to split it between returning off-guard Katlyn Gilbert and incoming frosh Alasia Hayes. Then, go after a point guard hard in 2021 (Olivia Miles or Ari Wiggins, perhaps?). If the NCAA can ever get around to deciding if and when first-time transfers could immediately play, that would be helpful.

If approved for 2020-21, I could see Mabrey or Mikesell helping the Irish for two years, working with Hayes and the incoming frosh, leaving Gilbert to impnrove on her pretty good first full year at off guard.

If not approved until 2021, maybe Slocum, who has graduated and can play immediately. Still, if Destiny was uncomfortable playing as a facilitator for Rueck, I can't see her being given free rein under Muffet. :rolleyes: That's not what MM wants (see Allen, Lindsay).

Lucy Cochrane initially caught my eye, but I'm not sure we need another like her, given Danielle Cosgrove's slow development. Plus we've got will o' the wisp Nat Marshall coming in at 6'5". If we go after any transfer post, I'd be interested in Maryland transfer Olivia Owens. The Irish could use a post to back up Mik Vaughn and provide paint oover for Marshall and ND's wings, Sam Brunelle and Kat Westbeld.

The thrown-off timing makes things even crazier....while some top recruits are deciding to go all in, some might like to, you know, see a coach and campus face to face? Imagine! :):cool:
I know this has been said before on the Boneyard but I'd like to add my two cents - Dillon, your un-erring eye, ability to honestly assess ANY situation at any school, and strength in your capacity to avoid a lot of the baloney that occasionally rears it's ugly head here is truly refreshing. It is an utter joy to read your posts !!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is that confirmed by anyone? I know we all "suspect" it but until I see Raoul post it, I am not a believer...:rolleyes:

A quick internet search did not find any confirmation

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ha I had her "penciled in" for Notre Dame with a wink and a smirk in a lighter shade of font, but when I copied the data from the other thread it lost the shading effect. AFAIK she has not announced yet. I'll be professional about it and delete that entry for now :)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ha I had her "penciled in" for Notre Dame with a wink and a smirk in a lighter shade of font, but when I copied the data from the other thread it lost the shading effect. AFAIK she has not announced yet. I'll be professional about it and delete that entry for now :)

Reaction Score
I would keep liking this a thousand times if I could and certainly hope our 2nd effort with an Aussie big turns out better than our last effort. My only real concern is Kelly is similar to Geno (and the two of them are fairly close) so if Lucy didn't see a future with Kelly, why would she see a future with Geno and our incoming recruits? I do know the NCAA was scheduled to meet yesterday to talk about the immediate transfer eligibility and then vote on it during the May 20th meeting for effect THIS FALL. Do we know if any of the coaches/team are following Lucy or if Lucy is following any of UConn's team/coaches on the various social media apps? That would be a positive indication of interest.
I whole heartedly agree Lucy is probably the only one left in the portal I would consider. I don't want Mikesell or Slocum but ND is free to get both and little Mabry. Anyone under 5'10" is allowed to go to ND....:rolleyes:

I have seen Lucy play in person. She is a project type of player. With Sedonia Prince, younger Sabally, Lydia Giomi and some freshmen coming in (Watson) Kelly said Lucy saw the handwriting on the wall as far as playing time.

Probably not a UCONN level type of player from what I have seen out in Oregon. Still she would have a good fit somewhere.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I have seen Lucy play in person. She is a project type of player. With Sedonia Prince, younger Sabally, Lydia Giomi and some freshmen coming in (Watson) Kelly said Lucy saw the handwriting on the wall as far as playing time.

Probably not a UCONN level htype of player from what I have seen out in Oregon. Still she would have a good fit somewhere.
You and Coco might need to have an offline chat to find the middle ground...:cool:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Probably not a UCONN level type of player from what I have seen out in Oregon.

This takes me back to when Jess McCormack transferred from Washington to UConn. Of course never played a minute in Storrs, but I was dubious at the time about the prospects of that working out.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does UCONN get Fudd?
And how good is Edwards? If Edwards can't play the PF at least decent level then she would be a wasted recruit imo.

We've seen in our 2016-2017 season how size was overrated. We got beat by a buzzer beater. Miss State was not better than UCONN. They just outplayed UCONN one night. But the next game a team that went small beat them for the title. .

But imo right now, DeBarry and Brady are not on the team. We've seen verbals reverse. If any player is a quality player it can't hurt as long as she fits the style UCONN wants to play.

And this is not all about what UCONN wants. For any kid looking to transfer for more than 1 year, can they see themselves good enough to earn minutes? Because they have a "want" too. More than likely it's a certain view in which they feel they can play.

So in this case we just don't get a kid because she is tall/big. She has to be a quality player or content to be a backup 5-7 minute player content on winning a title and that's it. It's rare anyone less than a sr will transfer for that. Quality is key not size. The 2016-2017 season showed us that not just with UCONN going 36-1 but South Carolina winning by going small. Some of the greatest teams ever in wcbb had small power forwards. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get a big pf. It's imo about quality and the right fit.
2016-17 seems like a lifetime ago-let's talk about 20-21. For this 20-21 coming season Edwards will be a Freshman. That Freshman must start at PF and play well for UCONN to have a successful season. I define success as a FF team. How well does Edwards have to play as a Freshman for this to happen? She has to play at AA level because she will be starting at a position that has an AA player in that position from 2014-2020 -or Stewie, Morgan, Napheesa, Gabby and Megan). Numbers wise that equates to about 15 PPG and 8.5 rebounds. That is a lot to ask of Edwards as a freshman especially sine NONE of the previously mentioned players did this as Freshman. Not even Stewie who was taking the floor with handful of players who were or would achieve AA status. The right fit is very important and should not be overlooked. Primarily though the 20-21UCONN roster needs more talent in the post to return to the glory days. I miss the glory days. A return next year would be preferable to a return the year after. There is talent in the transfer portal and I'm sure UCONN is looking.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gee, here I was feeling pretty good about the Huskies. :confused:
You have every reason to feel good. Me? I defer to the most optimistic among us-@Tonyc

We're looking at some great talented kids coming in over the next couple of seasons. What we really need is another post to back up ONO. Gabriel will need to be developed, Edwards will need to be developed.

Reaction Score
2016-17 seems like a lifetime ago-let's talk about 20-21. For this 20-21 coming season Edwards will be a Freshman. That Freshman must start at PF and play well for UCONN to have a successful season. I define success as a FF team. How well does Edwards have to play as a Freshman for this to happen? She has to play at AA level because she will be starting at a position that has an AA player in that position from 2014-2020 -or Stewie, Morgan, Napheesa, Gabby and Megan). Numbers wise that equates to about 15 PPG and 8.5 rebounds. That is a lot to ask of Edwards as a freshman especially sine NONE of the previously mentioned players did this as Freshman. Not even Stewie who was taking the floor with handful of players who were or would achieve AA status. The right fit is very important and should not be overlooked. Primarily though the 20-21UCONN roster needs more talent in the post to return to the glory days. I miss the glory days. A return next year would be preferable to a return the year after. There is talent in the transfer portal and I'm sure UCONN is looking.

I don't agree other than the point about the glory days. I agree about the glory days. My definition of "the glory days" is being favored to win championships and going undefeated/or 1 loss and wiping teams out by 30+. This team can't do that regardless who they pick up a pf. .

But imo barring injuries, this team is definitely a favorite to be in the final four as it is currently constructed. The team that needs to beat them - probably in CT in the E8 game-- needs to have guards that can handle pressure, guards that can shoot and two front-line players that are a combination of excellent passers and excellent finishers. Teams that probably have that are probably top 3. That's a unique team. Just like this year UCONN was the 5th best team in the country, and frankly if they got a shot at Maryland that game was probably 50-50.

You might be right that next year they don';t make the final four but they can get production other than what you cite from the PF to get there. Though it would be nice to have it ofc. For example, if Lucy can transfer and is that player-- sure I'll take it too! But she had better been able to pass and finish. But if they don't -- they still are a terrific team the 2 key players - not necessarily the best are Evina and Paige. They are the biggest keys for the season. How "great" is Evina? And how much of an impact can Paige be? These two players can possibly nullify or come close to nullifying Walker and CD.

Evina is a 1st team all-american candidate, isn't she? Probably no worse than 2nd team. ONO is probably 2nd team a/a but say anywhere between 1st team and 3rd team. Paige and CWill are potential 3rd team all-american candidates of which the other would get honorable mention.

So we have at least two probable A/A's this year vs one last year and we have at least two Honorable mentions next year vs 3 honorable mentions last year - and we Anna which may become an honorable A/A. even if she isn't the core 4 of ONO, Evina, CWill and Paige is slightly better. Even if we want to call it even-- the bench is far superior this upcoming year more than likely.

The game hasn't changed with much significance 16-17. Part of the problem is that their problem was size but also that their guards weren't that great. They were good but not great. Chong, Nurse, and frosh Crystal vs potentially Evina, CWill and Paige would be much better. These guards potentially make the game easier for a legit all-american sized post better (ONO) and vice-versa. ONO is a legit a/a terrific post this year. To get to the FF-- the guards are probably good enough to go along with ONO. Winning it all is different ofc.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't agree other than the point about the glory days. I agree about the glory days. My definition of "the glory days" is being favored to win championships and going undefeated/or 1 loss and wiping teams out by 30+. This team can't do that regardless who they pick up a pf. .

But imo barring injuries, this team is definitely a favorite to be in the final four as it is currently constructed. The team that needs to beat them - probably in CT in the E8 game-- needs to have guards that can handle pressure, guards that can shoot and two front-line players that are a combination of excellent passers and excellent finishers. Teams that probably have that are probably top 3. That's a unique team. Just like this year UCONN was the 5th best team in the country, and frankly if they got a shot at Maryland that game was probably 50-50.

You might be right that next year they don';t make the final four but they can get production other than what you cite from the PF to get there. Though it would be nice to have it ofc. For example, if Lucy can transfer and is that player-- sure I'll take it too! But she had better been able to pass and finish. But if they don't -- they still are a terrific team the 2 key players - not necessarily the best are Evina and Paige. They are the biggest keys for the season. How "great" is Evina? And how much of an impact can Paige be? These two players can possibly nullify or come close to nullifying Walker and CD.

Evina is a 1st team all-american candidate, isn't she? Probably no worse than 2nd team. ONO is probably 2nd team a/a but say anywhere between 1st team and 3rd team. Paige and CWill are potential 3rd team all-american candidates of which the other would get honorable mention.

So we have at least two probable A/A's this year vs one last year and we have at least two Honorable mentions next year vs 3 honorable mentions last year - and we Anna which may become an honorable A/A. even if she isn't the core 4 of ONO, Evina, CWill and Paige is slightly better. Even if we want to call it even-- the bench is far superior this upcoming year more than likely.

The game hasn't changed with much significance 16-17. Part of the problem is that their problem was size but also that their guards weren't that great. They were good but not great. Chong, Nurse, and frosh Crystal vs potentially Evina, CWill and Paige would be much better. These guards potentially make the game easier for a legit all-american sized post better (ONO) and vice-versa. ONO is a legit a/a terrific post this year. To get to the FF-- the guards are probably good enough to go along with ONO. Winning it all is different ofc.
Lol. Five (Evina, ONO, Paige, CWill & Anna) AA candidates for UCONN on the 20-21 roster? That's half the roster and a bit ambitious. I honestly hope all your AA projections are realized but that may still not be enough. We are talking about AA when we should be talking about contributors- more on that later.
Boston was second team AP AA last year Elissa Cunane was 3rd team. Both players were ahead of ONO who was honorable mention. ONO must separate herself from the honor mention pack which includes (Ila Lane,Unique Thompson, & NaLyssa Smith) to become a true AA candidate.

Christyn Williams prospects of making AA as a guard next season are also not very good. I'll gently remind you that many were doing last year what you are doing this year- pencil Christyn in as an AA. At the guard position returning to college basketball this season will be 1st Team AA Rhyne Howard, 2nd Team AA Aari McDonald & Dana Evans and a slew of honor mentions Rennia Davis, Arella Guirantes, Ashley Joens, Lindsey Pullman,& Kiana Williams.
Evina Westbrook is an AA candidate-IF HEALTHY. Evina was still rehabbing at UCONN last month.
Hard for me to envision Anna ever becoming an AA when she was not among the top 10 best freshman in the country-per ESPN.
What is way different from 16-17 is the composition of the roster. The 16-17 bench included 2 reliable productive players in Natalie Butler and Crystal Dangerfield. Those were two players that could and did contribute to UCONN non-conference wins which included at #2 ND, at #4MD , #2 Baylor, #6 SC, #14 Texas, at #12 FSU).
What's a UCONN. contributor? A player that has earned her way into the regular rotation and allows the 5 starter NTE 30 MPG especially in UCONN's non-conference games. A contributor does not hamper the UCONN offense or defense. UCONN needs more contributors in the post. Lucy Cochrane can contribute.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol. Five (Evina, ONO, Paige, CWill & Anna) AA candidates for UCONN on the 20-21 roster? That's half the roster and a bit ambitious. I honestly hope all your AA projections are realized but that may still not be enough. We are talking about AA when we should be talking about contributors- more on that later.
Boston was second team AP AA last year Elissa Cunane was 3rd team. Both players were ahead of ONO who was honorable mention. ONO must separate herself from the honor mention pack which includes (Ila Lane,Unique Thompson, & NaLyssa Smith) to become a true AA candidate.

Christyn Williams prospects of making AA as a guard next season are also not very good. I'll gently remind you that many were doing last year what you are doing this year- pencil Christyn in as an AA. At the guard position returning to college basketball this season will be 1st Team AA Rhyne Howard, 2nd Team AA Aari McDonald & Dana Evans and a slew of honor mentions Rennia Davis, Arella Guirantes, Ashley Joens, Lindsey Pullman,& Kiana Williams.
Evina Westbrook is an AA candidate-IF HEALTHY. Evina was still rehabbing at UCONN last month.
Hard for me to envision Anna ever becoming an AA when she was not among the top 10 best freshman in the country-per ESPN.
What is way different from 16-17 is the composition of the roster. The 16-17 bench included 2 reliable productive players in Natalie Butler and Crystal Dangerfield. Those were two players that could and did contribute to UCONN non-conference wins which included at #2 ND, at #4MD , #2 Baylor, #6 SC, #14 Texas, at #12 FSU).
What's a UCONN. contributor? A player that has earned her way into the regular rotation and allows the 5 starter NTE 30 MPG especially in UCONN's non-conference games. A contributor does not hamper the UCONN offense or defense. UCONN needs more contributors in the post. Lucy Cochrane can contribute.

We're on complete opposite pages here.

1-- I want to make it clear I said "candidates to be All-American." not "All-Americans." I said there were two definite all-Americans. Not 5 all-Americans. Further I want to make it clear I said we had 4 All-American candidates and one that might become. Thus I was saying Anna might become an Honorable Mention A/A. I just want to make it clear – and you did not say I said it- so we’re cool on this - but I did not say Anna would be an A/A. Further, there is a big difference between "candidates" and "A/A's. And I disagree with how you are putting into "context" A/A. IMO the more that become A/A it means they contributed greatly to team success for UCONN. Maybe other teams it's different. But not how UCONN plays.

2--- As far as your point on CWill, I'd like to kindly remind you that many on here - including me were not banking on Meg Walker as 1st team A/A either. Just as many were not banking on all of the UCONN Big 3 becoming top ten A/A in 16-17. And I'd like to go back and see how many were predicting that last year and the year before UCONN wasn’t going to make the Final Four because of size. And this year CWill was honorable mention A/A so if we now have better guards and ONO who will also likely improve why is it so wrong to predict that CWill will at least be the same? SO she is supposed to further regress and because i was wrong about her soph year it means she will regress this year too?

3-- As far as ONO-- imo if you have one of the NCAAA's best backcourts, and you have an upperclassman in which ONO is-- with the backcourt and solid wing play, you're going to have better opportunities to succeed. Last year's team had one legit pg. Next year's team might have 3. And two of them might be playing on the court for a lot of the time which means better passing inside to the center.

4--- I agree with your point on Evina – and I said the same thing when I said –“But imo barring injuries, this team is definitely a favorite to be in the final four as it is currently constructed.” I consider injury as either not playing or an injury affects performance. My point to you was that imo they don’t have to start a freshman at the PF. They were the 5th best team this year with an undersized 4 and as mentioned it would’ve been 50-50 if they got Maryland imo. So if the team is healthy and Evina is 1st or 2nd team A/A, and Paige is either Honorable Mention A/A or 3rd team A/A, then the weakness in that PF spot can be overcome in that E8 game.

5—As far as Anna—UCONN has 5 possibilities. Not all 5 will make it. So when you speak of “half-the-team” – yes half the team has a shot but the better one it can nullify another. They have 5 "possibilities of Honorable Mention which two will be A/A (if healthy) This past year’s team had 1 A/A and 3 Honorable Mentions. If the guards are arguably better and so would ONO, why not have 4 possibilities and up to 5 possibilities (just changed/edited) to be at least equal to last year's team? This is why I said Evina and Paige are most key the team (if healthy. i.e. barring injury.). What will they probably do very well? They penetrate. When they penetrate, and they can’t shoot or get a shot for teammate easy on the inside – who are they going to look for on the perimeter? The 6’1 Anna or CWill. OFC Evina and Paige can shoot/probably shoot well enough from 3 but we do know Anna can right? And when they fast break – who are they going to look for the most to take 3’s if CWill isn’t the answer (which you don’t think she is?)? If CWill isn't shooting well who is going to get the vast majority of shots from 3 now that Walker and Danger are gone? It will be Anna. When you score a lot you get noticed more.

And ofc if Paige surpasses expectations (or CWill) then you have a 3rd A/A which may nullify another (depending on the degree of the A?A caliber's play).

6—In comparison of 16-17 Danger and Butler who do you think is going to start for UCONN in 2020-2021? Then we can discuss the bench. For example some are saying Paige won’t start. But I want to be clear on something; Natalie was not “reliable” if we're talking getting to the Final Four which was a part of our points. She didn’t produce other than the 1st two close games of the season. That season UCONN had 6 games that were won or lost by 15 and under. The 1st two Natalie did well and they needed her. They were November games. Game 3 vs South Carolina she played 7 minutes. Game 4 the nail biter vs Tulane she played 11 minutes with no points, 5 rebounds, 2 TO’s no assists 1 pf and 1 block. DNP vs UCLA in the NCAA Tourney. And played 6 minutes vs Miss State. I do not call how she played as “reliable.” They’ll get more “end-of-season” production from the bench than what Natalie provided.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My fear is if the NCAA votes to allow one time transfers to happen this fall then all you know what breaks loose.

For one thing, the idea of any colleges sports is still in doubt. It likely wouldn't be decided by the time the vote occurs. I believe if the vote is "yes, one time transfer" then later in the summer if it's confirmed we have a season then it will basically be a free for all for most programs outside of Storrs and a handful of others. It turns women's basketball, and men's basketball and football even more, into free agent markets where there is a continuous turnover.

One thing that drew me to the women's game as the men's changed so drastically is how for the most part, the players stuck around for four years, many earned degrees, and followers of the game could get to know a little about them.

While I am not fan of immediate eligibility for transfers I know the day is coming. I just think this is not the time to vote yes on the issue.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, Edwards is strong and physical enough to play the 4. I hope they have enough bigs to develop DeBerry slowly while she gets stronger. As thin as Cochrane is, I can't tell if she can handle the bigger, stronger 5s. Could she guard Boston for example? (I know, can anybody?).

Finally, I refuse to acknowledge that there may not be a 20-21.
Then I’m glad you’re not still in the classroom

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We're on complete opposite pages here.
1-- I want to make it clear I said "candidates to be All-American." not "All-Americans." I said there were two definite all-Americans. Not 5 all-Americans.
I also want to make it clear that I also said candidates:
Lol. Five (Evina, ONO, Paige, CWill & Anna) AA candidates for UCONN on the 20-21 roster? That's half the roster and a bit ambitious.

Reaction Score

Respectfully, I think there is more than one formula to make the Final Four. To argue that the only way for us to reach the Final Four is to have Edwards start and average 15 points and 8.5 rebounds a game is a bit reductionist. Not every UConn Final Four team had a power forward averaging 15/8.

Reaction Score
Respectfully, I think there is more than one formula to make the Final Four. To argue that the only way for us to reach the Final Four is to have Edwards start and average 15 points and 8.5 rebounds a game is a bit reductionist. Not every UConn Final Four team had a power forward averaging 15/8.
Can you name one? Walker, Collier, Gabby, Stewart, Tuck, Moore in recent history. Most of them are really SF but played the 4 none the less.

Reaction Score
Destiny Slocum has transferred to Arkansas
D8EBBC54-25CF-493C-84F2-41B4F50DA461.png

Reaction Score
Can you name one? Walker, Collier, Gabby, Stewart, Tuck, Moore in recent history. Most of them are really SF but played the 4 none the less.

I would think there would be quite a few. Though Stewart didn't start all games and she transformed herself in the Tourney she averaged 13.4 and 6.4 her frosh year. Though she was close and she was a beast during the tourney. And in 17-18 Stewie averaged 7.8. But roundoff to 8. But here are others:

The year prior, Faris was their PF. She didn't average this. If KML was the pf then she didn't average 8 rebounds.
Swin Cash in 99-00 averaged 9.9 and 5.3
Barb Turner in 02-03 and 03-04 did average close either.

In 17-18 whoever you define as the PF Gabby or Collier they didn't average 15-8 though Collier was above 15 in scoring but 7.4 in rebounding.

In 18-19 Meg Walker was the PF I suppose and she didn't average 15 or 8. If you want to say Katie Lou was the pf she didn't average 8 rebounds. She was 6.3

And in only 1 year did Maya average above 8.5 rebounds. One year it was 7.6 though she also played sf that year. But she did average over 8 two others.

Morgan Tuck never averaged above 6 rebounds a game. And Morgan Tuck never averaged 15 ppf. Though 1 year it was 14.4

Reaction Score
Thanks for putting out some numbers. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Edwards has to average as high as 15/8 but I do have concerns with the depth at the 4 and 5 position next year. It's been the Achilles heel the last few years. However, if she now is a 4 along with Aubrey then they need to seriously impact the game if UConn is going to be bad for basketball next year. I still would feel better if we had another PF to be in the rotation with Edwards, Aubrey, Liv, and Gabriel to absorb fouls so they can play more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom