Transfer portal part 2 | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
LOL I was looking to post this but they made their twitter private after getting blasted by everyone
Actually, he got nasty with a coach and is getting called out for it. More people are coming out talking of similar experiences. The tone he used in one conversation was disgusting.

He's not professional one bit. What's sad is that there are families who don't know enough and will pay money for his services.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 2022-23 transfer portal has officially begun.

New record of 1210 players in the transfer portal for the 2021-22 period.

Not yet. You have until today to enter the portal but then the school has a few days to do it. This only applies to 1st time transfer who wants to play right away but grad transfer can leave anytime this summer and be eligible. Really this summer to me is 2021-2022 transfer because its players who were on a team in 2021-2022 leaving for a new one. Once rosters are finalized when fall semester starts then I think it becomes 2022-2023 transfers.

Reaction Score
Not yet. You have until today to enter the portal but then the school has a few days to do it. This only applies to 1st time transfer who wants to play right away but grad transfer can leave anytime this summer and be eligible. Really this summer to me is 2021-2022 transfer because its players who were on a team in 2021-2022 leaving for a new one. Once rosters are finalized when fall semester starts then I think it becomes 2022-2023 transfers.
Thanks Husky.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, the school has 2 business days to enter the player's name into the portal. So, this year, the immediate eligibility portal entry closes on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 11:59PM.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just to clarify, the school has 2 business days to enter the player's name into the portal. So, this year, the immediate eligibility portal entry closes on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 11:59PM.
That's right. A student-athlete must provide the current school with a written request to enter the transfer portal by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport.

Reaction Score
BREAKING: Source familiar with the situation confirms that big Emily Kiser is in the transfer portal out of Michigan. The grad xfer had a breakout senior season as a full-time starter, earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention, averaging 9.3 pts/8.1 reb/1.8 ast/0.9 blk.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
BREAKING: Source familiar with the situation confirms that big Emily Kiser is in the transfer portal out of Michigan. The grad xfer had a breakout senior season as a full-time starter, earning All-Big Ten Honorable Mention, averaging 9.3 pts/8.1 reb/1.8 ast/0.9 blk.
Interesting. Kiser didn’t start until her senior year at MI. She had a really nice year. Some team will be getting a very good player.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Hmmmm, here is a fun fact, Kiser played at Noblesville, Indiana, same high school as Ashlynn Shade.

Kiser can rebound the basketball, 8.1 per game last season, more defensive rebounds than Hillmon.

This one will be worth watching.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Hmmmm, here is a fun fact, Kiser played at Noblesville, Indiana, same high school as Ashlynn Shade.

Kiser can rebound the basketball, 8.1 per game last season, more defensive rebounds than Hillmon.

This one will be worth watching.
She'll be a great addition for whoever lands her. Ironically the team that could probably use her the most is Michigan who has very little experience inside.

Reaction Score
She'll be a great addition for whoever lands her. Ironically the team that could probably use her the most is Michigan who has very little experience inside.
From social media it looks like she might be dating Franz Wagner, who played at Michigan. Now with the Orlando Magic. Maybe she looks to transfer closer to him?

Reaction Score

the Michigan senior class seemed very close and I think they just wanted to go out together on a high note? Not as common today but I think most of their class stayed in tact through the 4 years? Maybe 1 left?

Naz has gone off to the WNBA.I think the others are not using their free year. so maybe Kiser just thought after a great run to Elite 8 that if she wants to use her 1 free year to do it elsewhere since everyone she came in with in the 18 class is gone?

Reaction Score
It would be cool to have an updated top players left in the portal ranking/list. I know Reese and Saniya are two big ones I keep checking for.

Reaction Score
It would be cool to have an updated top players left in the portal ranking/list. I know Reese and Saniya are two big ones I keep checking for.
I’m curious as to what position S Rivers is looking to play at her next school.

Reaction Score
This article was from a week ago. Of the top 15 undecided, only three still are. Reese, Rivers, and Sonya Morris, I believe.

Reaction Score
I’m curious as to what position S Rivers is looking to play at her next school.
Shooting guard? :D I honestly don’t know. She does not want to be a PG. She’s got great handles, is a terrific passer and can jump out of the gym. The main thing is she wants to play lots of minutes.

Reaction Score
Shooting guard? :D I honestly don’t know. She does not want to be a PG. She’s got great handles, is a terrific passer and can jump out of the gym. The main thing is she wants to play lots of minutes.
Has to be the 2. But her shot was terrible this year. I think it exists (she came in with a reputation as an elite scorer) and it never materialized.

Rivers was open about wanting to win NFOY in the preseason and obviously that was never a realistic possibility or discussion. To be sure, I am a huge fan of Rivers. Find her immensely talented and think it's a major loss for the program given what she will become (imo). But she got 11+ minutes a game which is a lot on a stacked veteran team when you're shooting 30% and 3% from the arc.

It does sound like it truly just wasn't a fit on either end.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
(Raoul) Three into the portal out of Rutgers WBB:
—Sayawni Lassiter, 5-10 GR guard, Boston, MA (grad xfer; previously at FSU)
—Lasha Petree, 6-0 SR wing, Detroit, MI (grad xfer; previously at Bradley)
—Kierra Sanderlin, 5-10 FR guard, Converse, TX

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Arizona is a good example of how quickly things can change. A year ago the Wildcats looked like the next big thing in WBB under HC Adia Barnes, after making it all the way to the championship and losing a nail biter to Stanford. After a somewhat disappointing season this year, AZ now has 8-9 transfers, plus a couple graduates, leaving their roster devastated.

AZ does have a good freshman class coming in, who will be likely be getting major PT right out of the gate.

Reaction Score
Arizona is a good example of how quickly things can change. A year ago the Wildcats looked like the next big thing in WBB under HC Adia Barnes, after making it all the way to the championship and losing a nail biter to Stanford. After a somewhat disappointing season this year, AZ now has 8-9 transfers, plus a couple graduates, leaving their roster devastated.

AZ does have a good freshman class coming in, who will be likely be getting major PT right out of the gate.
I'm curious as to whether the transfers coming in and those staying will affect the PT for some of these 2022 recruits. The guard position seems to be very congested with Pellington returning and Fields joining the roster.

Reaction Score
But she got 11+ minutes a game which is a lot on a stacked veteran team when you're shooting 30% and 3% from the arc.
Now compare her to another highly ranked Freshmen on an elite team.

Player (Ducharme) had 3 phases last season:
  1. Pre-Paige injury (5 games)
  2. Pre-Caroline injury (12 games)
  3. Post-Caroline injury (14 games)
Team (UConn) had 3 phases last season:
  1. Pre-Paige injury (5 games)
  2. Paige injury (15 games)
  3. Post-Paige injury (11 games)
During the 'Off' games she averaged similar minutes (13.5 and 12.6 respectively) but had an opportunity during the 'On' games to show her potential.

1651672816780.png

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom