Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes, but the freshmen should be here in June...so they'll get 1/2 the time Karaban got...it's not 1 v 0

Alex is a stud, but someone like Castle is on a different level
Yup.

Also, my main point in posting those clips wasn’t necessarily start three freshmen, but that we usually have freshmen come in and make the impact of a Clingan and Karaban pretty consistently. Whether the team success came with it is another story but it’s not abnormal to see a freshmen come in and play well here.

I left a lot of guys off this list from the 2010s alone (like Bazz, Scoe, Omar Calhoun, and Daniel Hamilton)

Fuggit I found these from Omar’s freshman year too and can’t leave them off

2012- Omar Calhoun Three vs. Providence

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Not sure if we'd want to add an incoming JR, but Jaylin Sellers fits a need as a good shooter (1.7 3PM, 45 3p%, 13.5p) with size (6'4 180).

Since he's coming from the MAC, perchance he'd be open to a possible bench role a la Alleyne for a shot to play for the champs and in the Big East?

Other stats of note:

111.3 Offensive Rating (423rd in the nation)
35.6 FT Rate (460th in the nation)

We don't need a starter in the backcourt, but a guy like Sellers could compete for a spot and push younger players for a starting role.

No idea if he’d be interested but Jaylin Sellers statistically looks like an ideal fit as an alternative to Timberlake.

Reaction Score
No idea if he’d be interested but Jaylin Sellers statistically looks like an ideal fit as an alternative to Timberlake.
His 3pt% is obviously high, but on a lot less volume (this year and his career) than Timberlake. But he's also a lot younger.

He and DJ Rodman both fit my sorting criteria (at least 16% usage, 50% on close 2s, at least 7 3PA/100, 36% from 3 and 75% from FT, between 6'3" and 6'8").

They're pretty much the last 2 in the portal who fit.

His numbers are strong across the board, but his volume wasn't high enough to project him to step into a big role while also moving up conference tiers. He'd be a pretty ideal candidate for the Calcaterra role off the bench. But as you mentioned, he's probably looking to spread his wings rather than keep them tied up.

Last edited:

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yup.

Also, my main point in posting those clips wasn’t necessarily start three freshmen, but that we usually have freshmen come in and make the impact of a Clingan and Karaban pretty consistently. Whether the team success came with it is another story but it’s not abnormal to see a freshmen come in and play well here.

I left a lot of guys off this list from the 2010s alone (like Bazz, Scoe, Omar Calhoun, and Daniel Hamilton)

Fuggit I found these from Omar’s freshman year too and can’t leave them off

2012- Omar Calhoun Three vs. Providence

Loved Omar Calhoun freshman year. Man, was Mike Patrick the worst or what?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1683469668016.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah nobody is disputing that Ross can contribute, but he's not going to start day 1 for a top 10 team with legitimate championship hopes. It's just not realistic, and deep down I think you know that even if you won't admit it. There's a big difference between looking good against good HS competition and starting for one of the best college teams in the country
All depends on the roster of this hypothetical top 10 team.

If there's no Jackson and no Newton next year, just who will be the starters if the only experienced players are Clingan, Karaban, Romouglou, Diarra and Johnson ?

Big holes to fill could make for a team like the 10/11 team on which the freshmen contributed over 60% of the minutes played.....even more than the vaunted freshman class at Kentucky.

Reaction Score

If there's no Jackson and no Newton next year, just who will be the starters if the only experienced players are Clingan, Karaban, Romouglou, Diarra and Johnson ?

Big holes to fill could make for a team like the 10/11 team on which the freshmen contributed over 60% of the minutes played.....even more than the vaunted freshman class at Kentucky.
Well in that hypothetical scenario we'd be bringing in 1-2 experienced transfers to get to the 11-12 man roster Hurley wants. And even if the 10 we currently know, I think you'd likely see Karaban at the 3 and Johnson at the 4 before Ross starts day 1

Reaction Score

If both elect to not return freshman will be huge immediately. Diarra is Diarra, can’t be a starter if you want to be a top team. And the other 2, who knows. Our best bet is the freshman growing up fast or a surprise late get somehow.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Well in that hypothetical scenario we'd be bringing in 1-2 experienced transfers to get to the 11-12 man roster Hurley wants. And even if the 10 we currently know, I think you'd likely see Karaban at the 3 and Johnson at the 4 before Ross starts day 1
What’s the deadline on the portal??? We have to be running into a limited amount of time between the two players deciding and the portal deadline.

Reaction Score
What’s the deadline on the portal??? We have to be running into a limited amount of time between the two players deciding and the portal deadline.
Front end deadline for players to enter is May 11 (this Thursday). Players have up until the fall to choose a new school though, just have to be in the portal by Wednesday

Reaction Score
Joe Girard III to Clemson, sorry if this was already mentioned. Staying in conference will make for an interesting game, when he beats up on Cuse next year.

Reaction Score
Excited for the last few days of portal entries. Hopefully our coaches have a good idea of what's likely to happen with the NBA guys by now.

Reaction Score
Good Jackson replacement
There is no such thing as a good replacement for Andre. It took me watching most of the games from this season on replay to really appreciate what a terrific player he is. Perhaps my favorite Husky ever and my first game was in 1967.

Reaction Score
Zuby Ejiofor from Kansas has mentioned UConn. 6'9 240 who was a frosh last year who came in ranked 40-50. I think I'm in the minority, but I'd like a player on the team that can hold position against power players trying to back down in the paint. I can't quite see Johnson or Singare ready for that next year. I'd like another option as much as a shooter.

Reaction Score
Zuby Ejiofor from Kansas has mentioned UConn. 6'9 240 who was a frosh last year who came in ranked 40-50. I think I'm in the minority, but I'd like a player on the team that can hold position against power players trying to back down in the paint. I can't quite see Johnson or Singare ready for that next year. I'd like another option as much as a shooter.
Would be a nice luxury to have, but I don't see the minutes available unless we're totally writing off Johnson getting more than 10 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
He's intruiguing. Where'd you see the UConn mention?

Reaction Score
He's intruiguing. Where'd you see the UConn mention?
Zuby Ejiofor enters transfer portal; Top 5 landing spots

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member