Transfer Portal | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Adding more to that:

Spencer is 6'4 205, 53.8 2p%, 35.3 3p% (40% shots from three) and 85.8 ft% on 3.5 FTAs a game show three level scoring ability. 2.3 steals/game is enticing too.

Combined numbers this season against their two best opponents, UNC and Saint Bonaventure: 18.3p, 4.4r, 3.8a, 2.2s, 46.3 fg% in 35.8 mpg. Small sample size for sure, but nice to see his production was still excellent against two top-100 teams.

At Loyola, he played about 2/3rds of his minutes at the 3 and 1/3 at the 4.

Patriot League kids tend to "play-up" pretty well too.

Yes, please.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You don't even need to be an alumnus to be classified as a booster. It's based on exceeding a level of contributions to the athletic department (not sure if where the exact number sits but its surprisingly small and can include non-monetary contributions) where the NCAA draws a line.

I imagine he exceeded it by a massive amount every year for a number of years now.
As a football season ticket holder, I was told my seat donation made me a booster. So the amount does not need to be that much.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Lol so by your account there are only a handful of big time p5 programs? Outside of the kentucky and duke tier I’d say we qualify with the rest of the pack.
Dukes “big time” P5 program isn’t going to look as Big time next year. Kentucky isn’t big to me either. I am more worried about Creighton, Gonzaga, Houston, Nova, Arkansas, Rutgers, St Peter’s! My point is P5 means nothing it is pure marketing and nothing else

Reaction Score
Another guard of note:

Bradley's Terry Roberts hit the portal last night. After a season of JUCO (Florida Southwestern State), he had an excellent for Bradley, earning all-MVC first team honors, the first Bradley Brave to do so in eleven seasons.

The 6'3 180 guard from North Amityville, NY averaged 14.5p, 4.9r, 4.1a, 3.1 TO, 1.6s, 0.5b, 50.2 2p%, 34.5 3p% (about 30% shots from deep) and 70 ft% at 2.9 attempts per game.

He led Bradley in points and assists. Split his time between the point and the 2.

Twelve of Bradley's games were against teams wit KenPom ratings 100 or better (Loyola-Chicago, Colorado State, Missouri State, South Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Toledo and Drake) and in those games he averaged 14.2 ppg.

Based on those stats, I'd like more willingness to shoot from three and less turnovers, but he's a scorer and facilitator at one of the best mid-major conferences. I also like how he's a combo guard, so he can take PG minutes, if needed, but also play alongside Diggins too.

Reaction Score
The portal has so many quality players in it already. I wonder who we’re in on. If Cole returns and/or we grab a key transfer or two, we could be really good next year.

Right now the only publicly reported contact is Shannon, but the rumors are he's a heavy UK/Illinois lean. Should be more names trickling out over the next few weeks I'm sure as more kids enter the portal

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Former Shocker G Stevenson on the move again.
Also, I followed Pinson at Mizzou and LSU. Combo-Guard, facilitator and scorer who places constant pressure on defenses, probing for gaps leading to floaters and dunks. Imo but for the Pinson transfer Cuonzo Martin may still be at the helm at Mizzou. Could compete for BE honors here, he and Cole would form a devastating backcourt duo.

Reaction Score
Even if Cole does come back, I feel like we need another combo guard type. Need to hedge our backup PG bets.
I gotta disagree unless there’s a transfer out. We’d have Diggins and Gaffney at guard still hopefully taking another step. Hawkins should take the next step and demand 25-30 min. Andre should continue to improve as a facilitator. And we’re adding Floyd to the roster who based on reports seems ready to contribute.

Reaction Score
Pretty good read if hasn't been posted yet....the obvious imo is that need another steady ball-handler with or without Cole. Ideally a ball handler that can shoot. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings on the team, but can't go into next season without adding a couple of transfers or at least 1 if Cole rerturns. Too many unkowns with current group if expect to compete for BE title....better to have too many that not enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there a sense cole is making up his mind or weighing his pro options against coming back? If he’s weighing his options I feel like that could drag things out more than if he’s strictly deciding what he wants to do.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I see Llewellyn showing up frequently. Are we connected? How is he any different than Gaffney? Slight of frame, not super explosive. Give me someone with some game who played against legit competition and can get a bucket when everything else has gone south.

Reaction Score
It's in Hurley's hands, but he must realize need another ball handler desperately...can't sleep on this and come up empty in portal.

Reaction Score
Cole not making a decision public is detrimental to the team. We have to hope Hurley is informed on what Cole is doing and acting accordingly.

Or we are screwed.

Reaction Score
Ok so you are convinced that Hurley who has no track recored of leaning on Transfers is going to pick up 2 guards? I guess we will just have to see who is right then. Again it is just our opinions. You are stating stuff like you know exactly what Hurley will do. LOL!
Yes I think Dan Hurley is going to replace the 2 open scholarships we have from transfers graduating with 2 new transfers. We're not even connected to a single 2022 recruit right now

Reaction Score
Ok so you are convinced that Hurley who has no track recored of leaning on Transfers is going to pick up 2 guards? I guess we will just have to see who is right then. Again it is just our opinions. You are stating stuff like you know exactly what Hurley will do. LOL!

2 of the best 3 players on this year’s team were transfers.

Reaction Score
Yet, Hurley brought in 2 of the top 3 scorers on this past team (Cole and Martin). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom