Transfer season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Bridgeport native Isaac Vann is leaving Maine. 6-foot-6 freshman swingman who averaged 16.4 ppg on 46/41/78 splits, also 6 reb/2 ast.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3941317/issac-vann

His first collegiate game was against us. Scored 10 pts (2-10 FG; 6-8 ft) with 5 rebs.

#23 in this clip:

My guess is he ends up somewhere like BC or PC - not sure he's good enough for us, but I suspect he could play for mid-major programs.

Reaction Score

If Hamilton stays in the draft, Livingston would be a great guy to bring in. Larrier slides into DHam's spot, and Livingston steps in for Miller. Here are some highlights of AK State vs. Texas State:

From what I see, he's left-handed, loves that little jump-hook. Can put the ball on the deck and play out of the high post when he needs to. Bigger and stronger than Miller, but not the same type of explosive athlete, more of a widebody. Not a great shooter, but good enough that they'll cover him out there. It would give us a more traditional look down low, and could be a huge help for Brimah.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
What do you guys know about Cane Broome? He apparently has us in his top 4.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Scoring PG who might be better off the ball. Tough as hell and competes really hard, but is slight of build so he can be muscled pretty easily.

I think he'd be a good pick-up for you guys.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

That his family is begging UConn to take him. It doesn't seem like we have shown any interest. Jury's out on if he can play at a high major level. If you guys get him you'd probably be looking at a seventh man or so.

Reaction Score
If we were in the spot we were 2 or 3 years ago, obviously he'd be on our list. But we've made it through the bad times and are getting in high 4- and 5-star big men.

We don't need anymore projects unless they have one absolutely outstanding trait (Amida's shot-blocking) to build around.

But even then we need to be careful right? That's all that came with this package basically for 3 years now and we may have whiffed on others since because he was here. Need more intelligent players and maybe Giddens doesn't fit that either because he would seem to have to tools to be better, sometimes these kids just don't get it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Simon probably isn't looking to go somewhere to provide depth. He wants a chance to run a team. With our young points, UConn very well may not be of interest to him.

Exactly. He's depth right now. On a high major team in a P5 conference. With a lot of very attractive coeds.

Kid clearly wants minutes. No shame in that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh baby

Best news since last summer. If we don't get in on it, just for the laugh value alone, I'll be severely disappointed. Months of material there.

Besides, we need another project big who should be at a mid-level mid major.

Reaction Score
Now a top 2...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Sacred Heart transfer Cane Broome is down to two schools, per sources: Creighton and Cincinnati.

FWIW @kobe, a reputable insider from another UConn board who is more often right than he is wrong, has said that Broome's family likes Creighton a lot, and this was before he announced his top 4.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Now a top 2...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Sacred Heart transfer Cane Broome is down to two schools, per sources: Creighton and Cincinnati.

FWIW @kobe, a reputable insider from another UConn board who is more often right than he is wrong, has said that Broome's family likes Creighton a lot, and this was before he announced his top 4.
One Catholic school to another, perhaps?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Possible, although the annual matchup against UConn has to be a decent selling point for Cincinnati here.
True, but Creighton plays @ St. John's and @ Seton Hall as well. Not a tough trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom