Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Good night for Georgetown in the portal, Epps from Illinois and now Dontrez Styles from UNC commits to the Hoyas.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Super versatile defender and a solid stretch 4.

Crap, with Cooley at Georgetown am I actually going to like this Providence squad? Feels weird, but like Georgetown and St. John’s seem like the new villains now.

Coached against Ticket, he’s an athlete and willing defender with length. Excited for him to play in the Big East. He’s no star but solid player and loves coach English it seems.

Reaction Score
Clayton, Jr of Iona and Lukocious of Bulter are in the portal. Suggest a push to get either or both. If one, Clayton would be a great add.

Reaction Score
You do realize that these things have a way of working themselves out. I do think we will be just looking for one shooter in the transfer portal especially if Alleyne and possibly Newton is coming back.
Well, they ultimately do because only 13 players can show up for classes next fall and have their schollies covered. And it's hard to have a good conversation about this without violating the gag order we're all under. But reading tea leaves, and respecting the gag order, I have seen nothing that makes me think we're going into the portal for anything other than another #2 and that the staff hopes it's Timberlake.

Reaction Score
That PG is coming already in the form of a top 10 freshman recruit named Stephon Castle
Understood, Castle looks the part... However, he will be a freshman... I should have added the adjective "experienced" before "classic PG"... Would it not be great to have one with experience and another up and coming PG to back him up?

Reaction Score
Agreed. But I also think we need to look for an experienced backup big willing to play 10-15 minutes a game if Singare and/or Samson not ready and/or injury insurance. Not overly experienced or deep in the front court.

Stephon Castle loading....

Reaction Score
Lets say Jackson and Newton are back and we have a lineup of
Castle 30 minutes
newton 30 minutes
jackson 30 minutes
karaban 30 minutes
clingan 30 minutes

Samson/Alleyne/ball/singare/stewart/ross of the bench and 50 total minutes available for that group of 6 guys. If staff is confident that those guys can play backup minutes the only possible need I see is an extra backup big for insurance. I legit think Stewart and Ball especially are gonne be ready for big minutes form day 1. Think we are sleeping on stewart a bit, but he seems like an ideal 3/d wing who can play minutes as a freshman

Reaction Score
Understood, Castle looks the part... However, he will be a freshman... I should have added the adjective "experienced" before "classic PG"... Would it not be great to have one with experience and another up and coming PG to back him up?
Someone experienced like say a national championship winning PG like Tristen Newton? Absolutely

Reaction Score
Clayton, Jr of Iona and Lukocious of Bulter are in the portal. Suggest a push to get either or both. If one, Clayton would be a great add.
I believe Clayton is down to St Johns (shocker) and Florida. Don’t think we have a shot at him

Lukosius is an interesting one. I assumed he was inefficient but shot 38% from three last year. If we’re going for a BE shooter, then I’d prefer Storr

Reaction Score
Castle 30 minutes
newton 30 minutes
jackson 30 minutes
karaban 30 minutes
clingan 30 minutes

Samson/Alleyne/ball/singare/stewart/ross of the bench and 50 total minutes available for that group of 6 guys. If staff is confident that those guys can play backup minutes the only possible need I see is an extra backup big for insurance
unless clingan is whapping corner 3s like we saw in that practice video we need a knockdown 3 pt shooter off the bench like timberlake a lot more than a 3rd backup big man.

Reaction Score
Clayton is a Lake Wales kid who played for Pitino at Iona. Former coach or hometown team. It’ll be one of the 2.

Before anyone says how far Lake Wales is from Gainesville, Polk County is Gator country

Reaction Score
Xavier got a PG

Very curious about Butler. I didn't love the Matta hire personally, but his track record speaks for itself at least. So far he's nabbed two solid mid/low major performers and a former top-100 4-star MSU recruit that never got much traction in East Lansing. Seems like he's throwing you know what at the wall and hoping 2/3 stick and are able to play at the BE-level. So far he seems to be leveraging the portal the right way, but losing a guy like Lukocious is a tough blow for anything you're trying to develop there. If they return Manny Bates they have a fighting chance to not come in last? But looks like another rough year in Indy.

Very curious to see who holds down last place between Hall/DePaul/Butler.

Reaction Score
Castle 30 minutes
newton 30 minutes
jackson 30 minutes
karaban 30 minutes
clingan 30 minutes

Samson/Alleyne/ball/singare/stewart/ross of the bench and 50 total minutes available for that group of 6 guys. If staff is confident that those guys can play backup minutes the only possible need I see is an extra backup big for insurance. I legit think Stewart and Ball especially are gonne be ready for big minutes form day 1. Think we are sleeping on stewart a bit, but he seems like an ideal 3/d wing who can play minutes as a freshman
All our starters will be between 25-30 minutes like last year. I don't think anyone is going to average 30+. I'd say there are going to be more like 75 for the backups. Just like this year.

They'll go 9 deep, so 4 backups will share 75 minutes

Reaction Score
Very curious about Butler. I didn't love the Matta hire personally, but his track record speaks for itself at least. So far he's nabbed two solid mid/low major performers and a former top-100 4-star MSU recruit that never got much traction in East Lansing. Seems like he's throwing you know what at the wall and hoping 2/3 stick and are able to play at the BE-level. So far he seems to be leveraging the portal the right way, but losing a guy like Lukocious is a tough blow for anything you're trying to develop there. If they return Manny Bates they have a fighting chance to not come in last? But looks like another rough year in Indy.

Very curious to see who holds down last place between Hall/DePaul/Butler.
Butler right now is badddddd. They’ve added guys from low level teams that weren’t good, and a guy who scored 4 points a game at MSU, all while losing their top 5 scorers. Things are bleak for them, Mata seems to be way over his head right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom