Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty clear he wants to go somewhere where he'll have 30+ minutes a game. That's not going to be here. Would be kind of fun to see him go to UNC....
I mean we just don’t know if that’s true. We can’t speculate but A couple of our guys still have decisions to make. He’s a Jersey RC kid. If we have a shot Hurley will know.

Reaction Score
Me too. The players will be getting paid and there is no coincidence the NIL floodgates opened after the Supreme Court commentary on the NCAA. Maybe over time the payer changes to the schoo or the conference (after the inevitable split from the NCAA). You are not putting the toothpaste back in the tube.
Paying them out of what? The vast majority of schools are in the red. Students subsidize athletic departments with their fees.

Until that time when the NCAA can legally cap coaches' salary (which is currently against the law) there is no extra money left outside of the 10 top football schools.

Reaction Score
Paying them out of what? The vast majority of schools are in the red. Students subsidize athletic departments with their fees.

Until that time when the NCAA can legally cap coaches' salary (which is currently against the law) there is no extra money left outside of the 10 top football schools.
Schools aren’t the ones paying them

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
I mean we just don’t know if that’s true. We can’t speculate but A couple of our guys still have decisions to make. He’s a Jersey RC kid. If we have a shot Hurley will know.
I’m sure Coach knows how the roster will shape out, but Mgbako certainly doesn’t seem like a kid that will be content with coming off the bench, seeing as he just left Duke for that exact reason. So probably not his ideal landing spot here.

Reaction Score
I’m sure Coach knows how the roster will shape out, but Mgbako certainly doesn’t seem like a kid that will be content with coming off the bench, seeing as he just left Duke for that exact reason. So probably not his ideal landing spot here.
Again. If some of our “wings” don’t come back why would he come off the bench? He’s start over jaylin Stewart or any other wing we’ve recruited

Reaction Score
There was a picture of Cooley addressing the rest of the coaches in the Athletic department Gtown his first day down there. There's maybe 20 people in the picture. All 20 had horrible body language. Arms folded, heads down. Nobody making eye contact. Looks of astonishment. I have no idea what he was saying to his new peers, but not one of them seemed to like it.

Edit found it.

Some of these people make like $20k-$30k as coach and it's a side job. I'm sure they're not even around campus for parts of the year. I know people like that in D1 sports. I know a volleyball coach who was making $15k a year in D1 as of a few year ago. Soccer coaches in D1 as well.

Reaction Score
Rough for Pitino

Damn, that one seemed like a lock. Still tons of good players out there, but having doubts about a Pitino "one year turnaround" now.

Reaction Score

Now this actually made me chuckle Jesse Edwards is leaving Syracuse.

Starting to feel bad for the little guys at Syracuse just nothing seems to go right for them

What makes it even more entertaining is there were reports he was confirmed coming back and they were celebrating…then the meltdown

Reaction Score
Rough for Pitino

Thanks tcf15 for the news. That sucks. I was hoping and certain he would join Pitino at St. John's. It would've meant tougher competition for the rest of the teams in the Big East, but it would've been better for the entire Big East as well.

I should check myself on the certainty. Nothing is ever certain. Crystal Ball predictions had Sanogo going to Seton Hall. Back in the mid 90s Stephon Marbury was known to sleep in the Syracuse locker rooms, or something like that, but he went to Georgia Tech instead. Shareef Abdur Rahim was a big fan of Georgia Tech and was thought to go there for sure to only go to the California Bears.

Reaction Score
They have objectively bad facilities compared to the competition. One would think if this dude is ready to spend like some folks are saying, he'd have helped out there a bit more.

Edit: I also think this will be an issue for Pitino. NIL and Pitino's name recognition are nice, but it's still got to be hard to compete with a place like UF that has the NIL and has a WAY nicer campus and basketball facilities. St. John's will always come across as second rate until they fix that.
I would assume Pitino discussed upgrading facilities when he was negotiating his contract with Father Shanley, the athletic director, and other execs of St. John's. I don't know this for sure, but reading the tea leaves leads me to believe this as he wants St. john's to become big time.

Reaction Score
I will be the first guy to admit I was wrong if this guy, whose name I already forgot, leads Florida to an SEC championship.
I can’t believe I’m chiming in here. It’s only one game, but Clayton played better against us than any of Florida’a guards did. We annihilated them. SEC title? I dunno. Upgrade? Probably. Plus, Iona was about as good as Florida last year. He and Will Richard should help form a solid backcourt.
BCBD0B1D-9547-4124-A4ED-A73BFEFDB079.jpeg
00B4D975-91E9-401E-A4A2-835C4CFC40FD.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hunter D visiting Georgetown/Maryland/Kansas ..GT is first of those visits Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom