Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Billy Preston.. A Kansas recruit who never played at Kansas.. Has gone on record as saying the Kansas coaching staff was aware of the money his mother was receiving from Adidas for his commitment to Kansas..Debatable whether Kansas will ever have to deal with this information but NCAA is currently looking into it.. Post season ban is in play for 2023
If you believe Kansas is getting a postseason ban, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you

Reaction Score
If you believe Kansas is getting a postseason ban, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you
Tend to agree as I've never stated it will happen.. Simply that there is some more smoke.... But.. IMO.. the Kansas/Kentucky news could very well have an influence on HD's decision.. Bill S has shown a number of times that he's teflon with NCAA..

I'm good without the bridge in my Real Estate portfolio

Reaction Score
Billy Preston.. A Kansas recruit who never played at Kansas.. Has gone on record as saying the Kansas coaching staff was aware of the money his mother was receiving from Adidas reps for his commitment to Kansas..Debatable whether Kansas will ever have to deal with this information but NCAA is currently looking into it.. Post season ban is in play for 2023 beyond the previous self-imposed ban.. Edit--Source SB Nation article by Nathan Beighle 5-2-23

I’m curious as to what first comes to mind w/ Preston for @kansashusky

Reaction Score
Portal thread and HD has these two schools on his short list of 4..Decision soon.. Stories came out this week on two of his schools. Thought it was interesting because of timing and I'm sure Nova and Maryland aren't talking about this in their continuing recruiting pitches to HD.

Reaction Score
Tend to agree as I've never stated it will happen.. Simply that there is some more smoke.... But.. IMO.. the Kansas/Kentucky news could very well have an influence on HD's decision.. Bill S has shown a number of times that he's teflon with NCAA..

I'm good without the bridge in my Real Estate portfolio
It's Kansas

Reaction Score
That game at the Phogg next season might be my only penciled in loss

Reaction Score
Won’t some of these big programs prioritizing transfers turn off some big high school recruits going forward? I don’t know what Kansas recruiting class looks like but I wouldn’t think incoming freshman will like losing playing time.

Reaction Score
Won’t some of these big programs prioritizing transfers turn off some big high school recruits going forward? I don’t know what Kansas recruiting class looks like but I wouldn’t think incoming freshman will like losing playing time.
They have the #6 class in the country, and no it won't. Because kids like to win and bringing in good players helps with that. Any top recruit knows they're going to be battling for playing time against top talent. If they don't want that they go commit to a lower level program like Eastern Michigan or Syracuse

Reaction Score
It is a shame what the NCAA is coming to, but at the end of the day its all about the $$$. The universities with all of the NIL money will be no different then the Yankees, Dodgers or Lakers loading up on the top free agents every year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They have the #6 class in the country, and no it won't. Because kids like to win and bringing in good players helps with that. Any top recruit knows they're going to be battling for playing time against top talent. If they don't want that they go commit to a lower level program like Eastern Michigan or Syracuse
They played a 6'8" guy at center last year. They had a freshman center, but it takes those guys some time. The 2023 class is all guards and wings. They lost their PF and SF to the NBA and Rice (SF) transferred. KJ Adams will shift from 5 to 4 where he belongs and Hunter steps in at the 5. Ernest Udeh is a sophomore 5 now, can back up for a year and start next year. Ejiofor is a sophomore and can back up Adams.

They will need to recruit 4s and 5s for 2024 class, but Dickenson won't impact that. As you can see, they are all over that.

If you compare it to UConn, say Adre is in the draft, yes, we have two freshmen who can play the 3, but you can't rely on that. So we'd bring in a one year transfer while those guys develop. This is how teams will do it now. However strange it seems.

Reaction Score
Why did Michigan suck the past two seasons with Dickinson? I didn't watch them at all, just wondering why they were so bad with him and their other highly rated recruits? Did they have a lot of injuries?

Reaction Score
Just incredibly corny. Good for him though, I guess.
I don't think we'll ever see DH chase drama queens like this..........at least I hope not.
He had great stats in his three years but seems to have proven he's not a winner on the big stage OR that Juwann Howard is not a good coach with all the talent he had to work with.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

They will lose a player or two now with HD coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom