Transfer Portal | Page 70 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I expected, the mid majors have become the P5 farm system. Those schools and coaches don't stand a chance
Stand a chance to what? A mid major has never won a title in the modern era.

Yet last year Kentucky was loaded with top transfer talent including the POTY in the country and they lost to 15 seed St. Peter's who made the Elite 8.

On a macro level the talent disparity is not going to change very much.

The roster spot maximums haven't changed. If top mid major players are up-transferring, then somebody has to be down-transferring. And those players look to be a lot of recruits who didn't play or pan out (ie the Diggins, Gaffney level players). What can those players be? How about a Teddy Allen.

Reaction Score
Ends up where everyone suspected he would 15 seconds after he entered, despite all the rumors of other spots in between

Reaction Score
Villanova finally loses a player to Portal, Bryan Antone enters the Portal, former 5* has been often injured with Nova.
At 6-5 he would fit great in our new system but unclear at what level he can actually play at post injuries...former ESPN #15 player out of HS (2019) so there has to be some skill left in him and he definitely needs a fresh start. I wouldn't say no with the scholarships we have available...

Reaction Score
In other West Virginia news, their former top-75 prospect, Isaiah Cottrell, signed with UNLV.

You can make a pretty solid starting lineup with their five-man transfer class:

PG - Jackie Johnson, 5'11 185 SO from Duquesne, 9.5p, 37.3 3p%
2 - Elijah Harkless, 6'3 195 GR from Oklahoma, 10p, 1.3s, 32.3 3p%
3rd G - Eli Parquet, 6'4 195 GR from Colorado, 6.9p, 44.3 fg%
4 - Luis Rodriguez, 6'6 210 SR from Ole Miss, 6.5p, 5.5r, 1.8a, 30.4 3p%
Big - Isaiah Cottrell, 6'10 245 JR from West Virginia, 4.2p, 2.8r, 0.8b, 32.3 3p%.

UNLV also returns Donovan Williams (12.7 ppg, originally a Texas commit) and bring in the #83 commit w/ forward KyeRon Lindsay. They also retain four other rotation players...you got a pretty solid roster to compete in the MWC, one of my favorite conferences over the last five years.

Reaction Score
That Terrence Shannon story is WILD

There's an article on Barstool that has the deleted tweets from Hunter Dickinson TORCHING the TTech coach - if you are so inclined...

Reaction Score
That Terrence Shannon story is WILD

There's an article on Barstool that has the deleted tweets from Hunter Dickinson TORCHING the TTech coach - if you are so inclined...
The whole thing is stupid. A coach can't block a kid from taking summer classes. Similarly it doesn't really do anything for the school to give a kid no longer on the team a ton of free summer courses so that he can graduate and transfer

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
You know, I’ve never looked at a spiffy post and thought to myself I wish I had a translator so I could understand this more completely. Pretty much, my thought process is “yeah, I’m not reading that.”
So true

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Apparently all his credits from WVU didn’t carry over to Washington, so he’s going back to get his degree
My source tells me he won’t have to retake Deliverance Banjo 101

Reaction Score
As I expected, the mid majors have become the P5 farm system. Those schools and coaches don't stand a chance
It’s not only “mid Major” whatever that means , but bottom programs in better conferences or any team after a less than great year.
Just imagine
Cliffy and Phil in the portal in 1986
or Chris Smith in 1989
This needs modification or it will kill college basketball

Reaction Score
It’s not only “mid Major” whatever that means , but bottom programs in better conferences or any team after a less than great year.
Just imagine
Cliffy and Phil in the portal in 1986
or Chris Smith in 1989
This needs modification or it will kill college basketball
It is probably already dead. Just most people don’t know it yet.

Reaction Score
It is probably already dead. Just most people don’t know it yet.
Men’s College Basketball has the second best Tournament in the World. It’s a huge money maker .that pretty much supports all the rest of the NCAA except The FSB playoffs. The P5 pretty much keeps that with the exception of G5 handouts..
Even with the BB Tournaments current revenue some media opinions Claim it’s even worth more.
You don’t screw around with something that valuable
we’re talking billions with a ( B)
Get a pro like Gavitt to replace the current egghead and if he is half the man his dad was he will be 1000% improvement

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You can’t help but laugh at these 6th year seniors bouncing to their 3rd or 4th schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom