Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
What will be good for Ty this year is more ball handlers. Last year she was relied upon to handle the ball because we on had two other guards (Cliney and Jackson). This year she can play off the ball more and make plays from the 2 position instead of the one. I’m expecting an AA type of year from Harris.

Depends on how it fits together, but the possibility is there for things to be a lot more uptempo and free flowing.

That might be more fun to watch than force feeding the post.

I'm not sure it will lead to better results, but ought to free Harris up for a better season if the chemistry works.

Reaction Score
A triangle and two against Calhoun? Not that I ever saw and why would they? For Sierra Calhoun? I've watched a ton of OSU games and never seen a focus on her. Not even against Mitchell in a majority of games.
Thats why they won two Big Ten regulars season championships and one Big ten tournament championship and everybody got bonuses lol.

Reaction Score
A Great Coach..... gets their hands on Calhoun right now going into her Senior season will get a real experienced player who's a sponge and student to the game foaming at the mouth to win championships !!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With all due respect .Let me stop you guys write there if any of you guys think Calhoun played a role player at Duke or Ohio State I,m not even going say y'all don' t know basketball. I'm just going say somebody wasn't watching the games. If you where you would've seen how the big ten conference was guarding Calhoun and Mitchell they was in a triangle and two against Mitchell and Calhoun in many games. And if any of you would've been privi to see the opponents scouting report you better bet your last dollar Calhoun was on it. Role players are not on scouting reports or being guarded in a triangle and two. Let me get that out there real quick !!
Let me respond just as quickly! All players play a role in this team game that is basketball. I had to scroll all the way down to the honorable mention to find Calhoun name on the All-Big 10 team so clearly you have overstated her impact in that conference.
Big Ten Women’s Basketball Honors Announced On BTN

Reaction Score
Let me respond just as quickly! All players play a role in this team game that is basketball. I had to scroll all the way down to the honorable mention to find Calhoun name on the All-Big 10 team so clearly you have overstated her impact in that conference.
Big Ten Women’s Basketball Honors Announced On BTN
CocoHusky I usually agree with a lot of stuff you say, but why I disagree with this point that you're saying about overstating Calhoun's impact is that she was on a team with 3 WNBA players on it this year and a championship team. Those other players that made 1st and 2nd team on different teams didn't have any WNBA players on their team this year and didn't win any championships. With that being said, if Calhoun was on one of those teams that didn't have any WNBA players on it this year, she would've averaged a lot more points and would've been 1st or 2nd team. Just because they made 1st or 2nd team and Calhoun made honorable mention on a championship team doesn't make them better than Calhoun.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CocoHusky I usually agree with a lot of stuff you say, but why I disagree with this point that you're saying about overstating Calhoun's impact is that she was on a team with 3 WNBA players on it this year and a championship team. Those other players that made 1st and 2nd team on different teams didn't have any WNBA players on their team this year and didn't win any championships. With that being said, if Calhoun was on one of those teams that didn't have any WNBA players on it this year, she would've averaged a lot more points and would've been 1st or 2nd team. Just because they made 1st or 2nd team and Calhoun made honorable mention on a championship team doesn't make them better than Calhoun.
What kind of twisted logic is that? So someone rigged the all conference team voting just to keep Calhoun down? Hate when that happens. And don't think I going to let you get away with calling that SOLO, Singular, ONLY & ONE conference championship of the Kelsey Mitchell era a real championship team either.

Reaction Score
What kind of twisted logic is that? So someone rigged the all conference team voting just to keep Calhoun down? Hate when that happens. And don't think I going to let you get away with calling that SOLO, Singular, ONLY & ONE conference championship of the Kelsey Mitchell era a real championship team either.

did you see the poster's name......... ?:confused:

Reaction Score
You're making my point Coco!! They didn't win any chips until Calhoun was there with Mitchell. Calhoun was that factor. If you break down the all conference teams when those players/teams matched up with OSU Calhoun scored more or equal to some players that made first or second team.

Reaction Score
There were 3 players on this years OSU team that went to the WNBA and Calhoun still made honorable mention. The other players on there respected teams had NONE. If you switch Calhoun and those other players there is no doubt that her stats in every category would rise and she would have made 1st or 2nd team hands down.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You're making my point Coco!! They didn't win any chips until Calhoun was there with Mitchell. Calhoun was that factor. If you break down the all conference teams when those players/teams matched up with OSU Calhoun scored more or equal to some players that made first or second team.
There were 3 players on this years OSU team that went to the WNBA and Calhoun still made honorable mention. The other players on there respected teams had NONE. If you switch Calhoun and those other players there is no doubt that her stats in every category would rise and she would have made 1st or 2nd team hands down.

Fact check much? Sierra Calhoun scoring average actually went down in Big 10 conference play this year. Not exactly a good way to make an all conference team if you ask me- and you did ask me!
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/stats/season_stats.pdf

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Depends on how it fits together, but the possibility is there for things to be a lot more uptempo and free flowing.

That might be more fun to watch than force feeding the post.

I'm not sure it will lead to better results, but ought to free Harris up for a better season if the chemistry works.

Thinking back to last summer, Ty played off the ball in the U19 tourney and played very well. Maybe with Cuevas-Moore, Henderson, and Cooper to help with the ball handling duties it should allow for Harris to have better scoring opportunities like the Tennessee game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We was on the same side Coco I don't how that changed Head bang
It changed because you started biggin up Calhoun way beyond anything she has ever accomplished. My original post had a bunch of caveats which seems to have been glossed over so let me just repeat them:
1) I am going to take much grief for saying this
2) It will never happen in a million years
3) considering the history but,...
4) of all the transfers,
5) especially those that are immediately eligible to play
6) Sierra Calhoun would make an excellent addition to this year's UCONN roster.
I then went on to say that Sierra Calhoun is a comparable player to Danni Williams and that if UCONN was looking at Danni they might as well look at Sierra.
We parted ways when you jumped in with this crazy talk about Big 10 team running a triangle and 2 on Calhoun (never happened). Calhoun was the OSU4th best player unless we ignore the All big 10 teams selections.

Reaction Score
It changed because you started biggin up Calhoun way beyond anything she has ever accomplished. My original post had a bunch of caveats which seems to have been glossed over so let me just repeat them:
1) I am going to take much grief for saying this
2) It will never happen in a million years
3) considering the history but,...
4) of all the transfers,
5) especially those that are immediately eligible to play
6) Sierra Calhoun would make an excellent addition to this year's UCONN roster.
I then went on to say that Sierra Calhoun is a comparable player to Danni Williams and that if UCONN was looking at Danni they might as well look at Sierra.
We parted ways when you jumped in with this crazy talk about Big 10 team running a triangle and 2 on Calhoun (never happened). Calhoun was the OSU4th best player unless we ignore the All big 10 teams selections.

First of all you need to ask the Coaches from the Big TEN what they thought about Calhoun. Secondly there's no reason to lie about what defense a few teams in the BIG Ten they played against OSU. Thirdly I agree that Calhoun stat wise was the fourth best player this year on OSU stat wise, and that was because of the situation. To make certain accolades the Coach has to put you in position to reach that. Geno is the best at it when his team has that type of talent!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Secondly there's no reason to lie about what defense a few teams in the BIG Ten they played against OSU.
Notice the backsliding you are doing? Now it was a "few teams" in the Big 10 that ran this phantom triangle and 2 against Calhoun and Mitchell. Before you said:
If you where you would've seen how the big ten conference was guarding Calhoun and Mitchell they was in a triangle and two against Mitchell and Calhoun in many games.
So which was it, a few teams, the big ten conference, or many games?

Reaction Score
I didn't count all the games teams applied that defense, but it was enough to notice- lets just say that. Finally the next Coach Calhoun is going to play for I'm sure is going to put her in better position to reach the accomplishments you speak of.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The plan was always an August (second summer semester) graduation for Anriel (according to the A&M message board I visited in the Spring). Some posters suggested she needed more than 2 classes a semester each summer session.

I don't know the rules when it comes to announcing (or more importantly, signing) a verbal commitment as a grad transfer, but technically, she is two semesters away from obtaining her undergraduate degree. Perhaps you have to be in your last semester of undergraduate coursework before you can announce/sign with another school as a graduate transfer. Now that I think about it, if she really is an August graduate, I'm surprised the NCAA allows for official visits two semesters prior to actually earning a degree. I'm sure there are several rules we are not familiar with in this process.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Interesting development for Arkansas. Seems like Neighbors is quickly improving the talent level. Mystifying to me why he did such a bad job of recruiting at UW after Plum and Osahor were in the fold. And his former lead assistant Barnes is killing it at Arizona. I can't understand why Seattle is such a hard sell for recruiting. Not an obstacle for football, men's hoops, volleyball, softball, etc.

newsincerity

New Sincerity
Reaction Score
She's an unproven element, to be sure, but still a good pickup for UCLA, which is in near-desperation mode after all they lost to graduation.

I think desperation is a bit extreme! Rebuilding, sure. But while they don't necessarily have a star like Jordin Canada or Monique Billings returning, they have several solid pieces with Kennedy Burke, Lajahna Drummer, and Japreece Dean while rising sophomores Aussie Chantel Horvat and uber-athletic Michaela Onyenwere showed plenty of promise as freshmen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom