Transfer portal - outbound | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Diaco era kids continue to do their thing.

Reaction Score
Has there been any word why he left? Kind of surprising since Edsall liked him, there was a role available, and he's leaving for a lower level

While I have no idea what was going through his head, the obvious reasons would be wanting more snaps, and just being unable to take another year of losing all the time.

Reaction Score
Do these scrubs realize they were the reason for 'the struggle'

I wish them no luck in future endeavors outside of Eli Thomas.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Things calm down and then things get spicy again. No idea why any outbound player would decide Randy's quotes today are about them. Impossible to judge this rift from the outside, I just want to turn the page.

Donovan Williams
@donwon_15

Never in my life have I approached this game with a sense of entitlement. Earned every second on that field and every ounce of respect from teammates and coaches. Look in the mirror

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Bad blood continues to stir. I suppose the outbound kids that signed today now feel comfortable they can talk because they have a new home and papers are signed.

As a fan of the program, I'm not that keen to take sides with those that are no longer here. I'm still here as a fan and we have 25 new faces that choose to be here that I want to support. For those reasons, I just want the malcontents to shut up and move on.

Donaldson was granted his scholarship by Edsall, guess that didn't work out in the end.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Bad blood continues to stir. I suppose the outbound kids that signed today now feel comfortable they can talk because they have a new home and papers are signed.

As a fan of the program, I'm not that keen to take sides with those that are no longer here. I'm still here as a fan and we have 25 new faces that choose to be here that I want to support. For those reasons, I just want the malcontents to shut up and move on.

Donaldson was granted his scholarship by Edsall, guess that didn't work out in the end.

I gotta agree at this point. Best of luck. You are moving on. You have your commitment. Now leave it be. You're just being an @****le at this point.

Let's also not forget that these players transferring were the ones who were playing and losing every week. So if you want to blame "leadership", and I'm not saying RE doesn't have a big hand in this, maybe these players need to take a hard look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Do these scrubs realize they were the reason for 'the struggle'

I wish them no luck in future endeavors outside of Eli Thomas.
Why? It isn’t there fault they were recruited to a level they would never have been able to compete in.
I wish them all the best of luck.

Reaction Score
Not a particularly good one.

meh, we held our own with D1 teams on schedule.
Diaco era kids continue to do their thing.

I liked and respected this kid while here. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

If I knew him I would coach him to not post things like this - guess what, life is a struggle. Family, work, faith, friendships all involve struggle. what will you do when your boss creates a struggling environment for you? Transfer? Post it on SM?

Welcome to the world young man. Learn from the struggle and plan on how you will better approach the next one - because guess what, the struggles they do come.

PWS

Reaction Score
This is what has them all fired up. Edsall has now insulted every transfer in the nation.

Reaction Score
Things calm down and then things get spicy again. No idea why any outbound player would decide Randy's quotes today are about them. Impossible to judge this rift from the outside, I just want to turn the page.

Donovan Williams
@donwon_15

Never in my life have I approached this game with a sense of entitlement. Earned every second on that field and every ounce of respect from teammates and coaches. Look in the mirror

I want it to be over too. But it's not too much to ask the 60 year old coach to be the grown up in the room and not make inflammatory comments. He forgets he left here, got fired, and came back hat in hand. Brought his son to a paying coaching position as well. Perhaps this is one of those instances when talking about entitlement, that is like the pot is calling the kettle black. Shut up and coach. The same guy who won't offer comments on the upcoming schedule wants to offer comments on transfer portal athletes being entitled. You really can't make him up.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is it really too hard to say we looked and there really wasn't a mutual fit? Last year we found some, we will look again in the future.
Well - yeah that would be a slightly better tack. Sure.

Reaction Score
Insulted? Really thats what it takes today to insult someone? What a bunch of babies.

I guess we'll see how this "bunch of babies" (and it's a pretty big bunch) works out for their new coaches. And we'll also see how things go for Randy when he's all out of scapegoats.
These "babies" may be right or may be wrong. But it's not just one disgruntled guy and I support their right to talk about their experience here. If you have inside information that contradicts that maybe you can post it instead of namecalling.

PWS

Reaction Score
I guess we'll see how this "bunch of babies" (and it's a pretty big bunch) works out for their new coaches. And we'll also see how things go for Randy when he's all out of scapegoats.
These "babies" may be right or may be wrong. But it's not just one disgruntled guy and I support their right to talk about their experience here. If you have inside information that contradicts that maybe you can post it instead of namecalling.

Last time I checked over the last 2 years Randy Edsall has coached one of the 5 worst teams in the Country, historically pitiful. He can't afford to alienate anybody. He may think they are entitled, he may be upset that 25 players bailed on him, but he should be smart enough not to say it publically. Frankly, he should be asking himself, what can I do better? How can we fix this? Instead, it's not his fault. If the players have changed, then you have to change, not the other way around. BTW, 2 of the best players on the team last year were transfers. I would take a whole teamload of DJ Morgans and Art Thompsons over most of the guys on the team. He has no ability to learn. It has been the same since he got here the first time and at Maryland. It is never his fault. Well, as the saying goes, you are your record and he is what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom